Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

I know it’s easy to just label me as dismissing the data and I could honestly care less, but I’m not sure how we can set policy and react to this study when it’s an outlier. I think we certainly need to study this further but we cannot react every time some additional study shows anything negative. If the only data we had was a single study from Israel that showed the vaccine efficacy is down to 40% then that would be much more troubling. Instead we have other recent studies like the one in the UK that showed 88% efficacy and a whole lot of real life case data that just doesn’t point to the same conclusions. What you are suggesting is we ignore the other data and plan as if this data from the single study could be accurate because it’s the worst and you always plan for the worst. I’m not sure that’s a solid way to set policy. Imagine if they started rolling out boosters now because of this data and it was later proven to be flawed. That would really damage the public confidence in vaccinations.

Let me try to explain this a different way. We all know the delta variant is far more contagious than the previous versions of Covid. Various studies and lots of real world data shows this to be true. If a study comes out of Israel tomorrow that shows the delta variant is 50% less contagious than alpha do we automatically accept that it‘s accurate or do we look at the various evidence out there and treat that study as an outlier? Most people would be skeptical and treat it as an outlier. That doesn’t mean they are dismissing it outright, but we would need more than 1 outlier study to change public opinion.
For everyone else, this is not what I am suggesting in my post.

AEfx

The White House doesn't control that kind of information. The fact that a press secretary didn't know something isn't exactly proof of a conspiracy.
You clearly did not watch the clip.

It wasn't that the White House press secretary "didn't know" - it's that she then spent several minutes trying to gaslight the press by saying things like "Why do you need to know that data? What use is it to you?"

It isn't "proof" of anything, but it is highly suspicious behavior and making people trust them less, not more.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For everyone else, this is not what I am suggesting in my post.
You said this:
IMO, if you dismiss the validity and wait for our data, we lose the opportunity to react to it and change behavior and therefore the outcome for our people who would be affected, if validity is eventually proven. If you proceed as it as valid, and take additional precautions do you make the situation worse in terms of protection against infection (American head space is another thing), if it's found to be invalid. The whole "plan for the worst."

Isn’t that proceeding as if this study is valid and taking action based on it? If you do that then aren’t you effectively ignoring the study out of the UK that says Pfizer is still 88% effective? What am I missing?

All I said from the beginning of this discussion is we need more research and especially because this study is an outlier we should not change any policy or recommendations based solely on it. We should wait and see if there is supporting evidence that tells us there is a need to take action like recommending boosters or reinstating mitigations for vaccinated people. I personally don’t feel that is dismissing the data, but to each their own.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That is my question. I would like to know where the data is coming from, especially if it's being measured differently in different places
I was reading an article where they said it varies by state and even sometime by locality within a state. The high level statements from governors and mayors like it’s almost exclusively in unvaccinated could mean almost anything but when they start quoting percentages it seems to me like they have the numbers to back that up. Who knows. It’s all part of the bigger problem we have had since the start of Covid with reporting data. It’s inconsistent and sometimes flawed.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
@GoofGoof if vaccines will be end as six months, we're doomed as by fall and winter comes we will start all over again as the COVID-19 wave will be much BIGGER than last year's fall/winter. This is getting so scary as we will start over again as possible. Or this is very possible many people was fully vaccinated as they will go longer protection for many years as possible than taking a booster vaccine? Is the indoor masks will make return for many years to come as the mutants will getting worse than others as they will end vaccines as we will go back to Square 1 aka returns of national lockdown in USA? Look, I know this pandemic will be even more nightmare by Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas as the current waves will be more spikes and surges even bigger ones will be more nightmares as possible. This is the end of the world for the people because millions of people will die alot more than this one. We will never beat this pandemic until many more years of the nightmare continues. My predictions for the future of the COVID-19 pandemic is we will have to ways to harder to beat future variants as they will be more dangerous than last ones like Alpha and Delta variants. No one will gonna stop this thing for months even years to come we will never defeating COVID-19 pandemic ever! Who knows that business will go out of the business like movie theaters, theme parks, resturants, arcades, and many more.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@GoofGoof if vaccines will be end as six months, we're doomed as by fall and winter comes we will start all over again as the COVID-19 wave will be much BIGGER than last year's fall/winter. This is getting so scary as we will start over again as possible. Or this is very possible many people was fully vaccinated as they will go longer protection for many years as possible than taking a booster vaccine?
Take a deep breath…So far most of the available data supports the vaccines lasting longer than 6 months. This is the first one that has concluded that is not true. If future studies and real world data shows that the vaccines last less than 6 months then I’m sure they will recommend boosters for everyone. Now that we figured out the logistics the boosters will be easy and quick and likely still free and available at any pharmacy or medical center. Nothing to worry about either way. We are not doomed…at least not from this 🥴

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Take a deep breath…So far most of the available data supports the vaccines lasting longer than 6 months. This is the first one that has concluded that is not true. If future studies and real world data shows that the vaccines last less than 6 months then I’m sure they will recommend boosters for everyone. Now that we figured out the logistics the boosters will be easy and quick and likely still free and available at any pharmacy or medical center. Nothing to worry about either way. We are not doomed…at least not from this 🥴
So the vaccines might go longer protection for years to come by fall. By the way in by fall/winter like September, is NJ Transit will lift indoor masks for trains and buses by September 13th. @GoofGoof and is the wave will be massive bigger by Christmas and Thanksgiving?

Also this is getting too much over there.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve been out in the world more than ever this week for work and I’m going to be completely honest... I’m more stressed about possibly developing GBS from the vaccine than I was about catching covid while wearing a mask and being distanced before.

Trauma

You are
So the vaccines might go longer protection for years to come by fall. By the way in by fall/winter like September, is NJ Transit will lift indoor masks for trains and buses by September 13th. @GoofGoof and is the wave will be massive bigger by Christmas and Thanksgiving?

Also this is getting too much over there.

Lol what a clown show.

If they bring back mitigation’s just know they won’t end for a long time.

They don’t have and endgame plan.

First it will be the Delta surge then the winter surge then whatever comes after.

If they bring back mitigation’s except them to be in place until the middle of 2022.

Complete joke.

My area has a high vaccination rate and my family is fully vaccinated.

No reason for us to treated like Arkansas or Missouri.

correcaminos

I’ve been out in the world more than ever this week for work and I’m going to be completely honest... I’m more stressed about possibly developing GBS from the vaccine than I was about catching covid while wearing a mask and being distanced before.
Huh? Chances of GBS from vaccinines is super rare. Far more rare than anything else covid related. I thought you were long past time to worry too even if you are going there.

Let's be real anti-vaxers are taking super slim possibilities and repeating so you think it's normal. It's not... GBS is not common and really shouldn't be a real concern ever with any vaccine.

You have more chances of catching covid than developing GBS. At least if I've read numbers right.

LittleBuford

Not sure why one concerns me more than the other. But I felt like I could help control not catching covid (like hiding in my basement according to some posters) - I asked for something that has now been linked to GBS. Mind Game I’m sure but it’s how I feel.
When were you vaccinated? As I understand it, symptoms of GBS usually occur within a few days or weeks (leaving aside how rare it is to begin with).

correcaminos

Not sure why one concerns me more than the other. But I felt like I could help control not catching covid (like hiding in my basement according to some posters) - I asked for something that has now been linked to GBS. Mind Game I’m sure but it’s how I feel.
Do you know how many vaccines you've taken are linked to GBS? I can think of two that are very common and have a higher link. Think on that.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
You are

Lol what a clown show.

If they bring back mitigation’s just know they won’t end for a long time.

They don’t have and endgame plan.

First it will be the Delta surge then the winter surge then whatever comes after.

If they bring back mitigation’s except them to be in place until the middle of 2022.

Complete joke.

My area has a high vaccination rate and my family is fully vaccinated.

No reason for us to treated like Arkansas or Missouri.
I'm scared I don't want mitigation to be longer as Delta surge / winter surges every year as possible I don't want this is happen. Is this is just a joke or not?

Trauma

Ok well good luck to you!!
I'm scared I don't want mitigation to be longer as Delta surge / winter surges every year as possible I don't want this is happen. Is this is just a joke or not?
I wish.

TrainsOfDisney

When were you vaccinated? As I understand it, symptoms of GBS usually occur within a few days or weeks (leaving aside how rare it is to begin with).
I’m still within the 42 days that the FDA said.
Do you know how many vaccines you've taken are linked to GBS? I can think of two that are very common and have a higher link. Think on that.
I do not. Which 2? I would be interested in researching it.

TrainsOfDisney

GBS is not common and really shouldn't be a real concern ever with any vaccine.
Well... tell the FDA to take the warning off of it.
You have more chances of catching covid than developing GBS. At least if I've read numbers right.
I have extremely low chances of having a serious case of covid and I can help control my chances of catching covid to begin with - I was doing a very good job of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom