Race Through New York is good, actually

DonniePeverley

It's not even a very immersive attraction - you can see the sides and edges, so you really aren't tranced into the attraction. It moves far too fast that you can't take anything in. It's just awfully done.

DonniePeverley

Welcome to every Universal screen ride.

You can also see the screen edges on most of them too.

Depends. Say on Spiderman you are completely lost and engrossed in the experience. You don't see the corners of the screens, or the fire exit signs. That's the key to a good attraction - full immersion.

When you have a flat screen ahead of you, you are often take out the experience when you notice the corners, the wall behind, the fire exit sign in the corner, etc

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
The ride seems to be consistently posting long waits now on the app. I've never seen this before. It's listed at 55 minutes right now. Did something change? Did everyone take note of my thread and check it out? ( ;) ) Or is the park just that busy?

jonnyc

I think an issue with any new ride is that we all want it to be an amazing ground breaking attraction, so when something turns out to be more a 'filler' ride we are all disappointed.

Not everything can be an E-ticket and in that sense the ride is fine - is it amazing? No. Is it a pleasant enough experience in A/C for 20-30 mins? Sure. Would something on a track with animatronics and not relying screens have been better? Probably.

My main issue with this attraction, is that the seats are unnecessarily snug!

lebeau

Race Through New York is fine. It's a decent middle-of-the-road screen-based attraction. If you don't like it, it's most likely because you don't like screen-based attractions and/or Jimmy Fallon. If I had a blank canvas, I wouldn't have wanted a ride based on The Tonight Show and it's in a park that didn't need another screen-based motion simulator, but the ride experience is just fine. I do agree with the point about the virtual queue. Virtual queues have so much potential and Universal has messed them up twice. The one for F&F is worse somehow. At least with Fallon you get to wait in a lobby with some entertainment.

PizzaPlanet

My expectations weren't super high going in but I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm not really familiar with the Tonight Show but flying through New York was cool.

macefamily

I like the ride. But every time I suggest to the family "Let's go ride the Jimmy Fallon ride" I'm met with a group of sighs. No one else cares for it. Twister was OK, but I personally thought Ghost Busters was better than all. It was the first Florida theme park ride I went on. That was way back in 1994.

lebeau

I like the ride. But every time I suggest to the family "Let's go ride the Jimmy Fallon ride" I'm met with a group of sighs. No one else cares for it. Twister was OK, but I personally thought Ghost Busters was better than all. It was the first Florida theme park ride I went on. That was way back in 1994.
My family likes the ride for the most part. My youngest often names Race as her favorite ride. But we know even with EP, there's a good chance it's going to take 20 minutes or more to ride it. The wait in the lobby isn't unpleasant, but it's still a wait. And the actual queue once you get called can be pretty tedious. So, we get sighs when someone suggests a Fallon ride based mostly on the wait times.

DonniePeverley

Race Through New York is fine. It's a decent middle-of-the-road screen-based attraction. If you don't like it, it's most likely because you don't like screen-based attractions and/or Jimmy Fallon. If I had a blank canvas, I wouldn't have wanted a ride based on The Tonight Show and it's in a park that didn't need another screen-based motion simulator, but the ride experience is just fine. I do agree with the point about the virtual queue. Virtual queues have so much potential and Universal has messed them up twice. The one for F&F is worse somehow. At least with Fallon you get to wait in a lobby with some entertainment.

I like a good screen ride. But the days of a stationary vehicle looking at a screen are long gone. This was cheaply done. It's the same with Despicable Me. Although the later does have a better IP.

JT3000

I like a good screen ride. But the days of a stationary vehicle looking at a screen are long gone. This was cheaply done. It's the same with Despicable Me. Although the later does have a better IP.
Those days are long gone? Then why did Disney include screen rides in two of their newest lands? For the retro appeal? Or maybe people still ride them...

JT3000

Don't be ridiculous. Flight Of Passage is on a complete different level and world to Jimmy Fallon.

Literally one of the worst posts on this forum.
You're welcome to think that, as based on everything I've seen thus far, you're literally just a troll whose trifling opinions of what I post won't exactly be keeping me up at night. In fact, I'll probably have forgotten this entire conversation shortly after clicking "Post reply."

But while I'm here... They're both screen rides with simulated motion that don't go anywhere, or as you put it, "stationary." The fact that one is more ambitious than the other makes no difference with regards to the validity, or lack thereof, of what you said. The fact is parks are still building that genre of ride and guests are still enjoying them, therefore your statement was objectively erroneous & invalid. Have a nice day.

DonniePeverley

You're welcome to think that, as based on everything I've seen thus far, you're literally just a troll whose trifling opinions of what I post won't exactly be keeping me up at night. In fact, I'll probably have forgotten this entire conversation shortly after clicking "Post reply."

But while I'm here... They're both screen rides with simulated motion that don't go anywhere, or as you put it, "stationary." The fact that one is more ambitious than the other makes no difference with regards to the validity, or lack thereof, of what you said. The fact is parks are still building that genre of ride and guests are still enjoying them, therefore your statement was objectively erroneous & invalid. Have a nice day.

Classic defensive reply after realising he made perhaps the silliest argument on this forum. Arguing because Disney made Flight Of Passage, it gives Universal a free pass for a poor screen ride. Literally makes no sense no matter how you jazz up your argument.

OG Runner

Race Through New York is a fun ride. Total fantasy with a sense of humor. You get off of the ride and know it was fun.
Not every ride needs to be an absolute technological marvel to be enjoyable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom