Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

Please don't make this political (the barb at The Guardian is unnecessary, especially since, as you yourself acknowledged, the last links I shared are from the BBC).

My knowledge of the situation isn't based solely on the news. I speak with my family in London every day, and they share my perspective.

The messaging from the UK government has been hopelessly mixed and inconsistent from the outset, with this latest announcement being just another example. I hope for everyone's sake that I'm worrying for nothing.
Apologies for the “political” reference to the Guardian. I also apologise for not realising that you would be talking to your family regularly- that I should have worked out and hope that your Father is still making progress, which is far more important than any political difference we may have!
I still disagree that the government messaging has been hopeless- especially when compared to the USA! Agreed things could have been better, could have been worse too and we’ll probably never know for certain which but will have differing opinions!
I guess we’re at different ends of the political scale as well as different ends of the country but in complete agreement in hoping that cases, hospitalisations and deaths are kept to a minimum here in the U.K. and in the USA and that eventually everything will return to normal sooner rather than later!

SamusAranX

willtravel

Vaccine adoption in the lingering remnants is about to take another hit.

It's rare, but of course, you know how paranoia works....sigh.
Ya know that is easy for you to say if it doesn't happen to you, loved one or a friend.

Last edited:

SamusAranX

Ya know that is easy for you to say if it doesn't happen you, loved one or a friend.
No one is discounting that, but again, it's a rare side effect.

We have been very fond of describing a risk/reward scenario endless times in this thread. The risk is minuscule.

I find it astounding that the same people who will refuse the vaccine because of rare effects are probably the same people who who won't mask, won't social distance, avoid large groups, etc. yet all the sudden have become "concerned" about theirs and their families health and safety.

ImperfectPixie

I find it astounding that the same people who will refuse the vaccine because of rare effects are probably the same people who who won't mask, won't social distance, avoid large groups, etc. yet all the sudden have become "concerned" about theirs and their families safety.
You took the words out of my mouth. The word "rare" has been used against those of us advising caution since the get-go whenever we expressed concerns...including those about children who can't be vaccinated yet.

willtravel

We have been very fond of describing a risk/reward scenario endless times in this thread. The risk is minuscule.

I find it astounding that the same people who will refuse the vaccine because of rare effects are probably the same people who who won't mask, won't social distance, avoid large groups, etc. yet all the sudden have become "concerned" about theirs and their families health and safety.
I received my two doses of Pfizer. And I will not be in a hurry to get another for a while even if I need to because I want to see what happens no matter what science says right now. Again it may be minuscule to you but not to others. I know of people who did not get shots but are masking, are social distance, and are avoiding large groups, etc. Not everyone is an .

Last edited:

lisa12000

There is no such requirement, just advice:

It's all one big honour system, and I have no reason to believe that people will respect it, especially given British drinking culture, which promotes abysmal behaviour at the best of times.
But it was said that if risks weren’t reduced they could be mandated

correcaminos

I received my two doses of Pfizer. And I will not be in a hurry to get another for a while even if I need to because I want to see what happens no matter what science says right now. Again it may be minuscule to you but not to others. I know of people who did not get shots but are masking, are social distance, and are avoiding large groups, etc. Not everyone one is an ****.
What do you need to see?

I know more who are masking vaccinated than unvaccinated. I'd imagine many of us do. I see nearly no kids masked for example.

I've had a friend who had GBS with no seeming ties to why they got it. I also know a kid who got it after a different vaccine. It's rare and acting like vaccines are evil and this is common is a bit much.

Should I avoid dentists due to lingering nerve damage? I mean I'm pretty sure that's less rare than GBS...

LittleBuford

Apologies for the “political” reference to the Guardian. I also apologise for not realising that you would be talking to your family regularly- that I should have worked out and hope that your Father is still making progress, which is far more important than any political difference we may have!
I still disagree that the government messaging has been hopeless- especially when compared to the USA! Agreed things could have been better, could have been worse too and we’ll probably never know for certain which but will have differing opinions!
I guess we’re at different ends of the political scale as well as different ends of the country but in complete agreement in hoping that cases, hospitalisations and deaths are kept to a minimum here in the U.K. and in the USA and that eventually everything will return to normal sooner rather than later!
Thanks for your kind words, and not to worry. As I said, I hope I'm being unduly pessimistic.

ImperfectPixie

What do you need to see?

I know more who are masking vaccinated than unvaccinated. I'd imagine many of us do. I see nearly no kids masked for example.

I've had a friend who had GBS with no seeming ties to why they got it. I also know a kid who got it after a different vaccine. It's rare and acting like vaccines are evil and this is common is a bit much.

Should I avoid dentists due to lingering nerve damage? I mean I'm pretty sure that's less rare than GBS...
GBS can also come along with Lyme Disease. That's how my BIL got it. Fortunately for him, the effects were only temporary.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The current 14-day rolling positivity rate for Orange County is 7.78% via Mayor Demings -

Demings has announced that Orange County is now asking all residents, vaccinated and unvaccinated, to return to wearing masks indoors in crowded settings. He also notes that Orange County is now considered in the high risk category for community transmission by the CDC.

Here is the vaccine status for OC -

E6H4_JNWEAA_Tun.jpeg

Last edited:

correcaminos

GBS can also come along with Lyme Disease. That's how my BIL got it. Fortunately for him, the effects were only temporary.
For the one friend I am not sure they ever found out the cause. Was hospitalized and scary actually, but totally fine now. Kid was fine and after a few weeks back to normal at least. I actually find it strange I know two legit people who had it now that I'm thinking of it. Decades apart, but still.

correcaminos

The current 14-day rolling positivity rate for Orange County is 7.78% via Mayor Demings -

Demings has announced that Orange County is now asking all residents, vaccinated and unvaccinated, to return to wearing masks indoors in crowded settings. He also notes that Orange County is now considered in the high risk category for community transmission by the CDC.

Here is the vaccine status for OC -

View attachment 571853
Glad we went to Disney when we did tbh

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
What was not posted was that all Demings can do is issue a recommendation. He has no legal authority to enforce any mandatory masking requirements.

Disney isn't going to roll anything back. They're pot committed to moving forward.

Just get vaccinated.

Mark52479

What was not posted was that all Demings can do is issue a recommendation. He has no legal authority to enforce any mandatory masking requirements.

Disney isn't going to roll anything back. They're pot committed to moving forward.

Just get vaccinated.
Yeah agreed on this.

Disney is too committed. I HIGHLY doubt you will see any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom