Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Seasonal Events

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Disney's Magical Express

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

rreading

Original Poster
I expect that there is no one thing so I am allowing the top three answers in this poll.

This question was inspired by a comment by @marni1971 yesterday that his desire to return to the parks is diminishing as time goes on. For my wife, she's been there/done that and doesn't feel the need to return; for my parents, children and myself, we continue to enjoy returning for a few days once or twice a year.

For me, I believe that it's more the resort as a whole but the Cast Members are integral to the experience. Everything adds to the complete experience making the whole more than a sum of its parts, but heading into WDW and knowing that we're headed to the hotel is what makes me happy. (I added DME to the list at the end, as I really do think that over the last decade traveling with babies growing into teens, it's really make the experience a seamless one for us...it's not necessary for us anymore, but I'll miss it)

So why do you keep coming back?

belledream

I voted Parks, Resorts, Family Tradition. Through all the changes, both in the World and my life, nothing will ever replace the sense of belonging I feel at WDW. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about how much I love the ambiance of so many places in WDW and wish I could be there with my family.

TokyoMiki

I'm going with Disney Magical Express.

The coolest thing EVER to experience.

The rides, shows, park sights, resorts and foods just doesn't get me excited for nothing. Who needs parades, fireworks and Flight of Passage and cool cast to chat with when there is DME!

rreading

Original Poster
I'm going with Disney Magical Express.

The coolest thing EVER to experience.

The rides, shows, park sights, resorts and foods just doesn't get me excited for nothing. Who needs parades, fireworks and Flight of Passage and cool cast to chat with when there is DME!

I assume you do not have children?

While I enjoy FOP, it’s definitely not the main reason that I travel to WDW (nor is DME) but I’ll probably miss DME more than I would miss not riding FOP on my next trip. One is easy. One - while fun - involves scoring a difficult FP or a long wait or rope drop.

ArmoredRodent

Reasons vary over time. I still remember my first time in WDW in 1983 (I've been going to DL since the 50's): drove in from Tampa in the early morning, and as I entered the long drive to MK, fog rolled in and covered everything. Things just appeared out of the mist and it was magical, like entering another world! So as a young adult, it was excitement and magic.

Later, as a parent, we would fly down without reservations, trusting that we would get some last-minute accommodations (and got some very good ones as a result; there used to be a whole last-minute department by the Car Care Center). But it was the kids' interests that drove the visits. Or not; a particularly stark memory is saying: "Let's go to the parks," and hearing "we want to watch TV."

An an "empty nester," it was memories more than anything else, and usually a "mission." I used to trip-report a "best burger in the World" contest, and that went on for quite a while. Then I got into Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (an interactive game that involved showing playing cards in combinations to fight villains to help "save" MK), which meant I would go every day for a week just to level up that game, which died last January.

Now, it's more people-watching, the way my father did way back when, and seeing the few new attractions. We tour slower, don't go on the same rides, and just enjoy the experience.

I voted for three options but the one main reason I go back every year was not listed. I am 67, turning 68 in 3 months. My wife and I go back every year to retrieve our youth. Where else in this world can you go to forget all the hate, the problems, the controversies that we see every day on tv, in the paper, on the radio? When we are at WDW, we dance in the street, we hug the characters, we turn off the phone, we leave the computer at home, we sing Disney songs on the bus; in lines for the rides; laying by the pool. In other words, we become kids again. I am 67 and when I go to WDW I turn back to a 10 year old. Now that's what I call MAGIC.

Pepper's Ghost

I expect that there is no one thing so I am allowing the top three answers in this poll.

This question was inspired by a comment by @marni1971 yesterday that his desire to return to the parks is diminishing as time goes on. For my wife, she's been there/done that and doesn't feel the need to return; for my parents, children and myself, we continue to enjoy returning for a few days once or twice a year.

For me, I believe that it's more the resort as a whole but the Cast Members are integral to the experience. Everything adds to the complete experience making the whole more than a sum of its parts, but heading into WDW and knowing that we're headed to the hotel is what makes me happy. (I added DME to the list at the end, as I really do think that over the last decade traveling with babies growing into teens, it's really make the experience a seamless one for us...it's not necessary for us anymore, but I'll miss it)

So why do you keep coming back?
Mine were rides, parks, and shows. And when I say rides, I specifically mean Rock 'n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Something-or-other. :rolleyes:
I assume you do not have children?

While I enjoy FOP, it’s definitely not the main reason that I travel to WDW (nor is DME) but I’ll probably miss DME more than I would miss not riding FOP on my next trip. One is easy. One - while fun - involves scoring a difficult FP or a long wait or rope drop.
I could be wrong, but I sense @TokyoMiki was joking. I was going to comment on DME as well. I mean, aside from DME literally bringing many back to the parks, it doesn't strike me as a reason to return. It's like saying that the transportation to the parks is the reason to return to WDW. Don't get me wrong, I like DME, but it's not a reason to go to WDW.

eliza61nyc

For us it's the combination of the parks, rides and resorts.
It continues to be our happy place and have never felt it was not worth the money.
Our next trip is this September, I'll see if we feel the same after this one

rreading

Original Poster
I could be wrong, but I sense @TokyoMiki was joking. I was going to comment on DME as well. I mean, aside from DME literally bringing many back to the parks, it doesn't strike me as a reason to return. It's like saying that the transportation to the parks is the reason to return to WDW. Don't get me wrong, I like DME, but it's not a reason to go to WDW.
I was really *mostly* joking about including it. Same as Pteranodon (so?) Flyers was included in the poll on the best AK ride 😉

And I do realize that Tokyo was being snarky

But it extended the WDW bubble to MCO. Really even on boarding our flight to MCO our trip was in motion and I could relax and just enjoy the ride. Sure you can pay someone to help, but even that is not nearly so seamless. Maybe it’s not the biggest thing but…better than Pteranodon Flyers

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom