News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwade77

Unless he knows there is nothing that can be done and thinks it worthwhile politically to tell residents he wished he "is trying" to do more
Which is a very real possibility, the issue here are the ICU levels, those are what need to be watched, not just for one hospital group, but overall throughout the area. If it is as simple as sending non critical issues down the road somewhere with higher capacity, then there isn't an issue, if all hospitals are strained, then they probably do need to do something, but I don't think a mask mandate is going to help.

CJR

Unless he knows there is nothing that can be done and thinks it worthwhile politically to tell residents he "is trying" to do more

I thought about that as well, it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Nothing helps you politically like putting your voters in their place, against their will.

Not trying to be political here, it's hard to walk the line on this topic, but I'm strictly saying that the people/voters, have kind of spoken on which side of this they are on. There's consequences to defying them. I know he has a lot of people on his side too, so the question is which side is bigger, I guess, if it's helps him politically. Love his confidence, regardless.

disneygeek90

I thought about that as well, it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Nothing helps you politically like putting your voters in their place, against their will.

Not trying to be political here, it's hard to walk the line on this topic, but I'm strictly saying that the people/voters, have kind of spoken on which side of this they are on. There's consequences to defying them. I know he has a lot of people on his side too, so the question is which side is bigger, I guess, if it's helps him politically. Love his confidence, regardless.
As an OC resident and someone who has watched several briefings of his over the past 16 months, Demings seems like he truly has the best health interests for his residents and hospitals in mind and I respect him for that.

Chip Chipperson

CJR

As an OC resident and someone who has watched several briefings of his over the past 16 months, Demings seems like he truly has the best health interests for his residents and hospitals in mind and I respect him for that.

I respect him too. However, I don't live in OC.

Clearly, there's lots of people of all ages walking around without masks on. They might feel differently regarding his efforts. That's my point. If they agreed with him, one might think they'd do what he's requesting of them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
At this point, masks are not going to make a darn bit a different. Cases are already baked in, IMO. Spread between the unvaccinated is all over the place. Cases will go up, and then come down, just like we have seen previously in FL. And we know much of the spread happens in private settings like homes where no one is wearing masks anyways...

What would make a difference is going full-on lockdown. But who will go for that when vaccines are readily available now? No one...

More shots in arms...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unless he knows there is nothing that can be done and thinks it worthwhile politically to tell residents he "is trying" to do more
I think this is likely true. Universal and Disney could throw him a bone by at least reconstituting the indoor requirements. People will complain and then very quickly get over it and reach for their wallets.
He probably needs to explore whether the governor overstepped his boundaries in the state constitution.

I know nothing about Florida law, but here in Maryland, our governor could lift all the restrictions locally, but he cannot prevent them from being put back into place if local authorities deem it necessary.

My theory is that first this will be a conversation with the governor, while in the meantime exploring if he can take some form of legal action.

Again, just a theory; I don't know specifically how it would work.
It’s not Maryland…who has a way better/more common sense Governor and legislature.
The state is doing a bang up job handling this... is sad that the Orange County Mayor is doing more than the currently non-existent governor is.
Sad. Florida.
At this point, masks are not going to make a darn bit a different. Cases are already baked in, IMO. Spread between the unvaccinated is all over the place. Cases will go up, and then come down, just like we have seen previously in FL. And we know much of the spread happens in private settings like homes where no one is wearing masks anyways...

What would make a difference is going full-on lockdown. But who will go for that when vaccines are readily available now? No one...

More shots in arms...
But you know that’s not what the medical data will show. I hate the masks. We all do.

but those combined with the limits and avoiding crowds did work when employed.

but the vaccines are just too easy of a fix…which is probably why we’re failing 🙄

DisneyCane

The state is doing a bang up job handling this... is sad that the Orange County Mayor is doing more than the currently non-existent governor is.
People can protect themselves and GET VACCINATED. There is no need for the Orange County mayor to do anything other than encourage people to get vaccinated and he isn't doing such a great job of it. Orange County is barely above the FL average for percent eligible vaccinated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. I have no clue why we are even trying to save these people 🤷‍♂️ They made a choice to not get vaccinated, now they need to live with their deadly choice.
Doesn’t work that way
People can protect themselves and GET VACCINATED. There is no need for the Orange County mayor to do anything other than encourage people to get vaccinated and he isn't doing such a great job of it. Orange County is barely above the FL average for percent eligible vaccinated.
They’re not doing it…they’re failing.

can we stop with the “individuals know best” nonsense. It’s never been true. The public isn’t trustworthy.

its why Eisenhower and Bradley didn’t make wading ashore on Omaha and Utah beaches “optional”

DisneyCane

Yes. I have no clue why we are even trying to save these people 🤷‍♂️ They made a choice to not get vaccinated, now they need to live with their deadly choice.
Do you say the same about drug addicts who OD? How about gang members who are shot?

I don't think insurance (or Medicare/Medicaid) should pay for COVID treatment in people who choose not to be vaccinated but they shouldn't be turned away to die.

DisneyCane

Doesn’t work that way

They’re not doing it…they’re failing.

can we stop with the “individuals know best” nonsense. It’s never been true. The public isn’t trustworthy.

its why Eisenhower and Bradley didn’t make wading ashore on Omaha and Utah beaches “optional”
Why do you (or I), who are vaccinated care. If people don't want to get vaccinated and have a high risk of getting severely ill, that's their incredibly bad decision.

I could understand your side of the argument before vaccines were readily available but not now that they are.

DisneyCane

Well considering addiction is a real issue that is hard to overcome, no I do not feel the same.
They chose to take the drug the first time when everybody with half a brain knows you can get addicted and end up in bad shape. I notice you removed the gang members getting shot from my quote when responding. Should they not be treated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom