News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otterhead

So my daughter's teacher had kids online, and kids in her classroom simultaneously. However, most of the young children weren't doing well virtually, so by November a lot of them were transferred back to the classroom.
Yeah, it did a great job of protecting their health, but it's double the work for teachers and my nephew hated remote school (then again, he's an extroverted sports loving kid; I might've been better at it if I was his age! :)

Jrb1979

At least this thread is not an accurate representation of public opinion.

Sometimes I lose sight of that and become concerned.
Disagree. This thread just like the Covid thread is a great representation of how divided the country is.

As far as masks go. I agree those vaccinated don't have to wear them. The problem is that there is way too many unvaccinated that believe they don't have to wear them either. IMO what should have been done is what is being done where I live. Masks are mandatory indoors til we hit 80% fully vaccinated. It's working to keep cases low til more get vaccinated.

My biggest issue with this thread and the Covid one is everyone's answer to it do nothing about those unvaccinated. My favorite answer from here is "Ya'll gonna git Covid anyways".

My last thing is I'm happy Canada has made a vaccine passport requirement to enter. With the lockdowns, getting cases low and having a high vaccination rate, I would hate to see that go to waste cause an unvaccinated person decided to come to Canada

Ayla

Could you imagine if this country had to fight WWII again? From what I have seen since March 2020, I am not sure we would be able to do it.

Masks should be the minimum thing that we do until the numbers are low , not coming back up and when a good antiviral is available (molnupiravir?). The anit-viral will work for the anti-vax crowd.
I completely agree with you. The last year has shown me the worst of the United States, and the best in doctors and nurses.

The lowest common denominator unfortunately, has a loud, obnoxious voice. Fortunately, they are a minority.

For the record, I'm in NJ too, mask compliance in Monmouth county was absolutely abysmal all through the pandemic. I have friends who live closer to the Princeton area, they're shocked when I tell them how bad mask compliance is around here because they never saw a soul without one on. NJ isn't a monolith, I think Disneyglimpses experience is probably accurate in their area, but it certainly wasn't the case in mine.

There's really no argument as to whether or not masks work, that's absolutely settled science. I suppose mask mandates is another question, but that's largely gonna be down to education and the enforcement options the area has available.

And by the way, when all those unmasked thanksgiving gatherings were going on that spread the virus like wildfire? In NJ we were absolutely under a mandate not to actually have them, it just wasn't enforceable in any meaningful way.

Looking at the numbers in Florida right now, I think we're way beyond a mask-or-not question for the parks, they should probably just be closed again for a time.

Witchy Chick

I'm really curious why everybody's argument for masking up in mass quantities again is to protect the children running around in the parks? If they're not vaccinated, and it's really that big of an issue, they shouldn't be at the parks. If their parents are taking them there, they obviously don't think it's that big of a problem or risk.

This is entering dangerous territories of accusing large majority of parents who are trying to do everyday things with their children as being irresponsible parents that we need to protect their little ones from. These parents know full well that if their children are unvaccinated, they are supposed to be wearing a mask. I haven't been at the park lately, but from what I'm hearing on multiple threads, very few children are running around in these parks. The vast majority of people with children are the parks don't seem that concerned, so I'm not sure why the entire country is supposed to be safety warriors for the big mean parents that don't know how to do their job.

And I see this as someone who has a child that can't be vaccinated and I'm currently constantly harassing to wear her mask.

Agreed that unvax'd, unmasked kids should not be at the parks. Or movie theaters. Or schools. Or anywhere else where they might transmit or contract Covid. For me, the masking of kids is not just about them transmitting to others. I personally feel the stats on kids with Covid, mortalities from Covid, etc this past year+ are artificially skewed low by so many school districts across the country being virtual for most or all of the 2020-2021 school year.

My state has lifted the mask mandate, and no one is wearing them voluntarily. Some businesses are still requiring them (I ran an errand on the way into work this morning, and the business had a sign on the door "masks required"). On the flip side, my unvax'd 11-year-old is in a soccer camp this week. Outdoors. All the kids and coaches unmasked. I've asked my kid to wear his mask, but I'm not there to enforce it. Makes me uncomfortable to roll the dice like this.

I didn't say masks didn't slow things down; I said the mandates didn't. Mask education was sufficient for every state without a mask mandate. Take Florida for instance, many people wore masks. Many stores required masks. They had similar or better outcomes than states with mandates. I don't think living in New Jersey is any different than in Florida.

And I think all of that is largely because it's hard to get infected in a supermarket, but easy to at a party. The low risk setting people were masking, the high risk they were not.

Which is..........wait for it..........a mandate. Or are you just opposed to a state or federally imposed mask mandate?

Disney being a non-government entity (i.e. a "store") would be OK to impose a mask mandate then?

KrzyKtty

Agreed that unvax'd, unmasked kids should not be at the parks. Or movie theaters. Or schools. Or anywhere else where they might transmit or contract Covid. For me, the masking of kids is not just about them transmitting to others. I personally feel the stats on kids with Covid, mortalities from Covid, etc this past year+ are artificially skewed low by so many school districts across the country being virtual for most or all of the 2020-2021 school year.

My state has lifted the mask mandate, and no one is wearing them voluntarily. Some businesses are still requiring them (I ran an errand on the way into work this morning, and the business had a sign on the door "masks required"). On the flip side, my unvax'd 11-year-old is in a soccer camp this week. Outdoors. All the kids and coaches unmasked. I've asked my kid to wear his mask, but I'm not there to enforce it. Makes me uncomfortable to roll the dice like this.

Which is..........wait for it..........a mandate. Or are you just opposed to a state or federally imposed mask mandate?

Disney being a non-government entity (i.e. a "store") would be OK to impose a mask mandate then?
Most school districts in SC were in school most of last year, if not all (in my district's case). In SC, in April or May, the Governor removed all mask mandates for schools across the state. In our state, child complications were still low. Of the close to 500k cases, only 123 children developed MIS-C in association with COVID (as reported by SCDHEC). Very few children died.

cranbiz

NO, that is not a mandate. That is a private business posting terms in which they will do business with an individual. Like no shirt, no shoes, no service.

If Disney wants to, they can say no mask, no entry. Like the temperature checks, those were of Disney's own decision. That was not mandated by anyone. It's their right as a private business to do so. And it's my right as a person not to partake in a businesses goods or services if I don't agree to their policies.

It would be a financial disaster for Disney to require masks again if the Govt. hasn't imposed that on them again.

spaldingclan

NO, that is not a mandate. That is a private business posting terms in which they will do business with an individual. Like no shirt, no shoes, no service.

If Disney wants to, they can say no mask, no entry. Like the temperature checks, those were of Disney's own decision. That was not mandated by anyone. It's their right as a private business to do so. And it's my right as a person not to partake in a businesses goods or services if I don't agree to their policies.

It would be a financial disaster for Disney to require masks again if the Govt. hasn't imposed that on them again.

StarWarsGirl

Artist-approaches-everyday-life-in-a-humorous-way-60f7d23fb195e__880.jpg

DisneyCane

Disagree. This thread just like the Covid thread is a great representation of how divided the country is.

As far as masks go. I agree those vaccinated don't have to wear them. The problem is that there is way too many unvaccinated that believe they don't have to wear them either. IMO what should have been done is what is being done where I live. Masks are mandatory indoors til we hit 80% fully vaccinated. It's working to keep cases low til more get vaccinated.

My biggest issue with this thread and the Covid one is everyone's answer to it do nothing about those unvaccinated. My favorite answer from here is "Ya'll gonna git Covid anyways".

My last thing is I'm happy Canada has made a vaccine passport requirement to enter. With the lockdowns, getting cases low and having a high vaccination rate, I would hate to see that go to waste cause an unvaccinated person decided to come to Canada
Are there any other mitigations still in place until the 80% vaccinated goal is reached?

DisneyCane

Jrb1979

Are there any other mitigations still in place until the 80% vaccinated goal is reached?
There is still capacity limits to make sure social distancing can still be in place. Our amusement park is only allowed 75% capacity and must have social distancing in queues. Masks have to worn on rides.

IMO cause those things are in place its helping our vaccination goal. Today Canada hit 80% with 1 dose and 60% fully vaccinated.

Trauma

Not true at all.

I say every day we should have a vaccine passport.

I am told every day that the party that has complete control of the federal government is “powerless” to do anything.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Florida shut down their Covid number reporting, and was found to be falsifying the data, so please don't post lies here.
Florida wasn't hit until after much more was learned about covid after the initial NY/NJ wave when you couldn't even get tested and the ERs were overflowing, Florida was shut down and many area had mask mandates after reopening. I could go on why it's an apple to oranges situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom