Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you really believe the unions that represent CMs would be OK with Disney requiring them to be vaccinated as a condition of employment?

I didn't say they were an anti-vax boogeyman. Just that they would be unlikely to agree to mandatory vaccination.

BTW, I don't really watch any shows or read opinions. I develop my own opinions based on my life experiences and looking at source data (in the case of COVID) or unedited video and transcripts on other issues.
Unions typically say “no” to everything…it’s a tactic. But the ones in Florida have no collective bargaining power so they would negotiate whatever they could get out of it. Disney doesn’t fear them and there’s no sense to make it seem otherwise.

and you say so many “points” that come straight from that side of the tilt that you look like ruperts grandkid at times. You could write a book…
so I’ll stop when it stops. Deal?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I respect their courage in the microcosm of what the are doing at the time.

I’m gonna view the India as irrelevant due to the fact it’s a billion people in the third world and rhe UK as anecdotal since they implemented policies to contain delta and we have done the opposite
Maybe we’ll fair better? It’s possible.

People need to grow up and get their heads out of their butts about this…the “50th”…the place is being mismanaged now and it has nothing to do with covid. They have bad management.

Best case scenario
What policies did the UK implement to contain delta outside of vaccinating more young people? Didn’t they relax what was left of their Covid mitigations during the surge in cases?

DisneyCane

Unions typically say “no” to everything…it’s a tactic. But the ones in Florida have no collective bargaining power so they would negotiate whatever they could get out of it. Disney doesn’t fear them and there’s no sense to make it seem otherwise.

and you say so many “points” that come straight from that side of the tilt that you look like ruperts grandkid at times. You could write a book…
so I’ll stop when it stops. Deal?
I wish I had realized 20 years ago that I could have made a lot of money becoming an author or a talking head! I'm being honest. Watching cable news (really any news) or reading political commentary is torture to me.

We disagree (at least about COVID) 90% of the time but I don't have a problem that you have a different view than I do, I just disagree. We are in agreement that everybody who isn't medically unable should be getting the COVID vaccine. The reasons behind our opinions are probably different but at least we have a common goal.

You also missed the part of my other post where I said that Disney would never do it because they can't afford to lose even 10% of CMs who are hard core anti-vax and would rather be unemployed than forced to get the vaccine.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What policies did the UK implement to contain delta outside of vaccinating more young people? Didn’t they relax what was left of their Covid mitigations during the surge in cases?
I may be wrong on this…but they delayed the end of their restrictions longer than Boris demanded until 7/21 to get to an overall vax rate that was deemed sufficient.
It’s still a bit of a social experiment - however.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wish I had realized 20 years ago that I could have made a lot of money becoming an author or a talking head! I'm being honest. Watching cable news (really any news) or reading political commentary is torture to me.

We disagree (at least about COVID) 90% of the time but I don't have a problem that you have a different view than I do, I just disagree. We are in agreement that everybody who isn't medically unable should be getting the COVID vaccine. The reasons behind our opinions are probably different but at least we have a common goal.

You also missed the part of my other post where I said that Disney would never do it because they can't afford to lose even 10% of CMs who are hard core anti-vax and would rather be unemployed than forced to get the vaccine.
Ok…I’ll go with you on that.

they’ll never cow-tale to their labor…no matter the situation however.

correcaminos

I actually got really sick from the vaccine.

Only lasted 24 hours.

I would do it over again and again and again.

I enjoy the freedom without fear that I have now.
You would, but we scared so many away before we had the chance.... most do not react that badly. Obviously I'm willing and gone in for 3 shots now but too many are hearing only the bad and not enough good. This will keep people with financial worries away who likely need it most.

correcaminos

From what I’ve read, every post, lots of you have visited WDW. If you have seen my posts you will know that I am inclined (understatement!) to caution so has anyone who has visited WDW since the pandemic started caught Covid as a result of the trip? This could have been on a plane or in other transport situations as well as whilst at WDW. I don’t recall anyone saying that they have. If that is the case then what Disney and perhaps more importantly the guests have been doing seems to be working. This thought goes against everything I believe but needs investigation. I realise that this thread does not provide a viable sample and the participants may well be biased in favour of Disney but it seems that it could provide reassurance to people who are currently considering their options. It may of course provide more confusion.
I am sure it's happening. I don't know anyone personally but it has to have happened.

I stumbled on this earlier today. Not Disney but Universal. Came from my home state too

Flugell

I may be wrong on this…but they delayed the end of their restrictions longer than Boris demanded until 7/21 to get to an overall vax rate that was deemed sufficient.
It’s still a bit of a social variant - however.
We kept masks and social distancing long after the USA!
Although we have had many sports events with huge crowds most of them had to provide evidence of vaccination or a negative Covid tests. For example

Shops and businesses are allowed to request people to continue to wear masks and announcements to that effect are made regularly over the tannoy. Not perfect but sounds better than the USA from what I’ve read here. Vaccination rates continue to improve but weirdly not so much in London.
Despite this Delta has still caused huge anxiety in the same way it has with you.😷

Chip Chipperson

I am sure it's happening. I don't know anyone personally but it has to have happened.

I stumbled on this earlier today. Not Disney but Universal. Came from my home state too

It definitely sucks for that woman that she was so sick, but I can't help but point out how irresponsible her husband was to take the rest of the family to the parks knowing she was sick during a pandemic. The thought that she might have COVID-19 had to have crossed their minds when she started feeling sick. They could have spread the virus all day to other guests, but at least they had fun!

correcaminos

It definitely sucks for that woman that she was so sick, but I can't help but point out how irresponsible her husband was to take the rest of the family to the parks knowing she was sick during a pandemic. The thought that she might have COVID-19 had to have crossed their minds when she started feeling sick. They could have spread the virus all day to other guests, but at least they had fun!
Trust me, that was not lost on me as well. Would have been one thing if they'd have been vaccinated , but this? I cannot help but think of all they possibly exposed in the process. This is why I felt more comfortable going when the teens at least had a shot in their system. People are so irresponsible and careless sometimes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
no comment…just let this kinda “covid debate” wash over you

Tony the Tigger

OMG. Enough with the disinformation! That is very destructive and dangerous. Who else is starting to get PTraumaSD? Just me?
I was cured after using the ignore button.
Maybe September 2022 (fifteen anniversary of our DisneyMoon)
That month is our 15th as well! Hoping to be able to celebrate on our first Disney cruise.
My wife didn't get COVID and she had severely ill COVID patients coughing in her face last year.
Last year is irrelevant. Delta is different.

Someone posted the article link earlier but this bears emphasizing:

F25B4976-1A08-4767-8AF2-FAEFEDB69DC2.jpeg

We’re seeing over 10K cases a day again (which the government doesn’t want to tell us until Friday.)

Someone disputed when I said Florida was a mess a few days ago.

Some people still won’t acknowledge the train is coming towards them until it hits them.

Remember when they were saying, “But…but…deaths aren’t up!”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Remember: only old people are vulnerable

she obviously staged the whole thing on fauci’s orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom