News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

Actually, what they are saying is..." We HAD a vaccine that worked very well, however the general public screwed up the efficacy of it by not taking the vaccine, pretending the pandemic was over, and now the virus has mutated to a strain that potentially outwits the vaccine for some people."

That's what you think? That might be the worst message to be sending. Yeesh.

Don't say that around people who are hesitant please.

fractal

The odds of the vaccine killing you are tiny - much less than COVID-19 killing you. And there are at least 2 deaths from reinfections that were part of a University of Missouri study (out of 63 reinfections), so your worst case should you get reinfected would also be death. If you're going to argue that dying from the vaccine is your worst case scenario then you have to be consistent and acknowledge that it's also your worst case scenario should you be reinfected. Is there a chance you still have immunity from your infection? Yes. Is there a chance you don't? Also yes.

Reinfection may be rare, but so is death by vaccination. If you've never had an adverse reaction to a vaccine before then the odds are overhwelmingly in favor of you not having an adverse reaction to this one.

Thanks for the article. Always looking for more information. The study in the review were of people with initial severe Covid-19 infection which was not my case. It also stated that asthma and nicotine dependence were associated with reinfection which I have neither.

Father Robinson

Then why are vaccinated people needing to wear masks?
To prevent children who can't get the vaccine yet, the people who for medical reasons can't get the vaccine, and unfortunately the ignorant people who refuse to get the vaccine from getting Covid. You can still get both Covid and the Delta variant of you're fully vaccinated, you just won't get severe symptoms. You can however still pass it to those that can, and the Delta variant is much more easily transmitted.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Sorry I got that way when it felt like you where calling me a liar.

My bad.

Your still one of my favorite posters!
Nah, I really just assumed it was a typo or their side messed up on wait times. Though DVC has been sucky lately with that. I do believe some will cancel and some will book. I tried to look for a better room today. So far no go. Friends I would travel to meet with will likely reschedule if masks are back indoors. So I'll move if they move likely. It's all fluid for so many

Sorry if I unintentionally offended.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I wish they would put out a definitive statement.

If no masks then problem solved, I will give my
money to the company that supports the vaccinated.
The good news today the list of company’s that support the vaccinated is growing.

You don't like the indoor mask recommendation, we get it. Cancel your trip and move on already.

Ponderer

To prevent children who can't get the vaccine yet, the people who for medical reasons can't get the vaccine, and unfortunately the ignorant people who refuse to get the vaccine. You can still get both Covid and the Delta variant of you're fully vaccinated, you just won't get severe symptoms. You can however still pass it to those that can.

And it needs to be emphasized over and over that Delta isn’t like the original variant or Alpha. It goes after kids, and it goes after them hard. They’re spectacularly vulnerable. We can’t make the (always feeble( excuse that this is just a disease for older people or those with co-morbidities anymore. Delta looked for openings and vulnerabilities and picked our lock.

And God help us if we don’t stop it and it mutates into something even worse. Lambda has been out there for a year, and for some reason doesn’t have the mechanism to really propagate, so it’s classified as a minor variant of interest. But it looks like it’s got the ability to evade the current iteration of the vaccines. If we got a mutation with the rampant transmissibility of Delta with the vaccine evasion of Lambda, we would be in very deep trouble indeed.

seascape

You don't like the indoor mask recommendation, we get it. Cancel your trip and move on already.
I don't like wearing a mask but I will in September. I am not upset at Disney but at the fact there are too many people who failed to take their shot. I hope that every themepark company does the right thing and require guests to wear masks indoor. It is a shame it has come to this because the recommendation was always the unvaccinated should wear them but didn't. The blame lies with the 40% not the rest of us. PLEASE GO OUT AND GET YOUR SHOT BECAUSE IF YOU DO WE CAN GET OVER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL.

danv3

Not a "right to work" consideration. You may be referring to "At Will" employment. Montana is the only state that is not purely "At Will". Right to Work refers to the ability to be employed in a union shop without being a member of a union.
People get the difference between “right to work” and “employment at will” correct about as often as they spell HIPAA correctly. And kudos for noting the Montana exception!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
To prevent children who can't get the vaccine yet, the people who for medical reasons can't get the vaccine, and unfortunately the ignorant people who refuse to get the vaccine from getting Covid. You can still get both Covid and the Delta variant of you're fully vaccinated, you just won't get severe symptoms. You can however still pass it to those that can, and the Delta variant is much more easily transmitted.
So then why aren’t we social distancing, masking outside, and shutting everything down again?

just trying to make sense of it all because 🤷🏼‍♂️

CaptainAmerica

Unvaccinated children are at lower risk than fully vaccinated adults.

Father Robinson

So then why aren’t we social distancing, masking outside, and shutting everything down again?

just trying to make sense of it all because 🤷🏼‍♂️
Because we're not at defcon 5 yet. They're not going to drastically alter everything at once. If conditions keep getting worse which I fully suspect they will, I have no doubt they will slowly start implementing more safety measures.

Ponderer

This is quite an exaggeration to the point of completely inaccurate.

I refer you to today’s Bloomberg article, “Packed Minivans Line Up for COVID Tests as Children Fall Sick.”

“Messages about Covid-19’s risk for young people have been “really problematic,” said Andy Pavia, a physician and chief of the division of pediatric infectious diseases at the University of Utah.

“We’ve really done a disservice to young adults and to older kids, teenagers in particular, by highlighting the difference between them and adults without really emphasizing that it’s a bad disease for them as well,” said Pavia.

Utah’s new cases are highest among children, teenagers and working-age adults. Pavia said he’s seen a marked increase in hospitalized children. In May, the hospital had many days with none. In recent weeks, it has cared for as many as five at a time. That points to many milder cases in the community, Pavia said. And, with schools closed, testing has declined.”

Here’s the article (behind a CAPTCHA):

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Not for the Delta variant. That's the problem right now. Delta is much more contagious in children than the original strain.
It is much more contagious for everyone. Kids are still getting and transmitting COVID at lower rates than other age groups. And when they do, the cases are typically mild. The risk isn't zero obviously, but it is still very low even with the delta variant. Like understating risk, we also should not overstate the risk.

Trauma

So I can open myself to more criticism I would like to talk more about my canceled trip.

When I say Disney does not support the vaccinated, this doesn’t apply only to mask rules.

If Disney announces tomorrow they are requiring vaccination for all employees, I will gladly pick up the phone ( sorry don’t like the website ) and drop a motherload of cash (won’t be able to use my points ) on a trip.

I will post my receipts since everyone here accuses me of lying.

I will show up and GLADLY wear my mask.

I will spend money on food Souvenirs etc.

If Disney is willing to move the needle in the right direction for our country I will proudly support them.

So far all they have done, is what they need to do to continue to make money.

I respect that.

But if they want my money they will have to do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom