Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just hide me. I’m so sick of this crap.
Sick of what? That no one has the appetite to hold the people accountable for what they did... that is hide a virus from the world in the fall of 2019 and lie about it, which has now led to the deaths of 4 million plus worldwide?

I mean, eventually we could deal with that AND our own failings here in the US....multitasking...

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Sick of what? That no one has the appetite to hold the people accountable for what they did... that is hide a virus from the world in the fall of 2019 and lie about it, which has now led to the deaths of 4 million plus worldwide?

I mean, eventually we could deal with that AND our own failings here in the US....
After all you’ve contributed to this thread since day one, sorry. I don’t know how else to respond to you except that I’m exhausted. Keep pointing fingers instead of trying to mitigate, protect, and get a vaccine. Or just sit there and cry.

LittleBuford

Yes cases are very high in the UK, hospital admissions and deaths are still way, way down on earlier this year. The vaccines are working rather well at preventing people from dying. All my family are vaccinated apart from my nieces and nephew - they have been testing at leasy twice a week since they returned to school and have never tested positive. You all keep saying we should not have gone ahead with freedom day but we cannot stay locked up, unable to do anything for ever so what would you do?? Boris was dammed if he went ahead with freedom day and equally dammed if he didnt. Whatever is done is the wrong decision for different groups of people. Sorry if I am rambling, I am just so ded up with it all.
No-one was "locked up" under the previous restrictions.

Johnson should be acting in the interests of public health rather than bowing to political pressure. Allowing thousands of unvaccinated people to go clubbing is about the least responsible thing that could be happening right now. I don't understand how anyone can defend this nonsense.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Great. But that’s no defense for the peak of stupidity that’s been peddled from the top down. Love Mailer but this is about global survival - economically. Oh yes and death/illness. Also, he said that before social media and the 24-hour news cycle. This is a completely different beast.

Mailer, brilliant though he was, wouldn’t be able to make sense of today’s soup. He just wouldn’t.
This post confuses correlation with causality on a disturbing level.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Efforts are being made to reach those who are marginalized and therefore mistrustful. BUT...that's only one of the things that needs to be done. We're pretending the political aspect doesn't exist and is just going to go away...and that couldn't be further from the truth. Look at Tennessee - the governor just halted vaccine outreach to teens...not just for COVID...for ALL vaccines. How else are those involved in politics sabotaging us?
The last sentence of your post is something you should ask yourself in regards to many, many, many, many, other aspects of our lives as well.

Heppenheimer

My friend who refuses to take the mRNA vaccines because they "modify your DNA" is an otherwise pretty smart person who is not normally a whacko conspiracy theorist. He convinced himself of this fact and I can't change his mind. He was going to get J&J and then his appointment got cancelled from the pause. After that he got uncomfortable with that one also and is currently not vaccinated.
A smart person should also recognize the limits of their knowledge, because it's clear this person doesn't understand one of the fundamental concepts of molecular biology.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I guess that there is a group of us that thinks accountability is a thing. Not sure how to move forward if we aren't able to call out the ongoing and continuing very bad behavior of some groups. I'm all about a kumbaya moment. But I'm pretty sure we are past that in my lifetime.
Is it not extremely selective of you to isolate "accountability" to this single subject? Where is your concern for accountability on countless other variants of bad behavior in our world that cause death and extreme psychological trauma??

How are you able to move forward?

RobbinsDad

Oh I get that and understand, one of our good friends is a Doctor at KU Med, he went over it in depth with us when it was first approved for use. He did admit he was hesitant even looking at the science and history but he did it and as he put it to those of us he talked with, It is 1 better than getting Covid as he has and is front line in seeing it. 2 His opinion agreed with most of the science the benefits far outweigh the negatives. I have family on both sides of the issue. Most are not what I call on the Nutball scale of conspiracy theories, they are taking the wait and see some have got the J&J now. I myself didnt want to risk it, for my or any others around me welfare.
I'm sorry but that's not good enough. Especially from a member of the medical community. We're literally fighting a war against misinformation, and hesitancy by medical professionals, no matter how well-intentioned, is more dangerous than any Tucker Carlson show. I left my GP I have used for decades because he tried to dissuade us from vaccinating our teenagers.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Look man I’m appreciate why your angry over what I said.

I’ll get political screw it.

I saw Tucker Carlson last night and wanted to stab him thru the T.V. for his anti vaccine nonsense.

The man is dangerous and should be removed from the air.

All I’m saying is it’s not helpful when CNN or whoever is blaming everything on trump voters.

We have a huge number of minority’s that are not getting vaccinated.

Putting all the blame on one group of people while looking past the fact that we have work to do in other areas doesn’t help anything.

The more we point fingers the further we grow apart.
Ok, so let’s keep examining what happened in China in 2019 and conspiracy theories instead of doing what’s right in stemming things NOW. I don’t believe in multitasking. Should things be investigated? Yes. But we have people (yes on one side) who spent much of last year pointing fingers at China, while calling distancing and masks ridiculous. Same breath. And from one side.

What do I gain from continuing to point out what has been and is being done in countries around the world, is because I am offended that the narrative is being rewritten. Left and right in any number of countries responded with very clear and defined practices. That’s my argument. This “let’s all get along, both sides are culpable” is crap.

Heppenheimer

I understand his intellectual fears, mRNA is soooo new, there might be a long term consideration and I respect that opinion, Science doesnt and cant know. I even with those fears got Pfizer, because I dont want to get sick or cause anyone else to be sick. J&J was not available in my area at the time of my vaccination. My whole family got Pfizer or Moderna for my wife.
But, we do know, because we've understood the process of how cells transcribe proteins for decades. And we also know that mRNA gets used once, then is immediately degraded into its constiuents parts. The unique sequence that encodes the spike protein ceases to exist after one use. There's nothing any more special about these strands of mRNA than the trillions of others that get transcribed, encoded and degraded daily in the cells of every living organism.

RobbinsDad

Ok, so let’s keep examining what happened in China in 2019 and conspiracy theories instead of doing what’s right in stemming things NOW. I don’t believe in multitasking. Should things be investigated? Yes. But we have people (yes on one side) who spent much of last year pointing fingers at China, while calling distancing and masks ridiculous. Same breath. And from one side.

What do I gain from continuing to point out what has been and is being done in countries around the world, is because I am offended that the narrative is being rewritten. Left and right in any number of countries responded with very clear and defined practices. That’s my argument. This “let’s all get along, both sides are culpable” is crap.
China is culpable. And any American refusing the vaccine at this point is trusting their body's natural ability to fight off a virus that escaped from a Communist country lab vs. taking an American-made vaccine using the most innovative vaccine technology ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom