The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

The_Jobu

View attachment 572207

Video reveal of the first statue -

I mean, it's nice and all, but doesn't really have anything to do with wdw. Maybe if they only put these in Orlando to make them special instead of every park.

Kamikaze

View attachment 572207

Video reveal of the first statue -

If they don't sell collectibles of these, they are absolutely insane.

G00fyDad

If they don't sell collectibles of these, they are absolutely insane.

It will be another Vinylmation craze.
Animated GIF

Brer Panther

I mean, it's nice and all, but doesn't really have anything to do with wdw. Maybe if they only put these in Orlando to make them special instead of every park.
I thought these were just going to be spread out around the Walt Disney World parks. Now they're gonna be at ALL the Disney theme parks?

Kamikaze

I thought these were just going to be spread out around the Walt Disney World parks. Now they're gonna be at ALL the Disney theme parks?
No, they are going to only the 4 WDW Parks.
During the magical celebration, which begins on Oct. 1, you’ll be able to find these golden character sculptures throughout all four of the Resort’s parks.

aladdin2007

So far it is looking like the most underwhelming 50th celebration ever! Aside from the marketing and promotion junk, there seems to be nothing of substance...
A few new things that were absolutely necessary and our castle painted the color of the landmark castle in another park...

I tend to agree unfortunately, I mean its nice but when I think of the money they spent on these that could have been put into something bigger and better....and I read in one of the other threads (wish I could find it now, maybe it was way back in this one somewhere) they are purposely not going for any nostalgia and ignoring that aspect all together with the park and advertising etc, which really disappoints me, thats what this entire celebration should be about. I guess its just not instagrammable enough like a statue. We don't even get a special 50th exhibit.

Kamikaze

So far it is looking like the most underwhelming 50th celebration ever! Aside from the marketing and promotion junk, there seems to be nothing of substance...
A few new things that were absolutely necessary and our castle painted the color of the landmark castle in another park...
Considering you have exactly one other to weigh it against...

And DL had stagnated prior to its 50th far, far more than MK did. The extent of the 50th at DL was far more necessary than at MK. Not saying that there aren't major issues at MK, but comparing the states of the two at the time, its not even close to saying which one needed the work.

wedenterprises

yeah. makes more sense for a corporate anniversary
ugh. the castle is so ugly.

cheezbat

Considering you have exactly one other to weigh it against...

And DL had stagnated prior to its 50th far, far more than MK did. The extent of the 50th at DL was far more necessary than at MK. Not saying that there aren't major issues at MK, but comparing the states of the two at the time, its not even close to saying which one needed the work.
And now, ever since the 50th, Disneyland has far outshined the Magic Kingdom in upkeep and additions. This was the chance to finally see things added and plussed to MK…and now looks like it’ll all stay the same more or less…no major revamp of Peter Pan…or Pooh…or Small World…or Speedway…or Big Thunder…or Space Mountain.

MrPromey

It’s the highest rated attraction at WDW based on the user reviews at AllEars.

Also possibly the worst ever conceived by Disney for crowd control since there is really only one general place to view this now and way too many people being packed into that space.

I'm sure that'll just be the trend with the castle shows going forward, though.*

The only thing missing is Jiminy Cricket...
f833530a01d8f8ecf9031cd853c6daa2.gif

Well, that and better crowd management for the show.

*Thought that all that time we spent dealing with the torn up hub was in large part, to alleviate the crowd control issues during the previous show that, without projections, could still be enjoyed in may other parts of the park. Then came HEA and newly reserved desert party space and they actually managed to gobble up all that extra room they created and make things worse. SMH

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Also possibly the worst ever conceived by Disney for crowd control since there is really only one general place to view this now and way too many people being packed into that space.

I'm sure that'll just be the trend with the castle shows going forward, though.*

Well, that and better crowd management for the show.

*Thought that all that time we spent dealing with the torn up hub was in large part, to alleviate the crowd control issues during the previous show that, without projections, could still be enjoyed in may other parts of the park. Then came HEA and newly reserved desert party space and they actually managed to gobble up all that extra room they created and make things worse. SMH
There are lots of ways to execute HEA better than it’s being executed from a crowd perspective, but they would all require money and retooling major elements of the show. Hopefully future shows learn from HEA and make some changes (it seems the one for the 50th takes a small step in that direction)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
What do you think is the best way?
The best? I dunno.

But imagine if the fireworks were supplemented by projections not in 1 location but in 3. And the projection shows were totally different and tailored to different audiences, but all fit with with the same fireworks and music. Maybe on Beast’s castle, maybe Space Mountain, could be done a few places. People would of course *need* to see all three, and would inevitably spread around the park.

ppete1975

you know 50 is alot... maybe we get characters with no representation like walle, fox and the hound or even a nod to buzz.. i assume if you have a ride youre safe... like due to muppets 3d there will be muppets..
but are they going to stay to classic disney? I almost think it would be best to not have any of the purchasd ips and stick to to classic disney, classic epcot and maybe some pixar.

Will these be staying? IF not i think a garden with hedge maze with these sprinkled naturally around would be cool... and not replacing anything a new addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom