News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Still no update of fireworks on the calendar. Will happily be a showing at 9 and 11 or did they do away with the 2 shows a night?
Only one show per night and it’s usually at park closing. During the summer months it starts around 9:15pm. Park closes at that time or at 10pm so people can try and get on one more ride before it closes.

mattpeto

There has been talk about a new possibly temporary show coming for the 50th, but it hasn't been confirmed.

I don't remember them ever having 2 shows a night
I thought the temporary anniversary planned prior to the pandemic was shelved.

I’m expecting HEA with a 50th tag and the Beacons of Lights starting 10/1.

Mickey2021

I'm so happy I could cry! And extra happy I took a gamble and extended our stay one night to be in MK July 1st- thanks to this board for the insight! 🥰
I'm right there with you! I am taking my parents to WDW now that I am an adult. They would never be able to afford to go. I extended their stay by one day and I am so glad I did. Now they will have their last night with a memory of HEA! Does't get much better than that! So awesome!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In the past:

Party Nights (MNSSHP & MVMCP)
  • Day guests: no fireworks
  • Party guests: special holiday fireworks

Disney After Hours (DAH)
  • Day guests: Watch the regular fireworks (HEA) and leave.
  • After Hours guests: Show up early in the grace window before DAH begins to watch fireworks (HEA), then enjoy an 'empty' park afterwards.

Last edited:
EPCOT Forever will be at 10pm, and Happily Ever After at 9:15pm for July 2021.
Will be on the lookout for this weeks HEA timings and see how they coincide with Boo Bash: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2021-08-08/

As noted before in this thread, some previous After Hours events at MK in 2017, 18 and 19 had the park close time, HEA AND the start of the After Hour event begin at the same time. Will be interesting to see if they choose to do the same with Boo Bash events.

phillip9698

That’s exactly what they have always done for DAH events. This isn’t new.

I never went to a DAH event but went to a couple MNSSHP, was DAH as crowded as the Halloween parties? The parties could get PACKED! Are we expecting these Boo events to have crowds more in line with DAH than MNSSHP?

havoc315

I never went to a DAH event but went to a couple MNSSHP, was DAH as crowded as the Halloween parties? The parties could get PACKED! Are we expecting these Boo events to have crowds more in line with DAH than MNSSHP?

DAH has about 1/5th the attendance of the MNSSHP parties. The quick sellouts is pretty solid evidence that they have tightly capped the attendance.

sullyinMT

I'm so happy for all of you! We are a one firework show per trip kind of family, more early risers and early(ish) to bed. But, what this means for other "normal" around WDW and Orlando is so refreshing! The symbolism of MK fireworks is such a wonderful moment we should all be grateful to receive. I'm also really glad they are allowing MK guests of all types to enjoy HEA during October, and not messing with scheduling MNSSHP during a landmark anniversary year.

Once staffing picks up, I'm hoping next for PO resort complex and parcel/shopping resort delivery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom