Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

MarvelCharacterNerd

I don't recall if it was mentioned here yet but the Pearly Band is back at Disneyland, performing by Small World. :)

It's still too quiet on Main Street without the Dapper Dans and in New Orleans Square without the Bootstrappers (and not sure if Jambalaya Jazz Band is back yet either).

Also - Five & Dime are doing two different sets at DCA - their usual one in the mornings and a new one with some of the characters around in the afternoons. :)

Curious Constance

I didn't realize until now, but the SS Columbia is open too.

Do we know when the monorail will reopen?
Haven’t heard a peep. Imagine spending money to stay at the Disneyland Hotel right now with no real restaurants and no monorail. They should have just kept it closed until they were ready to at least have the bare minimum of amenities to offer at that cost! 😬

Animaniac93-98

Haven’t heard a peep. Imagine spending money to stay at the Disneyland Hotel right now with no real restaurants and no monorail. They should have just kept it closed until they were ready to at least have the bare minimum of amenities to offer at that cost! 😬

Might as well drop the "Disneyland" and call it "Hotel"

"When visiting Disneyland, stay at Hotel - now with beds to sleep in!"

Stevek

So despite our inability to get Rise boarding passes either opportunity when we visited July 12th, my daughters went this AM and got a Rise pass (already rode, loved it) and just got a Web Slingers pass (220 wait). Happy they are having better success this time around...even happier they both have jobs so I didn't have to pay for their parkhopper tickets today.

fctiger

So despite our inability to get Rise boarding passes either opportunity when we visited July 12th, my daughters went this AM and got a Rise pass (already rode, loved it) and just got a Web Slingers pass (220 wait). Happy they are having better success this time around...even happier they both have jobs so I didn't have to pay for their parkhopper tickets today.

We got pretty lucky as well when we went on the 17th. We managed to get a boarding pass for both ROTR at 7 a.m. (number 12) and then WEB at 12 p.m. (number 85). We were hoping to get just ONE of them but to get both and pretty early times too was truly lucky. We had already done ROTR before the shut down so was fine if we didn't do it right away again but it ended up being the first ride we did back in the parks and it's an amazing ride! WEB is fun actually but not a must do. The ride is fun, but it feels waaaaay too short to me.

SSG

From writer David Koenig:

"One CM told me that, considering how much money the resort is saving, she expects no tram service “for a couple of years.”

Per a CM: “The tractors that pull the tram guest cars are trashed. During the entire resort closure, no work was done on them. When it came to restart them, engines were ruined. Rats made nests in them and chewed up the wiring, batteries were dead, and other mechanical issues.”

mickEblu

"One CM told me that, considering how much money the resort is saving, she expects no tram service “for a couple of years.”

Per a CM: “The tractors that pull the tram guest cars are trashed. During the entire resort closure, no work was done on them. When it came to restart them, engines were ruined. Rats made nests in them and chewed up the wiring, batteries were dead, and other mechanical issues.”

So ridiculous. They could take what they made from Turkey leg sales last Tuesday and pay for the new trams.

I guess Im not going back to DL until the trams are running since that’ll mean they’re giving a damn about guest experience again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Too bad DL has hardly any bus drivers to get the real story.

SplashGhost

If this is true, this is a bad sign for the immediate future of the resort, not just in terms of the trams, but also in terms of what other things will be done to safe money, and what other maintenance issues happened during the downtime that might end up having long lasting effects.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Sounds right up there with bus driver exaggerations.

They act like the things were left for 15 years. <2yrs is awhile, but not for 'ruining' stuff. Batteries are consumables. Maybe some vehicles have rodent damage, but I wouldn't extrapolate that to mean everything, etc.

el_super

Almost seems like a toss up. I'd guess the guest complaints about walking are actually fewer than the long lines for the trams at the end of the night.

truecoat

Per a CM: “The tractors that pull the tram guest cars are trashed. During the entire resort closure, no work was done on them. When it came to restart them, engines were ruined. Rats made nests in them and chewed up the wiring, batteries were dead, and other mechanical issues.

I call bs. This is a made up story as any. A good mechanic could get these running in an afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom