FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

I'm guessing that since insiders are telling us WDW doesn't have a definitive plan yet, this will continue to drag on for months.
o1X12J.gif

Hey Bob, what do you want to do?
I don't know, Bob, what do you want to do?

Last edited:

CuteAsMinnie

So, I am guessing that we may hear something this Friday (since August 1st is on a Sunday) about FP+ or its replacement. Of course a guess is all that it is because I have ZERO insider knowledge. I am just guessing that they'd want the replacement up and running 2 months before the 50th. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I’m down with that.

pdude81

I feel like it's safe to assume that whatever they decide on will be in place for the 50th.
They should already have something in place, but we've also heard that they would like this tied in with an app that isn't likely to be ready before the new year. At one point in time you would think it was safe to assume they'd never get rid of Mr Toad. Nothing is safe anymore

flynnibus

Premium Member
at this point... I'm expecting something that would start in the new fiscal year. Thus not dilluting their qtq analysis. So something that starts Oct 4... and maybe announced 30-45 days ahead.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing that since insiders are telling us WDW doesn't have a definitive plan yet, this will continue to drag on for months.

No definite plan and insane lines means falling back into something familiar IMO.
These lines are just as long as they were prior to the pandemic without the option to wait in a minimal line for at least a few attractions.
Saw a vlog the other day where the person (local so not too big of a deal to them as they could go any time) was seeing 90 minutes for attractions that pre pandemic were 45.
My gosh yesterday I saw Swirling Saucers was 65 minutes like what???

DisneyMusician2

No definite plan and insane lines means falling back into something familiar IMO.
These lines are just as long as they were prior to the pandemic without the option to wait in a minimal line for at least a few attractions.
Saw a vlog the other day where the person (local so not too big of a deal to them as they could go any time) was seeing 90 minutes for attractions that pre pandemic were 45.
Been down 4 times this year including beginning of July and don't see what some people are talking about with 'insane lines'. Posted wait times have been consistently longer than actual wait times without a doubt, but someone would have to prove to me with hard numbers that lines don't move more efficiently without the FP+ stuff going on. RnRC was my longest wait, posted at 60 and I waited 45.

But I do think we'll get a system before Oct 1. I'm personally hoping for more virtual queue style rather than standard FP.

jpinkc

Build guest frustration to a point where they will fork over moderate-to-large amounts of $$$ on whatever scheme they have waiting in the wings? “In response to guest feedback…”
Been saying that about this all along. Disney wants the fire going until its just almost out of control, so they can ride in to the rescue. Seee what we did!!!! We are you Heroes, Now how about $25 per Fastpass....... or something to that effect.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Been down 4 times this year including beginning of July and don't see what some people are talking about with 'insane lines'. Posted wait times have been consistently longer than actual wait times without a doubt, but someone would have to prove to me with hard numbers that lines don't move more efficiently without the FP+ stuff going on. RnRC was my longest wait, posted at 60 and I waited 45.

But I do think we'll get a system before Oct 1. I'm personally hoping for more virtual queue style rather than standard FP.

The thing is they aren't social distancing anymore and yet the queue for Space Mountain wrapped around Tomorrowland.
That is a giant indoor queue that pre pandemic the only time I'd see it outside was when it had just been down.

DisneyMusician2

The thing is they aren't social distancing anymore and yet the queue for Space Mountain wrapped around Tomorrowland.
That is a giant indoor queue that pre pandemic the only time I'd see it outside was when it had just been down.
They are definitely keeping people on outside areas more than usual, but if you time the waits I think you'd be surprised how quick those lines are moving

DisneyHead123

I finally pulled the plug on my next trip to Disney after hearing some hardcore Disney fans say their recent trip was their worst ever and there is no way they’ll return before FastPass or a replacement is out. These are people who have had no complaints in any other circumstances. You can read 100 different things online but when it comes from someone you actually know, even casually, that’s when it seems like a real issue.

For me that’s not the only reason. The time my extended family wants to go really doesn’t make sense for me, my son is a toddler and would probably spend half the day melting down from overstimulation, and I just grudgingly forked over an insanely inflated deposit on the rental for our annual beach trip next summer. Even so, knowing all that before I was willing to try and make it work somehow. But the FastPass situation and the lack of any clear leadership or plan finally made me say that Disney just needs a couple of years to find itself again and regroup in a post pandemic world. I am still a huge fan, and have confidence that they’ll pull this off - but I don’t think they’re pulling it off right now. Right now I think they are still somewhat shell shocked and reorienting after a historic pandemic, loss of money, trying to launch a streaming service, and labor shortage. They need clear leadership that handles situations like this from a PR perspective instead of leaving people floundering for months, and they need a strategy for thinning their crowds that does not involve making a cheaper and cheaper experience for more and more money as a sort of “shrug - let’s just see what the market will bear in the short term I guess, cut something else and raise prices again, let’s see what happens,” attitude. Build a mini park or Disney Springs style area that focuses on character experiences only without expensive rides; sell both daytime and nighttime tickets; buy a beach, call it Disney Beach and shuttle people there for a day; add shows; go back to offering”magical extras”; add resort entertainment, etc. It must be in some way shape or form possible to thin crowds and raise revenue without using the “more and more expensive for less and less experience” model that’s happening now.

And again, I think they’ll get there. The powerful visionary types tend to emerge where there’s a vacuum and a need for them, and I think we’ll see that at Disney. But I think it’ll be around 2-4 years before they truly find their footing again. (Ends rant, looks around, turns red and scuttles away a bit embarrassed.)

jpinkc

I finally pulled the plug on my next trip to Disney after hearing some hardcore Disney fans say their recent trip was their worst ever and there is no way they’ll return before FastPass or a replacement is out. These are people who have had no complaints in any other circumstances. You can read 100 different things online but when it comes from someone you actually know, even casually, that’s when it seems like a real issue.

For me that’s not the only reason. The time my extended family wants to go really doesn’t make sense for me, my son is a toddler and would probably spend half the day melting down from overstimulation, and I just grudgingly forked over an insanely inflated deposit on the rental for our annual beach trip next summer. Even so, knowing all that before I was willing to try and make it work somehow. But the FastPass situation and the lack of any clear leadership or plan finally made me say that Disney just needs a couple of years to find itself again and regroup in a post pandemic world. I am still a huge fan, and have confidence that they’ll pull this off - but I don’t think they’re pulling it off right now. Right now I think they are still somewhat shell shocked and reorienting after a historic pandemic, loss of money, trying to launch a streaming service, and labor shortage. They need clear leadership that handles situations like this from a PR perspective instead of leaving people floundering for months, and they need a strategy for thinning their crowds that does not involve making a cheaper and cheaper experience for more and more money as a sort of “shrug - let’s just see what the market will bear in the short term I guess, cut something else and raise prices again, let’s see what happens,” attitude. Build a mini park or Disney Springs style area that focuses on character experiences only without expensive rides; sell both daytime and nighttime tickets; buy a beach, call it Disney Beach and shuttle people there for a day; add shows; go back to offering”magical extras”; add resort entertainment, etc. It must be in some way shape or form possible to thin crowds and raise revenue without using the “more and more expensive for less and less experience” model that’s happening now.

And again, I think they’ll get there. The powerful visionary types tend to emerge where there’s a vacuum and a need for them, and I think we’ll see that at Disney. But I think it’ll be around 2-4 years before they truly find their footing again. (Ends rant, looks around, turns red and scuttles away a bit embarrassed.)
I hope your right!!! And dont feel embarrassed its the same for all of us. I only hope I live long enough to see a New Walt type run Disney someday.......

DisneyMusician2

Was on a two week trip recent as well, all the wait times were inflated higher than the actual wait. From what we experienced the lines were moving, constantly...and we swear it was because of no fast pass. What other explanation could it be?
It's because all their wait time estimates are either driving people to redistribute crowds and/or are based on historical waits at certain point with FP+ being active. It is why the times are longer, the lines seem bigger, yet we're waiting less and moving constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom