Race Through New York is good, actually

JT3000

Disney is too busy threatening to pull out of filming in Georgia because of voter rights rather than thinking about viable investments into their them parks. I don't ever Mickey being this woke.
Characterizing the preservation of voter rights as "woke" is... an interesting choice to say the least. But if Disney's various donations to politicians don't hinder their investment into their theme parks, I think it's fair to say this won't either.

I wonder if they can? I know Disney cannot add a Spiderman ride, but can Universal use the characters from the newer movies?
I mean even when the X-Men movies came out they still used the 90s X-Men comic versions.
No. Universal's rights are for the comics characters, not the movies, which were created after the park opened. They can sell merchandise based on the movies, but that's it.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Disney is too busy threatening to pull out of filming in Georgia because of voter rights rather than thinking about viable investments into their them parks. I don't ever Mickey being this woke.

What does this have to do with this thread?

OG Runner

What does this have to do with this thread?

I know. Sorry I was partly responsible. I saw another post and questioned that and so on and so on.
It really ended up with posts that had absolutely nothing to do with your post. I believe I mentioned
earlier that I agree with you. I totally enjoyed the Jimmy Fallon ride. The drop from the Moon is fun.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I know. Sorry I was partly responsible. I saw another post and questioned that and so on and so on.
It really ended up with posts that had absolutely nothing to do with your post. I believe I mentioned
earlier that I agree with you. I totally enjoyed the Jimmy Fallon ride. The drop from the Moon is fun.

Ah ok. I don't mind derails, I was just confused.

Minthorne

It's a fine attraction for what it is. Much as another spinner is fine for what it is. But in the 21st century I'd expect that things should not just be more of the same again.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Hey, so what's with them loading this ride with the worklights on now? My friend and I realized this the other day that it used to look all blue and glow-y, and now the theater looks like walking into a warehouse.

macefamily

Someone probably came up with an electricity cost-saving effort because Universal is so poor :rolleyes: I have already posted on this thread, but I'll say it again, I like the ride, but it was better. They actually used to run scents that matched up with the screen action (loved the NY City pizza scene). Also, the entertainment used to be top notch. Tom Shilou used to be one of them. He's a comedian/barbershop quartet singer who regularly appears on Fox shows.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Someone probably came up with an electricity cost-saving effort because Universal is so poor :rolleyes: I have already posted on this thread, but I'll say it again, I like the ride, but it was better. They actually used to run scents that matched up with the screen action (loved the NY City pizza scene). Also, the entertainment used to be top notch. Tom Shilou used to be one of them. He's a comedian/barbershop quartet singer who regularly appears on Fox shows.

I didn't know that about the entertainment. The performers are still there, but often performing to on one. I remember the pizza scent. It's weird that they would remove effects and load with the worklights on with what is admittedly already not a very immersive ride experience.

thelookingglass

I also agree that the ride is okay, but:

Hey, so what's with them loading this ride with the worklights on now? My friend and I realized this the other day that it used to look all blue and glow-y, and now the theater looks like walking into a warehouse.

I noticed this too. It looks like crap and washes out the screen. They shut off during the ride, at least. It feels like a bunch of powerful spotlights are pointed at you and you can see how dirty the seats are.

OG Runner

I also agree that the ride is okay, but:

I noticed this too. It looks like crap and washes out the screen. They shut off during the ride, at least. It feels like a bunch of powerful spotlights are pointed at you and you can see how dirty the seats are.

It could be something as simple as a safety measure. Somebody probably tripped getting onto the ride, and made a big deal about
it, now you have bright lights. Just an idea.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
It could be something as simple as a safety measure. Somebody probably tripped getting onto the ride, and made a big deal about
it, now you have bright lights. Just an idea.

If this is the case, surely there's a better way than blinding bright white?

Last edited:

Frankenstein79

NBC is one of the worst channels and streaming services. So using this prime location for Jimmy Fallon seems like a waste. I think they should stick with just major IP's that will remain relevant and timeless.

JT3000

NBC is one of the worst channels and streaming services. So using this prime location for Jimmy Fallon seems like a waste. I think they should stick with just major IP's that will remain relevant and timeless.
This really isn't a prime location. It's a relatively small building. And while Jimmy Fallon may not be timeless, the Tonight Show has been around for a while now and they've just gotta get that sweet, sweet corporate synergy.

TwilightZone

Making it themed to Jimmy Fallon ages like milk as more time goes on. He is not as relevant in 2022 as he was in 2017. It's a ride that desperatly needs a retheme once (or even before) Epic Universe is built. Even a simple "SNL" theme would be fine as a placeholder until it could be properly replaced.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Making it themed to Jimmy Fallon ages like milk as more time goes on. He is not as relevant in 2022 as he was in 2017. It's a ride that desperatly needs a retheme once (or even before) Epic Universe is built. Even a simple "SNL" theme would be fine as a placeholder until it could be properly replaced.

I mean.... like it or not, he's still the current host of The Tonight Show. That makes him still pretty relevant.

TwilightZone

I mean.... like it or not, he's still the current host of The Tonight Show. That makes him still pretty relevant.
Sure yeah it does, but I don't think he is nearly as popular as he used to be. In 2017 a whole fandom could be kickstarted off of him (and it did, Hamilton was partially thanks to his show). In 2022, I mainly hear jokes about the how the guests should act on the show rather than the show itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom