Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

Look at MA and what happened last year when mask mandates went into effect. They absolutely make a difference.

Delta isn't better at getting through a mask than previous variants.
Well we will see won’t we.

Can’t wait to see this massive drop in cases in the next week.

DisneyCane

Look at MA and what happened last year when mask mandates went into effect. They absolutely make a difference.

Says who? If the viral load is higher by 1000 times, some about more viral particles are going to make it through. Nobody knows what viral load it takes to infect someone. Maybe masks work the same with Delta, maybe they don't. At this point, nobody knows.

ImperfectPixie

Says who? If the viral load is higher by 1000 times, some about more viral particles are going to make it through. Nobody knows what viral load it takes to infect someone. Maybe masks work the same with Delta, maybe they don't. At this point, nobody knows.
Are masks less effective against Delta, sure. But that doesn't mean they don't make a difference. They absolutely make a difference.

KrzyKtty

MA is very highly vaccinated. The fact that at least part is already red basically means the CDC is saying the vaccines don't work with respect to allowing a return to normal.
I think the main point of the vaccine has always been to reduce hospitalizations and harmful side effects? I mean yeah, they might have spun the return to normal to get more people on the bandwagon, but the scientists and leading doctors have always said the main point of the vaccines was to reduce harmful impacts. It's a process.

GimpYancIent

This would be a mask that makes a difference. Go big or go home. The rest of these mask discussions are just talking points. Oh yea, its stylish too.
1627418833984.png

DisneyCane

Are masks less effective against Delta, sure. But that doesn't mean they don't make a difference. They absolutely make a difference.
I'm not saying they don't but you can't say they do. No studies have been done (nor lab experiments) specifically to assess how effective they are in preventing transmission of Delta.

ImperfectPixie

I'm not saying they don't but you can't say they do. No studies have been done (nor lab experiments) specifically to assess how effective they are in preventing transmission of Delta.
Physics says they make a difference. Read what @hopemax wrote above.

If you cast a net, you're going to catch fish. Smaller fish will get through, but the big ones will be caught.

DisneyCane

I think the main point of the vaccine says always been to reduce hospitalizations and harmful side effects? I mean yeah, they might have spun the return to normal to get more people on the bandwagon, but the scientists and leading doctors have always said the main point of the vaccines was to reduce harmful impacts. It's a process.
It's a perpetual, never ending process. There's always going to be a new variant of concern. It's literally never going to end and civilization can't exist that way.

No animal is meant to breathe through a filter anytime they are in contact with other animals.

KrzyKtty

I find it weird for some reason that culturally the United States has such an issue with the masks in the first place. Wearing masks in public has been a pretty standard everyday thing in many Eastern countries. Just saying, it's interesting looking culturally how it's such a huge thing over here, and part of everyday life over there.

Disney Analyst

It's a perpetual, never ending process. There's always going to be a new variant of concern. It's literally never going to end and civilization can't exist that way.

No animal is meant to breathe through a filter anytime they are in contact with other animals.

Perhaps humans should be more like animals and stop all medical intervention and science?
Just roam the earth free of capitalism, in the wild, living off the earth and dying as disease strikes.

Sounds like a plan.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I find it weird for some reason that culturally the United States has such an issue with the masks in the first place. Wearing masks in public has been a pretty standard everyday thing in many Eastern countries. Just saying, it's interesting looking culturally how it's such a huge thing over here, and part of everyday life over there.
Because we think nothing bad can ever happen to us. That it’s only other people who have it in the cards. That’s the collective “we” of course. And I am an occasional participant (just not in this case).

KrzyKtty

That's a bit of an extreme viewpoint though. Yes this will continue to change and evolve, but it's pandemic level impact will eventually wane. Don't you think people went through these same sort of issues a hundred years ago with the Spanish flu? They didn't even have the benefits of modern vaccine science and it still eventually waned. Just more patience needs to be had while The vaccine science is improved, more people get vaccinated as children are allowed and FDA approval is secured, and third world countries get vaccinated.

This is more a marathon than a sprint or a short race. We might still be in the last quarter of it, but that still means we have many miles to go until it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom