Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

Why are you assuming that none of them have been vaccinated? Vaccinated can still catch covid.

It's rare. Even Demings admits it: "He said there were 570 new cases in Orange County from Sunday alone and that all of these cases were unvaccinated individuals."

It's not even close. It's a pretty fair assumption to make.

That bit was from:

Trauma

Yup. This is the reality the behavior of the adults has brought.
That’s not even what I mean. If your kid goes to school they have to eat.

I don’t know how to eat with a mask on do you?

It is not possible to have full school hours with masks on 100% of the time.

They are saying it takes just seconds to catch Delta.

What’s going to happen at lunch time?

This is not passing judgement on the kids or their parents.

It’s the reality that humans need to eat.

Trauma

Why are you assuming that none of them have been vaccinated? Vaccinated can still catch covid.
Wow breaking news they can!!!!!

We all know who is in that line, and most of them have not been vaccinated.

You probably know some of them from whatever Facebook group you get your anti vax nonsense from.

LittleBuford

With “leaders” like this, no wonder we’re in such a mess. If he had an ounce of decency in his body he’d resign.

In a WhatsApp message sent on 15 October, shared with the BBC, Mr Johnson appears to have described himself as "slightly rocked by some of the data on Covid fatalities".​

The "median age" for those dying was between 81 and 82 for men and 85 for women, the prime minister allegedly wrote, adding: "That is above life expectancy. So get Covid and Live longer.​

"Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital... and of those virtually all survive. And I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate... There are max 3m in this country aged over 80."​

Wendy Pleakley

The policy in LA is to address the failure of the honour system, not a comment on the efficacy of the vaccine.

Bingo.

That was a common observation here when Florida eliminated masks and other restrictions - not that the science was incorrect but that the guidance failed to take human behaviour into account as well.

The science says unvaccinated people should still be wearing masks. They aren't. That's why Los Angeles had to reintroduce restrictions. Now people are claiming they're rejecting the science even though that is not what is happening at all.

dovetail65

I’m not saying kids will be anti mask. They wi
Bingo.

That was a common observation here when Florida eliminated masks and other restrictions - not that the science was incorrect but that the guidance failed to take human behaviour into account as well.

The science says unvaccinated people should still be wearing masks. They aren't. That's why Los Angeles had to reintroduce restrictions. Now people are claiming they're rejecting the science even though that is not what is happening at all.
Well we tried everything. I think it's time to just go with the vaccination passport.If we can't even pay these people to get vaccinated and we know for a fact that every 3 to 4 people we see out and about should be wearing masks, but they arent, what else it there to do?

Neither political party is going to want to do this and they will never do it together unless 500K people dropped dead overnight, heck we have gov like in Fl making it illegal to even mandate masks, they are nuts. Any areas or city should have the right to do as they wish, but in Florida nope. So we need rely on businesses like bars(watch how many get vaccinated if they can't get their booze), restaurants, movie theaters , theme parks like Disney, hotels food stores and the top 500 corporations to mandate vaccination passports for employee, guests and clients.

What else can we do at this point?

Lilofan

Wow breaking news they can!!!!!

We all know who is in that line, and most of them have not been vaccinated.

You probably know some of them from whatever Facebook group you get your anti vax nonsense from.
Agreed. Waiting in a long line of cars to get tested and already vaccinated, don't think so...

Disney Analyst

With “leaders” like this, no wonder we’re in such a mess. If he had an ounce of decency in his body he’d resign.

In a WhatsApp message sent on 15 October, shared with the BBC, Mr Johnson appears to have described himself as "slightly rocked by some of the data on Covid fatalities".​
The "median age" for those dying was between 81 and 82 for men and 85 for women, the prime minister allegedly wrote, adding: "That is above life expectancy. So get Covid and Live longer.​

"Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital... and of those virtually all survive. And I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate... There are max 3m in this country aged over 80."​

I hope the outrage is swift and he is forced to resign.

The truth it, many of these leaders would throw us all under the bus to protect the economy. Doesn’t matter how many die or what ages are dying.

Bunch of buffoons.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

But can we trust what this habitual lier is telling us ?

DisneyCane

The formula for herd immunity has variables ( such as reproductive rate) that can vary depending on the best estimates and current data. Many, many months ago I linked papers on this.

The efficacy of the current vaccines and those with prior covid will not necessarily be the efficacy of updated vaccines. Though the immunity of specific prior infections may decrease with future mutations.

So the current efficacy of 64% for Pfizer vs Delta may, with a delta specific booster, move back into the 90s. This would then lower the required %vaccinated in order to get herd immunity.
There is no way that the conclusion from the study in Israel is accurate. If the Pfizer vaccine is only 64% effective at preventing infections of Delta it would be impossible for Orange County, FL to have so few infections in vaccinated people. Delta is the dominant variant and it accounts for over half of cases (probably a lot more by now). For fewer than 5% of new cases to be in vaccinated people, the effectiveness against Delta has to be much higher than 64%. Every other study I've seen concluded that it is over 80% effective in preventing infections of Delta and most of them conclude that it is very close to the same effectiveness it has against other variants.

Fauci and the CDC continue to say that this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. If the vaccine effectiveness against Delta was that much lower they would be sounding alarms.

DisneyCane

This is a pointless opinion. Several states have outlawed vaccine passports. They might be able to do one for air travel at the federal level. However, that would be challenged in court. If it was held up, anti-vaxxers would just drive instead of flying. It wouldn't increase vaccinations, it would just hurt airlines.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
There is no way that the conclusion from the study in Israel is accurate. If the Pfizer vaccine is only 64% effective at preventing infections of Delta it would be impossible for Orange County, FL to have so few infections in vaccinated people. Delta is the dominant variant and it accounts for over half of cases (probably a lot more by now). For fewer than 5% of new cases to be in vaccinated people, the effectiveness against Delta has to be much higher than 64%. Every other study I've seen concluded that it is over 80% effective in preventing infections of Delta and most of them conclude that it is very close to the same effectiveness it has against other variants.

Fauci and the CDC continue to say that this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. If the vaccine effectiveness against Delta was that much lower they would be sounding alarms.
I'm scared of this Delta variant now....will this is will ever end soon?

havoc315

This is a pointless opinion. Several states have outlawed vaccine passports. They might be able to do one for air travel at the federal level. However, that would be challenged in court. If it was held up, anti-vaxxers would just drive instead of flying. It wouldn't increase vaccinations, it would just hurt airlines.

Read the article. Of course anti-vax states won’t adopt passports. But pro-vax states would, and even anti-vax people sometimes want to travel to NY, Cal, etc.

And yes, it absolutely would increase vaccinations. Just as it did in France, the moment it was announced.

Might not change hard core anti-vaxers. But those that are truly just “hesitant” would be swayed to line up.

And it would help airlines more than it hurts them. I know many people who won’t fly unless the airlines guarantee everyone on the plane is vaxed.

DisneyCane

Bingo.

They didn't HAVE to reintroduce restrictions. The CDC guidance for the unvaccinated to wear masks is for the purpose of protecting other unvaccinated people. Since everybody has the opportunity to be vaccinated to protect themselves if they choose, no government should be mandating anything to protect people who choose, for whatever reason, not to protect themselves.

I think Australia proves that it is impossible to get rid of COVID through mitigation, testing and contact tracing. The only thing those measures do is "flatten the curve" and slow the pandemic. The only thing that will ever get rid of COVID is herd immunity gained through vaccination, natural infection or a combination of the two.

DisneyDebRob

You aren’t unique in bad terrible people in office spreading lies and misinformation. We all have them. IMO it’s the main reason we can’t get vaccination rates up. Always going to have the percentage of anti that will never get it but the millions on the fence? It’s these people I blame.

Not being political, I’m really not. But people believe in their leaders and do listen.

DisneyCane

Read the article. Of course anti-vax states won’t adopt passports. But pro-vax states would, and even anti-vax people sometimes want to travel to NY, Cal, etc.

And yes, it absolutely would increase vaccinations. Just as it did in France, the moment it was announced.

Might not change hard core anti-vaxers. But those that are truly just “hesitant” would be swayed to line up.

And it would help airlines more than it hurts them. I know many people who won’t fly unless the airlines guarantee everyone on the plane is vaxed.
The political will doesn't seem to exist even in the deep blue states to do it. I also think that doing things to force vaccination may have the opposite of the intended effect and make the resistant become more resistant.

If it was implemented in some states and not others, most of the anti-vax people would just travel to states that didn't implement them and they'd just avoid air travel if it was required for air travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom