Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

I guess... Seems like kind of a hard sell with how limited the hours are during that time. If the current discounts prove anything it's that full price ticket purchases are losing steam during the busy season. I have to wonder how many legacy APs will pass on this offer in hopes the membership is around the corner. Especially without fastpass around and capacity increasing, even the discounted tickets feel a little dubious to me. If they pack the parks to capacity with discount tickets, it wouldn't be worth it in my mind.

aaronml

Also Disneyland Paris announced a Pay Fastpass plan so expect that here before too long probably.
Yup….. farewell FASTPASS / MaxPass, hello Disney Premier Access…

I wonder though what they’ll do for Fantasmic and WoC, which have historically leveraged FP. If you end up having to pay extra just to watch WoC or Fantasmic that would really add insult to injury.

fctiger

Must be used before September 30th.

AP's coming back Oct 1st, my dudes.

Not sure about that soon but wouldn't be shocked it was sometime by the end of the year. September is going to be a ghost town and they know it, hence why the passes are good through the end of September. They may figure the Halloween stuff will bring people back in October and Christmas after that.

But again who knows?

If the summer is already losing steam after the parks have been closed for over a full yea, then yeah even the holiday season may be pretty softer or softer than usual. So it could happen sooner too.

People have to stop pretending these parks are going to be super busy all year, not when it's $100+ a day and heavy competition. Both USH and KBF are cleaning up right now thanks to Disney not having APs. It's no way Disney is going to keep losing all those guests to their rivals for that much longer.

mickEblu

Not sure about that soon but wouldn't be shocked it was sometime by the end of the year. September is going to be a ghost town and they know it, hence why the passes are good through the end of September. They may figure the Halloween stuff will bring people back in October and Christmas after that.

But again who knows?

If the summer is already losing steam after the parks have been closed for over a full yea, then yeah even the holiday season may be pretty softer or softer than usual. So it could happen sooner too.

People have to stop pretending these parks are going to be super busy all year, not when it's $100+ a day and heavy competition. Both USH and KBF are cleaning up right now thanks to Disney not having APs. It's no way Disney is going to keep losing all those guests to their rivals for that much longer.

I have a USH pass for the first time in years.

truecoat

Many people weren't going to wait for Disneyland to plan vacations for the summer and moved on to other things. In May, it was Cali residents only, reservation system, no parades, no fireworks, no fantasmic, no WOC, half the restaurants closed, mobile order problems etc etc. Why would anyone want to book a Disneyland vacation from out of state?

el_super

Many people weren't going to wait for Disneyland to plan vacations for the summer and moved on to other things. In May, it was Cali residents only, reservation system, no parades, no fireworks, no fantasmic, no WOC, half the restaurants closed, mobile order problems etc etc. Why would anyone want to book a Disneyland vacation from out of state?

I'm sure out of state visitations are still pretty low (they take time to plan and a lot of people are still scared off traveling). International visitation is still non existent right? Even if local/domestic visitation had completely rebounded, there's still a LOT of capacity to play with.

They've had discounting in the late summer for a few years now I think... almost always ending around Oct 1st. It's weird (to me at least) that kids start going back to school in August, instead of Labor Day, but it's not all that new.

Rather than thinking that APs are coming back in October, my thought would be that something big is being planned for Oct (Halloween Time? Fantasmic?) that they think they can sell at the full-price.

They just need to cover the gap between back to school and Oct 1st.

drizgirl

I had money set aside to go as soon as they opened. Then they pulled that "no out of state" garbage and I moved on to other plans.

Tamandua

Update from WUL50 -

"Recall Update July 7th

Recall waves will continue over the next few weeks across all scheduling groups. The amount of recalls taking place are expected to bring everyone back from furlough and layoff between now and the week ending August 28th."
That's cool. I'm more excited about the other recall though 😁

MarvelCharacterNerd

Watched fireworks while waiting in line for a bus back to Toy Story lot. Conclusion after standing there waiting on the concrete for 15 minutes or so, then being packed inside like sardines for the ride back (though it made me nostalgic for WDW lol) - don't think it actually saved me much physical wear and tear after the extra standing by the time I walked back to my car in the far end of the lot vs. the long painful walk to and from the parking structure. Therefore... THEY NEED TO GET THE TRAMS RUNNING AGAIN!!!

Just sayin'... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom