Why do they not use the same ride systems within resorts?

ppete1975

I keep saying The Studios need a water ride and the Indy arena is the perfect fit for it to be themed to an Indy Temple Shoot the Chutes ride..
GoldenExhaustedArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif
this brings up a question ive always wondered... outside of splash and kali, i feel disney tries to avoid guests getting soaked (maybe complaints?) concerns that guests dont like to walk around with wet clothes and shoes? does disney try to avoid soaking rides?

of course florida likes to soak people unexpectedly so not sure why its a big deal

Cmdr_Crimson

this brings up a question ive always wondered... outside of splash and kali, i feel disney tries to avoid guests getting soaked (maybe complaints?) concerns that guests dont like to walk around with wet clothes and shoes? does disney try to avoid soaking rides?

of course florida likes to soak people unexpectedly so not sure why its a big deal
You get pretty soaked on Kali..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
we would complain if more rides used the same system, "sheesh everything at disney is now XXXXX" "how original another XXXXX"

of course we complain regardless so meh
People even complain about the overuse of a ride feature even when it's not actually overused, e.g., SCREENZ!!!.

Actually, very few rides are "screenz" at WDW. The ones that are screens are very good rides... Nemo being the exception.

People conflate UO's overuse of screens with WDW.

lazyboy97o

Star Tours at DHS and Body Wars in Epcot opened within a few months of each other. If that happened today the internet would have lost it's mind.
Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opened within months of each other in the same park and Ratatouille (a third LPS ride) was scheduled to open shortly after.

Heppenheimer

Since Disney parks are intended to operate year round, does it get cool enough during Florida's winters that getting wet might cause an uncomfortable experience for guests? I once made the mistake of riding Splash Mountain at Disneyland in March.

mharrington

Original Poster
One reason I brought this topic up, in particular the idea of replicating whip rides and river rapids within resorts, is that I like to do armchair Imagineering on the Imagineer forum. However, unlike a lot of other armchair Imagineers, I like to try to ground my ideas in reality as much as possible, try and be like a real Imagineer, and not just be blue sky. That means looking at real parks and not try to cannibalize them too much. There are many things I would like to do with the parks, but it's no fun coming up with ideas and then have logistics get in the way. Therefore, I like to try and work logistics in now so they won't be an issue later.

UNCgolf

People even complain about the overuse of a ride feature even when it's not actually overused, e.g., SCREENZ!!!.

Actually, very few rides are "screenz" at WDW. The ones that are screens are very good rides... Nemo being the exception.

People conflate UO's overuse of screens with WDW.

People hate Na'vi River Journey; don't forget that one! Even though the screens are a small part of the attraction and are actually used exactly the way screens should be used on most rides -- as a minor complement to physical sets and props instead of the main focus.

The only WDW ride that relies heavily on screens that I actually dislike is Toy Story Mania (well, and Nemo). Soarin' and Star Tours aren't my favorite, but they're solid. Flight of Passage is very good, although I'm not quite as high on it as other people. I don't think Ratatouille looks like a very good ride, but it doesn't look bad.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I don't get your complaint or point? Are you upset there are not enough rides that use the same systems or too many that do? I ask because you said at first there wasn't enough then list like more than enough that do share the same ride system. I am confused by our tactics.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Kind of hard to answer the question when you arbitrarily choose to ignore the instances where the same ride system is used. The two most recent rides, which are in the same park, and next ride to open are all the same ride system.
Yeah…I was confused?

so omnimovers, trackless, Junior coasters and 3D theaters with wind and water effects don’t qualify?

mharrington

Original Poster
I don't get your complaint or point? Are you upset there are not enough rides that use the same systems or too many that do? I ask because you said at first there wasn't enough then list like more than enough that do share the same ride system. I am confused by our tactics.

I actually was wondering why there weren't more whip rides or river rapids rides within the same resort. As it stands, both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts have one of each.

Cmdr_Crimson

I actually was wondering why there weren't more whip rides or river rapids rides within the same resort. As it stands, both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts have one of each.
I think Tony Goldmark explained it best when he explained about Paradise (Pixar) Pier with it's rides..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom