News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

That's great in theory. What if 50% refuse to comply? What about 75%? Are you just going to empty the parks? I don't think mask mandates will work this time around. I just don't think people will accept them anymore.
Masks inside, if that's what they even decide, is really not a big inconvenience. I don't understand why it's being made such a big deal to wear a face covering indoors in the middle of a variant spike during a pandemic while you're a tourist at a theme park. Sheesh.

Trauma

That's great in theory. What if 50% refuse to comply? What about 75%? Are you just going to empty the parks? I don't think mask mandates will work this time around. I just don't think people will accept them anymore.
Just don’t spend money at places that require a mask.

Tom P.

Masks inside, if that's what they even decide, is really not a big inconvenience. I don't understand why it's being made such a big deal to wear a face covering indoors in the middle of a variant spike during a pandemic while you're a tourist at a theme park. Sheesh.
You may not consider it a big deal, but the reality is that other people do. You mention being a tourist at a theme park. That's kinda actually why it's a big deal to me. Because I don't have to go to a theme park. I have to go get groceries. So if the grocery store requires a mask, I'm going to suck it up and put one on. But Disney? Nope. I won't go if there is any sort of mask rule in place. I'll just wait until it goes away.

Now, I'm not going to be a troublemaker and try to go to Disney and disobey the mask rule and cause a scene. I will just choose to not go. But I suspect other people won't be as nice about it. And let's be honest here. If enough guests make a stink about it, Disney isn't going to turn them all away and lose the money. Unless there is a government mandate, of course. Which in Florida has a zero percent chance of happening.

relic827

That challenge right now is we are back in ‘slow the surge’ mode like we were more than a year ago. We first need to get everyone back with masks to stabilize spread and in parallel get everyone vaccinated. If both things don’t happen this runs rampant for months into the future again.
There is a significant portion of the population who will just never get vaccinated. Even without the politicization and conspiracy theories, health care compliance is generally not exactly great, at least not in the US. So any idea that relies on “getting everyone vaccinated” will not solve anything. The unvaccinated will continue to cause outbreaks and surges for years and at a certain point we can’t keep protecting people who simply refuse to protect themselves. I know right now many people are still unable to get vaccinated, but that won’t always be the case. The people who refuse? That will, sadly.

FantasiaMickey2000

You don’t understand why it’s a big deal to wear a mask in 100 degree heat index while standing in line for an hour and a half for Slinky Dog Dash where you aren’t even allowed to lower your mask to take a sip of water per Disney’s rules? Heat stroke mean anything to you?

Huntsman1230

They won't do anything drastic. Disney is so indebted to this 50th celebration that reverting back to 2020 rules will cause irreparable harm.

disneygeek90

You may not consider it a big deal, but the reality is that other people do. You mention being a tourist at a theme park. That's kinda actually why it's a big deal to me. Because I don't have to go to a theme park. I have to go get groceries. So if the grocery store requires a mask, I'm going to suck it up and put one on. But Disney? Nope. I won't go if there is any sort of mask rule in place. I'll just wait until it goes away.

Now, I'm not going to be a troublemaker and try to go to Disney and disobey the mask rule and cause a scene. I will just choose to not go. But I suspect other people won't be as nice about it. And let's be honest here. If enough guests make a stink about it, Disney isn't going to turn them all away and lose the money. Unless there is a government mandate, of course. Which in Florida has a zero percent chance of happening.
Choosing not to visit because you don't want to wear a mask is the correct choice. Most people don't want to cause trouble for Disney, their family, or anyone else they're traveling with. If Disney adjusts their policy, most will comply with no push back. Sure, there will always be that jerk yelling at a CM that's caught on video, but by and large people don't want to go to private property just to blatantly disobey rules. We're adults, we should be able to follow restrictions where necessary if we decide that a theme park is also necessary.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Choosing not to visit because you don't want to wear a mask is the correct choice. Most people don't want to cause trouble for Disney, their family, or anyone else they're traveling with. If Disney adjusts their policy, most will comply with no push back. Sure, there will always be that jerk yelling at a CM that's caught on video, but by and large people don't want to go to private property just to blatantly disobey rules. We're adults, we should be able to follow restrictions where necessary if we decide that a theme park is also necessary.
If disney changes their policy there are also going to be many cancellations

it’s going to be very interesting to see how business and theme parks handle this along with the general public.

And don’t even get me started about if we are so worried about covid then why are we still letting people into our country

FantasiaMickey2000

Indoor mask requirement wouldn’t be too drastic I don’t think. Let’s hope they leave it at that at the most.
But with Disney indoor doesn’t mean indoors. It includes queues and attractions many of which are outside. Do I mind wearing a mask inside muppet vision 3D? No. Do I mind wearing a mask for the current one hour 50 minute wait for slinky dog dash in 100 degree heat index? Yes I do, that’s pretty damn drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom