The General Gardening Thread

Willmark

Original Poster
We’ve been diligently watering at farmer Willmark’s and some things have sprouted. Expecting by next weekend the “lay of the land” will tell us what worked and didn’t.

Hopefully next weekend the potatoes and zucchini get planted in a smaller garden patch behind the shed.

Strawberries, black berries and apple trees are all doing really well.

Willmark

Original Poster
Garden is still slowly starting to sprout. Some things are doing well, others not so much so not much to show right now.

I did get the secondary garden for the potatoes planted yesterday. Had enough space so I added more zucchini.

Birds are snacking on my strawberries 🤬I have a plastic owl on order to shoo them away.

Willmark

Original Poster
So this year is going much slower than last year, warm then cold the scorching weather with lots of rain.

Everything is finally sprouting except the corn and onions, albeit very slowly.

I put the wood based projects on hold this year due to the costs of wood.

As you can see I have a plastic owl to shoo the birds away from the strawberry barrels. I move him him every day or so.

Also added a secondary garden behind the shed for potatoes and zucchini.
833F5D80-1A14-4243-9B47-86D618665328.jpeg 4A241581-B693-429E-8F36-3A4CC9CEE205.jpegDF7BAFFE-DC33-4F9E-A7C2-27ECE67DDF7C.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So this year is going much slower than last year, warm then cold the scorching weather with lots of rain.

Everything is finally sprouting except the corn and onions, albeit very slowly.

I put the wood based projects on hold this year due to the costs of wood.

As you can see I have a plastic owl to shoo the birds away from the strawberry barrels. I move him him every day or so.

Also added a secondary garden behind the shed for potatoes and zucchini.
View attachment 566768 View attachment 566766View attachment 566767
Your garden photos are very nice. And nothing wrong with a later harvest this year -- it will be something to look forward to! :hungry: :)

By the way, your owl needs an identity, so I just named him Fred, for you! :joyfull:

John park hopper

Today picked green beans, cucumbers, more tomatoes (wife says no more she has been canning tomatoes for the past week and has had enough), eggplant (having fried eggplant and fried wahoo for supper), picked blueberries yesterday but not much this year, picked the last of the sweet corn.

Willmark

Original Poster
Everything is a bit behind, well everything except my potatoes. Even my kale is off to a slower than usual start. This hot cold, hot , cold is screwing with everything
We’re in the same zone. Everything is a bit “off” this year as it were.

Willmark

Original Poster
Everything is a bit behind, well everything except my potatoes. Even my kale is off to a slower than usual start. This hot cold, hot , cold is screwing with everything
Additionally- I agree 100% it’s a strange year weather wise up here.

Willmark

Original Poster
The pumpkin patch crapped out so not one to take it lightly I’m repurposing the back garden area behind the fence.

Since Mrs Willmark is the Disney fan, the garden will have its own lands:

- Vegetable Village
- Bee Meadows
- Apple Tree Grove
- Flower Town

(In Disney hype voice):

“And coming in 2022, STRAWBERRY FALLS!!!”
(Aka the water garden near the existing strawberry barrels.)

Last edited:

Willmark

Original Poster
Vegetable garden is still slowly growing. Secondary garden with the potatoes and zucchini are doing well.

This post is about the new bee garden, all planted and sit back and wait. I thought… it might take a while for some to show up- turns out I didn’t have to wait long for the first visitor.
339F899F-7AF6-45E4-BA37-8537F26260C1.jpeg159DA769-9A30-43CD-8CD6-D09A87F32439.jpeg
FFC46D9F-88C2-4C59-9CB0-79A09E4F749F.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom