Why do they not use the same ride systems within resorts?

Jrb1979

This is interesting…actually asking for them to make copies of rides that become repetitive…

they went from no trackless…to killing it in wdw in 5 years flat…

do we want some more spinners now, too?
Why not make copies of the same ride? Not to be rude, after going to the amount of parks that I have been to, GP that go to parks aren't the brightest.

As far as Imagineering goes, while I am impressed with what they do with theming, I'm not impressed with how little they push boundaries. I look at Coaster manufacturers, and they are constantly creating new ride systems and push the limits.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why not make copies of the same ride? Not to be rude, after going to the amount of parks that I have been to, GP that go to parks aren't the brightest.

As far as Imagineering goes, while I am impressed with what they do with theming, I'm not impressed with how little they push boundaries. I look at Coaster manufacturers, and they are constantly creating new ride systems and push the limits.
I don’t disagree with you…

I just felt like the original premise of this was more of the same…which is kinda stale considering Disney hasn’t really attempted to do too much of interest in the last 20 years in the US…on the whole. A few exceptions

Goofyernmost

I’ve always thought flipping the seats to facing outward on a raft ride would be the next evolutionary step of raft rides….then you’d be able to see everything going on around you so much better….I wonder…
I know I wouldn't really look forward to getting a mouthful of that chemically charged water. It's bad enough having it splash over the back of you. The key to not being on the lowside of the raft drops is to sit opposite of a heavier person. The raft tends to spin to the heaviest spot on the way down the drop. Face them directly in front on the other side and you will have a good time and still not have to spend the rest of the day with your shoes squishing and your clothes dripping.

OG Runner

I am thinking you will really like the Guardians Coaster once it is completed. It is supposed to the largest indoor coaster with a number of interesting additions. The cars will move and rotate at the same times, as well as travel through different projection areas for a wholly new experience.

Goofyernmost

I am thinking you will really like the Guardians Coaster once it is completed. It is supposed to the largest indoor coaster with a number of interesting additions. The cars will move and rotate at the same times, as well as travel through different projection areas for a wholly new experience.
Just as long as you travel with a Brinks Armored Car filled with cash. By the time they get it finished and opened it will be an extra $100.00 per person to ride it. Remember that from this point on WDW will just be open to people with either a lot of cash or an extensive line of credit on their Credit Cards.

Jrb1979

Maybe. Judging from the track layout it remind me a lot of Gringotts. Now if they put Time Traveler from Silver Dollar city in its place I would be very impressed. A spinning coaster with multiple inversions and a 90 degree drop with only a lap bar.

Attachments

• time-traveler-drop-2-1.jpg
    time-traveler-drop-2-1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 28

OG Runner

Just as long as you travel with a Brinks Armored Car filled with cash. By the time they get it finished and opened it will be an extra $100.00 per person to ride it. Remember that from this point on WDW will just be open to people with either a lot of cash or an extensive line of credit on their Credit Cards.

Seems to be the way of the theme park now. I had friends traveling to Universal this Summer. On the day they were there the charge for an Express Pass was $600.00.

Mstr Gra-c

This entire thread is based on a very perplexing premise. So...you want them to have MORE duplicate ride systems within the SAME park?! Wouldn't that be really boring?
I mean we could get into things like: ride technology being very heavily based on the technology of the time and how different design teams might want to utilize different ride systems...but...I mean...really?!

Goofyernmost

Seems to be the way of the theme park now. I had friends traveling to Universal this Summer. On the day they were there the charge for an Express Pass was $600.00.
I'm having a hard time not feeling that was some kind of misunderstanding. Even Disney doesn't have the "b***" to charge that much for a park that has a bigger demand then Universal, even now. It just seems like to much to not have another explanation. I'm not saying anyone lied, but I do feel that some wires got crossed there. My recollection of their Express Pass was $60.00 but that was for a Pass for every single ride one time with no time assignments. That was in Sept. 2019. Either that or there is a whole lot more to that story.

UNCgolf

I'm having a hard time not feeling that was some kind of misunderstanding. Even Disney doesn't have the "b***" to charge that much for a park that has a bigger demand then Universal, even now. It just seems like to much to not have another explanation. I'm not saying anyone lied, but I do feel that some wires got crossed there. My recollection of their Express Pass was $60.00 but that was for a Pass for every single ride one time with no time assignments. That was in Sept. 2019. Either that or there is a whole lot more to that story.

$600 seems high, but I'm pretty sure they do charge $200-300 if you're trying to buy one last minute -- it's cheaper if you buy in advance. It's a much more valuable service than anything Disney offers so it makes sense the price is much higher.

Goofyernmost

$600 seems high, but I'm pretty sure they do charge $200-300 if you're trying to buy one last minute -- it's cheaper if you buy in advance. It's a much more valuable service than anything Disney offers so it makes sense the price is much higher.
Quite possible I suppose. I have never seen it higher then the $60, but I don't get there everyday. Maybe it was $600.00 for the family.

OG Runner

Sorry first hand knowledge. The more people that want Express Pass they increase the cost. $89.00 is the normal price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry first hand knowledge. The more people that want Express Pass they increase the cost. $89.00 is the normal price.
Difference being is universal is not using micro transactions.

nobody wants to “swallow” the upfront costs…
…Probably slightly less than “how much does this cost” at multiple points during the day

mharrington

Original Poster
One reason I brought up this thread to begin with is because I was pondering using the whip ride system for a Pinocchio ride at the Magic Kingdom (likely themed to Monstro), but the Studios is already home to the alien ride which is the same thing, and I don't want to just duplicate it across multiple parks within the same resort without making it somewhat different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom