News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope to ride Frozen, haven't been on it yet. We haven't been in 4 years and I missed it last time.

(yes, I know you were just trying to be mean and didn't really want to know, but since you asked...)
It’s okay. We skipped WDW and went to Anaheim in 2019 then last years Orlando trip was cancelled and I’m expecting this years to be too. I feel your pain.

Inspired Figment

At least it seems that the character stuff won't be the only focus of the show, but I don't know if I saw something that would warrant the show components staying out on the lake all the time. But I freely admit there's probably nothing that would justify that decision for me.
Except the focus ‘is’ on the characters & stories… atleast that’s what solely being used to supposedly celebrate those countries/cultures without really showcasing their real world qualities. I’m sorry but ‘the same songs dubbed in different languages’ doesn’t cut it for me.. they could’ve used those characters as a way to compliment the real qualities & parts of those countries while rewriting their songs or creating new ones to fit said mission of the show & park.. but they didn’t unfortunately.

But yeah, the fact it’s so unnecessarily large & instrusive, staying in the middle of World Showcase all day & night, doesn’t make anything about this show more appealing or justified for me.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

At this point, I've realized that people will complain about this show regardless of how amazing it is just because it wasn't created some time before the year 2000 so negative reactions don't even phase me anymore. The show looks great so far and it's very nice to see projection images back over the lagoon. It is also lovely that fountains will be used more in the show!

And as far as theming, it looks like it'll be exactly what I thought it'd be. Illuminations 2.0 (or is this like 3/4.0 now?) with IP which I don't mind as long as the IP is used well (which it seems like it's being used in an appropriate fashion so far). Very excited to see this in person in October with my family!

Sir_Cliff

At least it seems that the character stuff won't be the only focus of the show, but I don't know if I saw something that would warrant the show components staying out on the lake all the time. But I freely admit there's probably nothing that would justify that decision for me.
I kind of feel the same way watching this. I'm not thrilled it is another movie-focussed show, but it is and so taking that into account I just hope they do something interesting with it and the jury is still out on that. From the video, though, I'm not seeing anything mind-blowing from the screens or fountains that makes me at least understand why someone might have thought the effect might have been worth leaving giant exposed show equipment in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon permanently. Just looks like giant screens and kind of scrawny (if powerful) fountains. The ring also seems like a bad move due to limited visibility.

Inspired Figment

At this point, I've realized that people will complain about this show regardless of how amazing it is just because it wasn't created some time before the year 2000 so negative reactions don't even phase me anymore. The show looks great so far and it's very nice to see projection images back over the lagoon. It is also lovely that fountains will be used more in the show!

And as far as theming, it looks like it'll be exactly what I thought it'd be. Illuminations 2.0 (or is this like 3/4.0 now?) with IP which I don't mind as long as the IP is used well (which it seems like it's being used in an appropriate fashion so far). Very excited to see this in person in October with my family!
That’s not why people are upset.. it’s because the ‘IP’ is the focus and not an actual compliment to showing the real countries, people, and their cultures. The same songs dubbed in different languages is being used as a crutch to justify it being “a celebration of our ‘world’ through Disney”.

it’s ‘not’ just nostalgia and that people miss old things. It’s that people wanted tasteful upgrades that fit with the park’s mission & purpose and that’s not what this is.. it does it in the absolute loosest way possible that nearly totally compromises the actual message & concepts it should be presenting..but I respect your opinion on it either way.

Last edited:

dreday3

From the sounds of it, it seems there will only be about 6 of us watching it this October, should have our pick of prime viewing locations! 😂

sup

this preview looked like a lame light show with a few fireworks thrown in. I will have to see entirety to know how good I think it is. Preview looked kind of lame.

Vinnie Mac

Hardly. You can’t be that silly.
Not as silly as those who complain about any and everything because of "muh nostalgia". I agreed with the initial barge complaints but now it just seems like everything is a problem with some people. I guarantee you, once HarmonioUS debuts, there will be people looking for even the tiniest of things wrong with the show. Was there a light that was slightly less bright than a light used in Illuminations? Failure! Did that one firework seem smaller than the other one from Illuminations? Failure! If it rains on October 1st (god forbid), it's the barges fault, it NEVER rained when Illuminations was around. Failure!

I loved Illuminations too but come on now lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom