News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It’s about time for the lives of the unvaccinated to be miserable. Require the shot at restaurants, movie theaters, schools, jobs, etc. Make their lives a living hell until they get the shot. It’s not fair to those of us who did what we were supposed to do to have to suffer again because of those idiots. This time they stay home, not us.

dreday3

I said it pages back and I still firmly believe that with the numbers strongly going up, Disney will be implementing stronger protection measures to prevent a total shutdown. This of course will suck immensely and I've faced the fact that we as country will be dealing with Covid for years to come at this current rate.

I'm not going to sugar coat it anymore, this surge is the direct fault of those who refused to be vaccinated and now all of us who were responsible and got vaccinated, are now faced with living with the same restrictions as last fall/winter. I'm beyond frustrated at the moment and my upcoming trip in October isn't looking too swell right now. Ugh!

They will say mask indoors and in ride queues. It's going to be fine.

MikeyK72

There's a whole group of people who can't get vaccinated: those under 12. There's also a small group of us who medically can't get vaccinated. Plus, there are studies coming out demonstrating the vaccine is less effective for some with underlying conditions.

People just need to put the masks back on until this is better controlled and/or until those under 12 can get vaccinated.
Why can't it go the other way? The people who are not or cannot be vaccinated should wear the masks to protect themselves.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Full disclosure I am vaccinated as is my daughter now but we can’t blame all of the unvaccinated people for this. I blame the news media for being completely misguided and driving political agendas rather than focusing on reality

I still can’t believe over 2 administrations we haven’t had a prime time network broadcast of real experts (who aren’t politically motivated or paid to say something a certain way) telling us REAL information about what it is, how it works, and what is helping and the real info behind it.

Because of that and the crappy news media and their narratives no one knows what or who to believe anymore and that is what I blame on the spike

dreday3

Full disclosure I am vaccinated as is my daughter now but we can’t blame all of the unvaccinated people for this. I blame the news media for being completely misguided and driving political agendas rather than focusing on reality

I still can’t believe over 2 administrations we haven’t had a prime time network broadcast of real experts (who aren’t politically motivated or paid to say something a certain way) telling us REAL information about what it is, how it works, and what is helping and the real info behind it.

Because of that and the crappy news media and their narratives no one knows what or who to believe anymore and that is what I blame on the spike

They should have (still can actually) done something like this across all the channels. Even some of the cable channels (Bravo, TLC etc) - would reach a lot of people.

DisneyCane

Then how did he ban them from requiring proof of vaccination?
HE didn't. The legislature did by passing a law that says a business can not require proof of vaccination to receive service from a business. The same law says that businesses can do whatever they want as far as health and safety protocols go. The only thing they can not do is require proof of vaccination as a requirement to be served by the business. They can do things like say you have to wear a mask but if you show proof of vaccination you don't have to.

MKFanatic

I said it pages back and I still firmly believe that with the numbers strongly going up, Disney will be implementing stronger protection measures to prevent a total shutdown. This of course will suck immensely and I've faced the fact that we as country will be dealing with Covid for years to come at this current rate.

I'm not going to sugar coat it anymore, this surge is the direct fault of those who refused to be vaccinated and now all of us who were responsible and got vaccinated, are now faced with living with the same restrictions as last fall/winter. I'm beyond frustrated at the moment and my upcoming trip in October isn't looking too swell right now. Ugh!
No way Disney does this voluntarily.

aliceismad

It’s about time for the lives of the unvaccinated to be miserable. Require the shot at restaurants, movie theaters, schools, jobs, etc. Make their lives a living hell until they get the shot. It’s not fair to those of us who did what we were supposed to do to have to suffer again because of those idiots. This time they stay home, not us.
Except that now places like Montana have passed laws saying that grocery stores and restaurants are not allowed to refuse service to unvaccinated people. All over the country, laws are being put in place to ensure unvaccinated folks can't be discriminated against. On the plus side, I guess that should mean I get to work from home longer.

pdude81

No way Disney does this voluntarily.
They are currently saying they are following CDC guidelines, which would have them with indoor masks if Mayor Demings had the juice to do it as the CDC always allowed for local policy on masks to be more restrictive than theirs.

Now when the CDC changes, they either have to follow suit, or change to disregard those guidelines. I expect a quick announcement on indoor masking to follow from Disney, but we'll see how it goes.

phillip9698

What a loaded statement. Real experts? Who gets to decide who the real experts are? Because we have had real experts up there that were labeled as quacks the moment they said something that someone didnt like. Then everyone gets to turn to their favorite facebook expert to tell them the "truth"

Fact of the matter is people will never give scientists or "experts" the time needed to thoroughly assess a situation and give a fully backed expert opinion for a couple reasons. The second anything happens you have any and everybody demanding to know the answer at this moment, of course this is 2021 right, so any and everything should be able to be explained on demand. Find something out next week that changes what you said last month, well now you are labeled a liar and are no longer an "expert" on the situation. Also you could have God himself (if you believe) tell you the reason the sky is blue but someone is going to get paid a handsome sum to go on tv and say just the opposite, so thats exactly what will happen and the people who want to believe the opposite will have their opinion confirmed. The average person already knows the answer to any and all questions that could ever be asked, all they are looking for is someone to confirm it.

Wendy Pleakley

People already dismiss factual information from experts. Look at the opposition to Dr. Fauci, who isn't beholden to any single political party or administration.

Ponderer

HE didn't. The legislature did by passing a law that says a business can not require proof of vaccination to receive service from a business. The same law says that businesses can do whatever they want as far as health and safety protocols go. The only thing they can not do is require proof of vaccination as a requirement to be served by the business. They can do things like say you have to wear a mask but if you show proof of vaccination you don't have to.

He signed the law, but okay.

I’m not talking about that law. I’m saying that if they mandated that they can’t require proof of vaccination, they could certainly pass *future* legislation prohibiting that businesses require masks. If they put in one restriction, why couldn’t they pass another?

I don’t know Florida law or the state constitution, so I’m genuinely asking.

donsullivan

Premium Member

I’m not talking about that law. I’m saying that if they mandated that they can’t require proof of vaccination, they could certainly pass *future* legislation prohibiting that businesses require masks. If they put in one restriction, why couldn’t they pass another?

Facial coverings fit under the provisions similar to ‘no shirt, no shoes, no service’. Every business can do whatever they deem appropriate for their business on stuff like that.

pdude81

In one case you're talking about something along the lines of a dress code, and asking everyone to do the exact same thing on private property. This is not uncommon and only requires a piece of fabric outside the body.

In the other you are not only mandating a medical decision, but also the transfer of information about your medical decision. And at the time, vaccines were not available to even all adults.

I strongly believe everybody should be vaccinated, and would support some sort of passport for voluntary events likes sports stadiums or concerts, but we can't have the grocery store telling grandma that she can't buy milk without showing her vaccine passport on the new iPhone. It starts getting into issues of discrimination in places of public accommodation, and legally that gets kind of hairy. I don't really agree with the decision on outlawing the passports, but I understand why it was made.

Tom P.

Facial coverings fit under the provisions similar to ‘no shirt, no shoes, no service’. Every business can do whatever they deem appropriate for their business on stuff like that.
For now, yes. New legislation could be passed to change that, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom