News Disneyland Magic Key Program

SoCalDisneyLover

If you don’t have a car, it’s best to just take a Lyft/Uber. There really is no convenient public transportation to Disneyland like there is to Universal.
From South O.C., there is. It's one of my favorite ways to reach the parks.

OCTA Bus #83 goes from the Laguna Hills Transportation Center to Disneyland Resort. It takes roughly 1 hour, a little longer during afternoon rush hour. The round trip cost is $4.

You could also take Metrolink Trains to the Anaheim Transportation Center (ARTIC), and then from there, the ART Bus to the Resort.

Supreme Leader

Same cost for less benefits. Not entitlement to express disappointment in this.

No more photopass and no more freedom to visit.

Friends would just hit me up and ask to go sometimes the night before.

Sometimes my wife and I would have weekend plans cancelled and would turn it into a Disneyland day.

For people that already plan each visit months in advance, this pass is great for them. For myself, this pass doesn't work for my interests.

I can't imagine I was the only person who would visit on a day's notice.
Yeah that's what I think kinda sucks about it. Sometimes me and my friend would both have the day off work and be bored and just hit each other up and go to Disneyland for the afternoon/evening. A shame you can't really do that anymore.

dovetail65

I haven't had time to read this entire thread, but can anyone link me to the info where there is a day limit on the 1399.00 pass. It seems like 6 reservation can be made at a time, but the days are themselves are unlimited. Someone was telling me 48 days but I am not sure what that is about. .I can't find that the days are limited to 48 with the expensive pass. And if that 48 days is true for certain passes is their language prohibiting buying another once the 48 days are up? I go to WDW so not concerned just wondering.
I don't think park reservations will ever go away. If I remember correctly, FP/MP was used to help with staffing the attractions based on attendance levels, I imagine park reservations are being used in the same way. Especially if FP/MP becomes a day-of purchase rather than something that was decided 90-days out.

Why would you give up that info if you're Disney Park Ops?

I don't think it will be forever, though it may take years, at least in Florida. With Universal's third park coming and them not requiring reservations and after a couple years and Disney getting the data they think they need I believe the Park reservation will stop. It may take 2 or 3 years. I think at a certain point Park reservations will not be useful, as long as they deem the information useful or only obtainable in that way they will keep them. After a couple years of Data and using pre and post Covid historical data software will be able to predict Park reservations based on all the other Disney reservations. In my opinion in California the Park reservations may stay in place longer.

If we believe Chapek the park reservations are here to stay.

Californian Elitist

Same cost for less benefits. Not entitlement to express disappointment in this.

No more photopass and no more freedom to visit.

Friends would just hit me up and ask to go sometimes the night before.

Sometimes my wife and I would have weekend plans cancelled and would turn it into a Disneyland day.

For people that already plan each visit months in advance, this pass is great for them. For myself, this pass doesn't work for my interests.

I can't imagine I was the only person who would visit on a day's notice.
Exactly. A Disneyland AP used to come with more and cost less. I remember my deluxe pass, the second most expensive one, being about $600 and it included parking and exclusive AP-only events, both of which are no longer offered.

This is a case of paying more for less.

dovetail65

Exactly. A Disneyland AP used to come with more and cost less. I remember my deluxe pass, the second most expensive one, being about $600 and it included parking and exclusive AP-only events, both of which are no longer offered.

It is paying more, but the parks have gone through some billion in upgrades I think. I am not defending Disney, but in that area of CA even 1399.00 is relative. I want to say my kid pays 290.00 a month just to park living in that area so 3,480.00 a year just to park his car in LA ! He said he found another for 180.00 a month he is switching too, still that is 2160.00 a year to park. I am sure he wishes either had a Disneyland pass that came with that! I highly doubt WDW will try charging for the parking with down in Fl, but if they do it will just be another thing pushing me to Universal where my AP gets me valet free(well pre covid).

I have AP for Disney, Universal and 6 flags and always said the season passes or memberships were the best bang for the buck and appear they still are even at current pricing. I used to pay 790 for my WDW pass but even the last 2 huge increases it is still a heck of a deal as long as we actually go to the Parks. Right now I have not been coming out ahead with the WDW or Universal AP's at all.

Californian Elitist

It is paying more, but the parks have gone through some billion in upgrades I think. I am not defending Disney, but in that area of CA even 1399.00 is relative. I want to say my kid pays 290.00 a month just to park living in that area so 3,480.00 a year just to park his car in LA ! He said he found another for 180.00 a month he is switching too, still that is 2160.00 a year to park. I am sure he wishes either had a Disneyland pass that came with that! I highly doubt WDW will try charging for the parking with down in Fl, but if they do it will just be another thing pushing me to Universal where my AP gets me valet free(well pre covid).

I have AP for Disney, Universal and 6 flags and always said the season passes or memberships were the best bang for the buck and appear they still are even at current pricing. I used to pay 790 for my WDW pass but even the last 2 huge increases it is still a heck of a deal as long as we actually go to the Parks. Right now I have not been coming out ahead with the WDW or Universal AP's at all.
I don’t mind paying more, but not for less. The cost of living in California isn’t related to Disney purposefully removing perks from the DLR AP over time.

Stevek

It's also a case of simple supply and demand as I'm sure you get. I don't like, but can't blame Disney for increasing prices and reducing the "value" received as long as people are willing to pay for it. It's smart business and people whine and complain all the way to the front gate as they pay yet another visit. They will have people that fall out of the "AP" population like us but there are always enough to make it financially profitable for them.

Californian Elitist

It's also a case of simple supply and demand as I'm sure you get. I don't like, but can't blame Disney for increasing prices and reducing the "value" received as long as people are willing to pay for it. It's smart business and people whine and complain all the way to the front gate as they pay yet another visit. They will have people that fall out of the "AP" population like us but there are always enough to make it financially profitable for them.
Absolutely. Disney knows what they’re doing. Lots will continue to pay, myself and yourself just won’t be included in that bunch.

Californian Elitist

From South O.C., there is. It's one of my favorite ways to reach the parks.

OCTA Bus #83 goes from the Laguna Hills Transportation Center to Disneyland Resort. It takes roughly 1 hour, a little longer during afternoon rush hour. The round trip cost is $4.

You could also take Metrolink Trains to the Anaheim Transportation Center (ARTIC), and then from there, the ART Bus to the Resort.
Yes, Orange County is accessible. I was referring to public transportation from Los Angeles.

CaptinEO

Right. Not saying Disney will go bankrupt over this decision or that people won't show up. Just makes the pass a bust for day trippers like myself/my wife and my friends.

Disney Analyst

Yes, Orange County is accessible. I was referring to public transportation from Los Angeles.

Maybe we need to sell LA a

1628094225330.gif

??

Stevek

Right. Not saying Disney will go bankrupt over this decision or that people won't show up. Just makes the pass a bust for day trippers like myself/my wife and my friends.
Can you do 3 mid week or non-blocked out Friday day trips during a year? If so, the cheapest pass still pays out easily (if you are a So Cal resident like me). That's the decision we have to make. I can easily take a day off during the week, just a matter of if we want to go more than once or twice a year. The other concerning part is knowing what the crowds will really be like which would drive our desire to visit more frequently. The optimist in me wants to believe that Disney will reduce crowds noticeably. If that happens, we would actually consider getting the Imagine Key. I believe both of my daughters are doing just that as their school and work schedules give them the flexibility to go during the week.

CaptinEO

Can you do 3 mid week or non-blocked out Friday day trips during a year? If so, the cheapest pass still pays out easily (if you are a So Cal resident like me). That's the decision we have to make. I can easily take a day off during the week, just a matter of if we want to go more than once or twice a year. The other concerning part is knowing what the crowds will really be like which would drive our desire to visit more frequently. The optimist in me wants to believe that Disney will reduce crowds noticeably. If that happens, we would actually consider getting the Imagine Key. I believe both of my daughters are doing just that as their school and work schedules give them the flexibility to go during the week.
I honestly don't bother with any days SoCal or SoCal Select (now called Imagine) are allowed, they have always been miserable. Also don't want to take time off work to go to Disneyland anyways since I'd rather save it.

Sounds like the pass could fit your family's needs nicely though.

Stevek

I honestly don't bother with any days SoCal or SoCal Select (now called Imagine) are allowed, they have always been miserable. Also don't want to take time off work to go to Disneyland anyways since I'd rather save it.

Sounds like the pass could fit your family's needs nicely though.
That's really the unknown. So Cal days were pretty packed but will they be again? If Disney caps attendance equally across all days of the week, theoretically every day could feel the same regardless of pass type.

waltography

One could take the 460 out there, but from the Downtown Los Angeles area, it’s a 2.5-3 hour bus ride, which is exhausting (I’ve done it many times). Another option is to take the Metrolink from Union Station in Los Angeles to Anaheim and then take a Lyft/Uber from the Anaheim station. Overall, that takes about an hour, which is great. However, the last train heading back to Union Station from Anaheim leaves at like 7pm, which is early.

If you don’t have a car, it’s best to just take a Lyft/Uber. There really is no convenient public transportation to Disneyland like there is to Universal.
Thank you! Yeah, ridesharing it is then. I'm gonna miss the convenience of transportation in OC. 😅

Jiggsawpuzzle35

The Believe Key is probably what I’ll be getting as long as they don’t jack up the parking price to like $35/$40. If so then it’s better off to get the Dream Key.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom