News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

VJ

Thats also the beauty of these reservations systems (for Disney), its forcing more people to go to DCA, even if for just a few hours. And since you can't park hop until 1 p.m., it keeps you there all morning assuming you show up at opening. So both parks stay relatively busy, at least the opening hours.

But yes if you're going after 1 p.m., you can just sign up for DCA, go through the turnstyle and then go right back to DL. Many people will probably be doing this. I'm guessing many do it now if your original intention was to go to DL first.
i was under the impression if you wanted to park hop you needed a reservation for the second park

Emmanuel

i was under the impression if you wanted to park hop you needed a reservation for the second park

As of now no. You just need to have a reservation for the 1st park you're going to. After that you can park hop back and forth starting at 1pm as you normally do.

fctiger

So who is actually thinking about getting this? I been pining on it for a day and I could be persuaded to get another AP, uh, I mean membership key again. ;) I told my girlfriend about it and she's interested too. We really did enjoy our trip last month and still have two more days on our park hoppers which we'll probably use this month. I'm in NO rush to get one, I probably won't until September or October and just see how the reservation system goes first. If its really hard to get reservations in the week, then probably not. But of course Disney can't sell these passes if people are complaining about never get any decent reservations and will try and accommodate as many as possible so I'm not THAT concerned, but yes wait and see.

Might get the second pass but could go for the first one if we decide to do the monthly payment plan. Honestly the BIGGEST shock is actually bringing back the monthly payments as everyone kept saying that was real culprit to so many passes but with a reservation system its not as a big deal. And yes, Disney wants to sell as much as these as possible and don't have a choice with these prices.

I wish there were a few more options like a parking pass but honestly the passes seem like a great deal in general. And they start much sooner than I think most of us were thinking of.

Last edited:

waltography

So who is actually thinking about getting this? I been pining on it for a day and I could be persuaded to get another AP, uh, I mean membership key again. ;) I told my girlfriend about it and she's interested too. We really did enjoy our trip last month and still have two more days on our park hoppers which we'll probably use this month. I'm in NO rush to get one, I probably won't until September or October and just see how the reservation system goes first. If its really hard to get reservations in the week, then probably not. But of course Disney can't sell these passes if people are complaining about never get any decent reservations and will try and accommodate as many as possible so I'm not THAT concerned, but yes wait and see.

Might get the second pass but could go for the first one if we decide to do the monthly payment plan. Honestly the BIGGEST shock is actually bringing back the monthly payments as everyone kept saying that was real culprit to so many passes but with a reservation system its not as a big deal. And yes, Disney wants to sell as much as these as possible and don't have a choice with these prices.

I wish there were a few more options like a parking pass but honestly the passes seem like a great deal in general. And they start much sooner than I think most of us were thinking of.
My sibling's getting a Believe key and I'm waffling over whether to get the Dream or Believe tier, but we're definitely getting them. We both had Flex passes prior to this so really nothing changes for us save for the no MaxPass thing.

I fully believe that reservations will not be hard to come by in this first year given how easy it was get when I had my Flex pass, so I'm hoping to take advantage of the system now than if/when they hit a million keyholders.

aaronml

An observation…. the lack of physical pass/ticket cards for this is another indicator that FASTPASS (in its prior form) isn’t coming back, since you need a physical card to use the FP machines. That was one of the reasons why for a while if you bought a ticket online, they would scan the “Print at Home” / mobile app barcode and print out a physical ticket card to use moving forward. Does anyone if they are still doing that post-COVID?

Ryan120420

An observation…. the lack of physical pass/ticket cards for this is another indicator that FASTPASS (in its prior form) isn’t coming back, since you need a physical card to use the FP machines. That was one of the reasons why for a while if you bought a ticket online, they would scan the “Print at Home” / mobile app barcode and print out a physical ticket card to use moving forward. Does anyone if they are still doing that post-COVID?
Prior to the shutdown Disney was transitioning the FastPass machines to central locations in each land and those new FP machines could scan tickets off your phone.

So them going completely digital with APs is not necessarily an indicator that FP is dead.

waltography

We still get physical tickets as a copy. The first time you present your barcode, even if it's already linked to your app, they print a physical ticket and take your photo.

cmwade77

I didn't say forever. I said just for a little while. And I completely understand him. I been there too. I think everyone has at some point. But you have to admit, if you want to REALLY take a break, saying how much you want to take a break on a Disney message board for months on end is kind of defeating the purpose of taking a break. ;)

But it's just my opinion. I was mainly responding to his response to me.
Exactly, we aren't going to get passes right now, because we are going to take this next year or so and go and do the other things we always keep saying we want to do, but never make it to.

cmwade77

Yes I am the one that wanted them to completely end, still do. 100%. Same goes for fastpass I hope it never returns.

However, since now they are back and introduced, that is our current playing field. It is lame to not have a tier to visit without reservation.

Talking with my wife and we'd rather just get a ticket once or twice a year. We're probably getting too old/busy for monthly visits.
Come on, we all knew when flex pass was introduced that eventually all pass levels would require reservations. The writing was on the wall, it was probably 5 to 10 years away though, COVID just sped it up dramatically.

cmwade77

OK, but help me out. Your main issue is that people use the APs to visit TOO much, right?

So isn't this kind of a nice middle ground? People get to still keep the passes, but same time Disney curtail their visits a little? Wasn't that the entire point about all of this? Not that Aps in itself was bad, simply that people were abusing them?

I admit I don't understand the logic but that's why message boards are fun. ;)

And for the record I NEVER had a problem with the crowding issue personally. It's a very popular theme park, its going to be crowded. But I understand why others did and especially now more than ever. Which is why I applaud the reservation AND thankful APs are back in some form.

And I always knew the APs were coming back. That was NEVER in question. But even I'm a bit surprise it's basically the same thing once you remove the reservations....which may be removed one day as well.
I don't think reservations will ever be removed unless people stop going to the parks.

Ryan120420

At the end, the signature pass was $1,349. I looked it up to see.

At the end a Signature Pass was $1,199 with the MaxPass upgrade it came out to $1,324. Signature Plus was $1,449.

Disney raised prices of passes and tickets 1 month prior to the shutdown. The Signature Pass with Maxpass was $1,249 prior to the price increase.

fctiger

We already booked a trip for the end of the month, we will be upgrading our day passes to Dream Keys (sounds weird) then.

We had Signature passes before so it’s no more than we are used to paying .

Good to know! We have the California resident 3 day pass and was thinking maybe we could upgrade with those since we still had two days left, but it sounds like that's not an option unfortunately. If we could have, we would've definitely gotten the top pass. But no matter what it will be either of the top two passes if we get them.

And I still can't remember the name of these passes lol.

fctiger

You will STILL get a physical ticket, it will just be the paper pass they hand you at the turnstyle. The PH tickets are also done digtically, but I was still handed a paper ticket after they scanned although I think the paper ticket is just optional if you want it IIRC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom