Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I went to my doctor today to discuss my concerns with side effects... he told me “well they’ve put us in a really awkward place. We are supposed to tell everyone to get the vaccine no matter what. And then when people come to us with side effects we are just supposed to say yeah that happens”

He also told me he didn’t think I had any real reason to worry since it’s been several weeks, he said they usually present themselves in the first week.

I think it’s wrong the way the media and people on this forum are shaming people into getting a vaccine.
Remember those data points you read. Several weeks? You past the 22 day they gave you. I don't think medical people are being put in an awkward place though.... and honestly I think you are still projecting fears. The media actually helped your anxiety over a tiny chance of something instead of helping more vaccinate. They've been doing the negative nancy on side effects from before people were eligible. Just hang in there. You'll hit 42 days in no time.

Edit: I don't believe in shaming much. Some people might need it, but most need to be met where they are and what thatbis varies soooo much.

Flugell

I went to my doctor today to discuss my concerns with side effects... he told me “well they’ve put us in a really awkward place. We are supposed to tell everyone to get the vaccine no matter what. And then when people come to us with side effects we are just supposed to say yeah that happens”

He also told me he didn’t think I had any real reason to worry since it’s been several weeks, he said they usually present themselves in the first week.

I think it’s wrong the way the media and people on this forum are shaming people into getting a vaccine.
I really admire you for getting the vaccine despite your worries and fears. I’m sorry that your doctor sounds less than sympathetic or reassuring.
However, I take issue with your final sentence. Virtually every scientist and research study says the vaccine is the best and quickest way to end the current nightmare. The vaccine is available free to everyone, yet in the USA, as I understand it, take up is now slow. How do you think people should be encouraged to get the vaccine? I understand shaming is not an acceptable strategy but I guess that the vaccinated are just frustrated.
Don’t answer if you prefer not to but are your family happy that you have been vaccinated?
It’s easy for a stranger on a WDW forum to say but I really hope that every day out from the vaccination you feel more confident that all will be well and justifiably proud of the decision you have made to help the world.

correcaminos

^^^ Same, @helenabear ...so sorry.
I'm so sorry for your loss
Thank you both.

Want cruelty? The girl was thrown down the stairs by her previous owner. Her leg broke and the jerk never took her to fix it. So she had 14 years with us dealing with arthritis, pain, and scar tissue related to absue. Bad teeth too. She was a mess by the time she died, but we did all we could until the end to love her. I'm partially angry today because the world sucks and we see so many suffer because people are selfish jerks who care no one. Just gets me so bad sometimes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you both.

Want cruelty? The girl was thrown down the stairs by her previous owner. Her leg broke and the jerk never took her to fix it. So she had 14 years with us dealing with arthritis, pain, and scar tissue related to absue. Bad teeth too. She was a mess by the time she died, but we did all we could until the end to love her. I'm partially angry today because the world sucks and we see so many suffer because people are selfish jerks who care no one. Just gets me so bad sometimes.
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

ImperfectPixie

Thank you both.

I totally get it. I get so angry at people sometimes for the same reasons.

Virtual Toad

Thank you both.

Don’t lose hope. The world is full of caring people and most at heart really do want to help others. We’re living in a strange time where the irresponsible voices of a vocal minority are amplified beyond proportion. We just need to figure out a way to shift the narrative, heal our wounds, and urge our friends, loved ones and children to lead by example. Hang in there.

correcaminos

Don’t lose hope. The world is full of caring people and most at heart really do want to help others. We’re living in a strange time where the irresponsible voices of a vocal minority are amplified beyond proportion. We just need to figure out a way to shift the narrative, heal our wounds, and urge our friends, loved ones and children to lead by example. Hang in there.
Thanks, I do still have faith we'll get there, but just having a bad week or so mostly brought on by the cat. Seeing people rant the way I have today didn't help was all.

We've seen it even here, people taking the next step to do good - whatever it may be. I know it takes time... like I said just kind of emotional lately. Maybe we need more pet pictures again :D

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
That is an awfully big jump, wonder if that is a data anomaly. If it isn't then that is really bad.
Don't worry, the cases are tending down in a couple weeks as the people will be forced to be vaccinated soon. Come on return of mask mandate won't be long for now.

havoc315

That is an awfully big jump, wonder if that is a data anomaly. If it isn't then that is really bad.

seems real:

“AdventHealth had 862 COVID-19 patients hospitalized on Monday across the Central Florida division, near the peak of about 900 patients the health system saw in January.”

WDW should be a leader here and mandate Vaccination for their cast members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom