News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLEtoWDW

Masks will be recommended but not required.. that’s the furthest they can go given DeSantis’ stance on mask mandates. Personally, I don’t see how you can require a fully vaccinated individual to mask.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The state mandate applies to local governments not businesses
Correct. Private businesses can (and do) require face coverings for entry regardless of vaccination status. The governors order only prevents local governments from imposing a mandate.

HeartOfTeFiti

I just ordered an extra pack of disposables for our October trip.

This will ensure that they won't bring back masks and I'll have wasted money.
Hahaha. Yes, you may be right. I bought 4 boxes of 50 each recently because I saw them on Amazon for $2.99 a box. The same ones that I paid over $50.00 a box for last year. I couldn't not buy them at that price.

DonniePeverley

Don't go to a theme park if you aren't comfortable with the risk.

#themeparksarenotinfectiousdiseasewards

Whatever the level of protection that masks provide, it is certainly far less than you think it is. While they may reduce transmission on a macro level, they don't turn a "super spreader" situation into a low risk situation, especially not with the Delta variant.

In a few more days, I expect that data from LA County will show that re-introducing the indoor mask mandate ends up having very little effect on "the numbers."

You can put in place measures to REDUCE risk. It doesn't have to be the option of a FREE FOR ALL or nothing. There are measures in between (like masks on indoor attractions) that can help reduce risks.

Ponderer

Correct. Private businesses can (and do) require face coverings for entry regardless of vaccination status. The governors order only prevents local governments from imposing a mandate.

So far. He’s already banned businesses from requiring proof of vaccination. I will be very surprised if he doesn’t ban any mask requirements as well.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So far. He’s already banned businesses from requiring proof of vaccination. I will be very surprised if he doesn’t ban any mask requirements as well.
I'm desperately trying to stay out of the politics of this but Florida is close to a tipping point right now with the impact of COVID denial. When local hospitals need to raise their alert levels to RED again due to the surge in cases we have a problem and denying it is just getting more people sick and causing more to lose their lives or the lives of family members. We know how to fix this but some continue refusing to take the action that can do so.

Ayla

Given the state of the hospitals with COVID patients in Central Florida right now I would be extremely surprised if Disney doesn't again require masks while indoors within the week. It's getting really, really bad around here right now.

Personally, I've gone back to wearing masks indoors everywhere I go now whether the location 'requests' it or not. While I've been fully vaccinated since mid-April, I can't risk testing positive since my job requires regular testing, nor do I want to spread to someone who will not get vaccinated. I've lost too many family members to this disease already.
I have started wearing a mask indoors in public, too.

MagicHappens1971

Cali(yeah I know different thing) went back to mandatory masks in all of their theme parks an attractions and queue lines that are indoors. I could see that being a thing to return to as they already require them at WDW on enclosed transportation. Ride queues and vehicles are not that much different, but I think it will take a couple to a few weeks before that choice is made again.
I don’t know when that was a thing, I was just in Disneyland last week, no masks required

Unbanshee

Can't find the metrics for "high" transmission, but here is the map:

It's on that same page, just scroll a bit down

Total new cases per 100,000 persons in the past 7 days
Low: 0-9.99
Moderate: 10-49.99
Substantial: 50-99.99
High: ≥100

pdude81

It's on that same page, just scroll a bit down

Total new cases per 100,000 persons in the past 7 days
Low: 0-9.99
Moderate: 10-49.99
Substantial: 50-99.99
High: ≥100
Doh!

I had clicked through to the counties in Florida with the map and didn't actually check the main page first. Thanks

Mr. Moderate

I said it pages back and I still firmly believe that with the numbers strongly going up, Disney will be implementing stronger protection measures to prevent a total shutdown. This of course will suck immensely and I've faced the fact that we as country will be dealing with Covid for years to come at this current rate.

I'm not going to sugar coat it anymore, this surge is the direct fault of those who refused to be vaccinated and now all of us who were responsible and got vaccinated, are now faced with living with the same restrictions as last fall/winter. I'm beyond frustrated at the moment and my upcoming trip in October isn't looking too swell right now. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom