News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Fake Disney Star Wars. Just another shameless money grab attempt by Disney. Build another hotel "like we need another hotel" slap the name "Star Wars" on it, charge an obscene amount of money to stay their, failing to deliver on the conceived experience, similar to Black Spire Outpost. Utterly ridiculous. Disney's manipulative and fraudulent and failed attempts are contemptuous like a street pimp. Disney is creatively bankrupt. Disney's main priority is to separate you from your money.
Until Six Flags aka Warner Bros.-Discovery brought Disney in 2025 as turned Walt Disney World into Six Flags World with four Six Flags theme parks over like Six Flags Kingdom, Warner Bros. Studios Backlot, Six Flags Future World, and Six Flags Wild Safari. The mascots will be Bugs Bunny and the Justice League. As for other parks around the world? Six Flags Land Resort (Six Flags Wonderland and Six Flags California), Tokyo Six Flags Coasterworld as Tokyo Six Flags Wonderland and Tokyo DC Universe, Six Flags Kingdom Paris as Warner Bros. Movie World Europe, Six Flags China, and Six Flags Hong Kong. Then no more Disney, Star Wars and Marvel folks because Warner Bros. is kicking Disney's butts.:cool::cool::cool:

magnanimous66

Until Six Flags aka Warner Bros.-Discovery brought Disney in 2025 as turned Walt Disney World into Six Flags World with four Six Flags theme parks over like Six Flags Kingdom, Warner Bros. Studios Backlot, Six Flags Future World, and Six Flags Wild Safari. The mascots will be Bugs Bunny and the Justice League. As for other parks around the world? Six Flags Land Resort (Six Flags Wonderland and Six Flags California), Tokyo Six Flags Coasterworld as Tokyo Six Flags Wonderland and Tokyo DC Universe, Six Flags Kingdom Paris as Warner Bros. Movie World Europe, Six Flags China, and Six Flags Hong Kong. Then no more Disney, Star Wars and Marvel folks because Warner Bros. is kicking Disney's butts.:cool::cool::cool:
maybe?

GimpYancIent

Fake Disney Star Wars. Just another shameless money grab attempt by Disney. Build another hotel "like we need another hotel" slap the name "Star Wars" on it, charge an obscene amount of money to stay their, failing to deliver on the conceived experience, similar to Black Spire Outpost. Utterly ridiculous. Disney's manipulative and fraudulent and failed attempts are contemptuous like a street pimp. Disney is creatively bankrupt. Disney's main priority is to separate you from your money.
"Disney's main priority is to separate you from your money". Absolutely correct! That applies across the board. "Build another hotel "like we need another hotel" slap the name "Stare Wars" on it, charge an obscure amount of money to stay their" 50 / 50 It is not a HOTEL!, that said, yes it is not a cheap experience. As for Black Spire Outpost I like it and enjoy it every time I go there, as for improvement simply put everything can always be improved.

Indy_UK

Bet your fun at parties

magnanimous66

"Disney's main priority is to separate you from your money". Absolutely correct! That applies across the board. "Build another hotel "like we need another hotel" slap the name "Stare Wars" on it, charge an obscure amount of money to stay their" 50 / 50 It is not a HOTEL!, that said, yes it is not a cheap experience. As for Black Spire Outpost I like it and enjoy it every time I go there, as for improvement simply put everything can always be improved.
Black Spire in its current form is a creative and artistic failure. Is it engineered well? Yes. Is it pretty? Yes. But it lacks Star Wars soul. It fails to use Star Wars visual vocabulary correctly. OK it has the Millennium Falcon a few squeal trilogy X-wings and one A-wing and a few recognizable props littered about. Remove those few recognizable things and it just feel like a generic space land planet. Black Spire fails to connect on an emotional level. It fails to stir up the feelings of wonder and excitement and danger you have when you watch the movies.

Universal really achieved something magical when they opened Harry Potter land. Why is it so good? Because I feel like Im in the movies. I feel like Im Harry, as he first experienced this world, so am I. The Harry Potter visual vocabulary is used for maximum emotional impact. Walking through you wander through the streets of Hogsmeade, seeing the snow covered slanted roofs. Getting lost in Diagon Alley, expecting to see Hagrid wandering pass you. Hogswart Castle revealing itself finally, thinking to myself Im late for class. Your emotions are tapped by the recognizable nostalgic environment.

Black Spire fails to inspire, fails to foster affectionate feelings about Star Wars, fails to lift my spirit, void of all emotional power.
Black Spire is an artistic disaster, failing to use its most precious commodity, Star Wars as itself.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And yet, you post on a Disney park fan site like a dutiful fanboy.

nickys

Premium Member
So we can assume you won’t be booking then? Wondering how you know they’re failing to deliver already though, has there been some kind of preview yet? Thought not.

magnanimous66

So we can assume you won’t be booking then? Wondering how you know they’re failing to deliver already though, has there been some kind of preview yet? Thought not.
Absolutely not. Im done being an ATM for Disney. They lost the rights to my money long ago. Its unfortunate but I find it justifiable. YouTube has about a million Disney parks video bloggers, I'll observe through them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
If this hotel is $ucce$$ful, will we see other similar concepts around WDW/Planet Earth?
I foresee an SEA-themed Adventurer's Hostel in the triangle just outside Adventureland by the MK... and the restaurant will be (you guessed it!) The Adventurer's Club resurrected complete with the Library, the Mask Room, The Colonel and all the traditional activities wrapped around an early or late dinner seating.

corran horn

They would scale it up if they can provide a compelling experience to more people and make more money.
Those new light sabers alone would sell themselves if you just had a cool training secession.

I wonder if they will be sturdy enough to be a consumer product at any volume. I mean it's not their fault if they're not. That they (seem) to work at all is cool, and they're probably designed for in-park (or starcruiser) cast member roleplay primarily.

wedenterprises

I foresee an SEA-themed Adventurer's Hostel in the triangle just outside Adventureland by the MK... and the restaurant will be (you guessed it!) The Adventurer's Club resurrected complete with the Library, the Mask Room, The Colonel and all the traditional activities wrapped around an early or late dinner seating.
Absolutely. And have boat transportation into Adventureland.

GimpYancIent

Black Spire in its current form is a creative and artistic failure. Is it engineered well? Yes. Is it pretty? Yes. But it lacks Star Wars soul. It fails to use Star Wars visual vocabulary correctly. OK it has the Millennium Falcon a few squeal trilogy X-wings and one A-wing and a few recognizable props littered about. Remove those few recognizable things and it just feel like a generic space land planet. Black Spire fails to connect on an emotional level. It fails to stir up the feelings of wonder and excitement and danger you have when you watch the movies.

Universal really achieved something magical when they opened Harry Potter land. Why is it so good? Because I feel like Im in the movies. I feel like Im Harry, as he first experienced this world, so am I. The Harry Potter visual vocabulary is used for maximum emotional impact. Walking through you wander through the streets of Hogsmeade, seeing the snow covered slanted roofs. Getting lost in Diagon Alley, expecting to see Hagrid wandering pass you. Hogswart Castle revealing itself finally, thinking to myself Im late for class. Your emotions are tapped by the recognizable nostalgic environment.

Black Spire fails to inspire, fails to foster affectionate feelings about Star Wars, fails to lift my spirit, void of all emotional power.
Black Spire is an artistic disaster, failing to use its most precious commodity, Star Wars as itself.
Ok, So you are a Harry Potter fan and NOT a Star Wars fan. I see things the exact opposite.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If Disney made Harry Potter town it will be some random wizarding town Voldemort visited once and not Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley. You wouldn't have the castle if Disney was in charge of it.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

"Opening in 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will invite you into a new kind of “storyliving” as you travel the galaxy in a finely appointed starship. So far, many details about this new experience have been as cryptic as a Bothan spy, so it’s exciting to get another peek at what we have in store. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?"

View attachment 573767

• The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is your home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which you’ll get to enjoy during your vacation. (Side note: You can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
  • There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent you, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about your choices and how you live your personal Star Wars stories. Do you want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for you to discover and decide.
  • In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … I bet there’s a story there, too.
  • In the lower left, you see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
  • The image in the lower right is something I’m incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of your experience, you’ll face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
  • Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … I have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
  • And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. I’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …

Why would Chewie be on this star cruiser if he is already on batuu to loan the flacon to hondo, so chewie arrived there by falcon already! This makes no sense. and it still should have had a indoor pool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom