FastPass

Pepper's Ghost

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF by Mickey Mouse

Some of us are more technically inclined and enjoy using a cellphone. I can actually do two things at once. Just because I am on my phone it does not mean I am not listening to you. We also have no problem telling the person that does not like it that they are free to leave. I have done that very thing before. ;)
I'm sure they were happy to leave. I just don't understand such a strong attachment to a device. But like I said above. Enjoy! 🤣

G00fyDad

I'm sure they were happy to leave. I just don't understand such a strong attachment to a device. But like I said above. Enjoy! 🤣
They were and that is fine. Someone that wants to control me and dictate how I do things is not someone I want to carry a conversation with anyway. I have had those same types of people get snappy with me over not staring into their eyes while they are talking. :facepalm:

And most everything I do in my life from work to banking to shopping is done on that device.

Dreaming of Disney World

Mozel tov! Enjoy playing phone games in the parks rather than enjoying the people you're with. 😁 When I'm out with someone who is rudely paying more attention to their phone, I have no problem telling them that if they'd rather be doing something else, or be with someone else, no problem. That's not a person I'd want to waste my time with anyway. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the occasional checking the phone for a message/email, you got a call, or even you want to google something pertinent to the conversation we're having. No issue with any of those things, but checking FB or other non-time sensitive things... I have better stuff to do if that's your priority.

I simply don't understand why people would rather be on their phone hitting refresh, or playing a game while you're with the ones you love. Or maybe some people just don't have strong attachment to the people they hang out with, or are related to. On my deathbed, or that of my loved ones, my only regret will be not having spent even more time with them than I do without being distracted by electronics. I prefer a conversation to spending hours all day long on my phone ignoring people I love who are right in front of me.

Now, I can predict some will say or think they can multi-task, but let's be honest. We all know someone, even if we won't admit we do it ourselves, who pretends to be listening to what others say, but are truly just too distracted. As long as you're fidgeting with your phone, you're not truly paying attention to those around you. It's a simple fact proven by medical science which is why phones are banned from use while driving.

Well said! Exactly what I think too. I know many don't agree, but I'm entitled to my opinion. 😁
Well considering that I spend my entire day with my family every day i have no problem spending 1-10 minutes throughout the day to get a fast pass. We get to spend more time having fun and less time being bored and listening to our kids be whiny in line. They get to have fun all day. And it's not like we're ignoring them while getting fast passes. We do it while walking or having a snack. My family doesn't need my attention on them every minute of the day.

Pepper's Ghost

They were and that is fine. Someone that wants to control me and dictate how I do things is not someone I want to carry a conversation with anyway. I have had those same types of people get snappy with me over not staring into their eyes while they are talking. :facepalm:

And most everything I do in my life from work to banking to shopping is done on that device.
Okay, that right there is a little creepy. Eye contact is good, but staring... not so much. I mean, talk to me, not your phone, right? But staring at me? No thanks.

From my standpoint it's not about control. It's about being polite. Showing the person you're with they're important to you. Hard to do that when you're doing something else simultaneously all the time. If you manage people and treat them the same way, never giving them your full attention or showing that what they're saying is important, they'll never respect or like you regardless of what they say to your face. It makes managing people much harder than it needs to be. Same thing for personal relationships IMO.

But, to each their own. Here's the thing. If someone is NOT important to me, I DON'T pay attention. I don't engage them politely. I keep doing my thing and say "uh-huh. Yep. Whatever." That doesn't go unnoticed.

MJM

We've gone on 3 trips with fast pass plus and continued to get fast passes all day long. We got to ride whatever we wanted at least once. We waited no more than 30 minutes for anything as we spent our entire days using fast passes and naturally short lines. Also we enjoy getting fast passes on our phones. It's like a game to us to see what we can get. We once spent 10 minutes repeatedly refreshing and modifying to get a splash mountain fast pass for 3 people for 1:30 pm when there were none available. We got it and were so excited.
This is what FP was designed for and some people know how to use it to its full potential. That’s not unfair or line jumping or cheating. To the people who don’t like FP, I can see how their lack of motivation to plan in advance would possibly make them resentful towards the people who do enjoy the planning because in the end game, those “planners” are not waiting in long lines for any attractions at all. As someone else stated, we are all different and we all like to vacation differently so I say to each their own. So in regard to FP and when it returns (because I believe it IS returning in some form - paid or not) don’t condemn or unjustly judge those of us who choose not to wait in long lines with you. With capacity increasing the lines are unarguably getting longer and I for one can’t wait for the option to FP the major attractions again. With young children it makes our WDW vacation so much more enjoyable

ICanFly

We've gone on 3 trips with fast pass plus and continued to get fast passes all day long. We got to ride whatever we wanted at least once. We waited no more than 30 minutes for anything as we spent our entire days using fast passes and naturally short lines. Also we enjoy getting fast passes on our phones. It's like a game to us to see what we can get. We once spent 10 minutes repeatedly refreshing and modifying to get a splash mountain fast pass for 3 people for 1:30 pm when there were none available. We got it and were so excited.
This! Going in July without FP makes me want to cancel. Seems like FP+ combined with park reservations would increase balance and control over crowds and ride demand. I guess park hopping throws that idea out the window.

crackerman

You’d have to guess the only reason they added “standby” to the wait times is because they are going to add another wait time to the parks. A virtual queue makes a lot of sense and would be an easy replacement for Fastpass since the infrastructure to validate your virtual time would be similar. The app already has a spot for “virtual queues” for one ride, but oddly allows you to select the park.

Jrb1979

You’d have to guess the only reason they added “standby” to the wait times is because they are going to add another wait time to the parks. A virtual queue makes a lot of sense and would be an easy replacement for Fastpass since the infrastructure to validate your virtual time would be similar. The app already has a spot for “virtual queues” for one ride, but oddly allows you to select the park.
It will be available when you pay for it.

LaughingGravy

If they added attractions and maintained the old ones, since they have all that land "the blessing of space", as I think Walt put it, you know, the original intent, there wouldn't be a need for any of this.
Disneyland has an excuse, being surrounded. Even then, they took a parking lot and turned it into another park and added multiple parking garages.
All of this extra planning just to get on some rides that were paid for with A LOT of money to get in takes away the fun.

Disstevefan1

If they added attractions and maintained the old ones, since they have all that land "the blessing of space", as I think Walt put it, you know, the original intent, there wouldn't be a need for any of this.
Disneyland has an excuse, being surrounded. Even then, they took a parking lot and turned it into another park and added multiple parking garages.
And poor EPCOT still looks like a construction site 🙁

Trackmaster

This is what FP was designed for and some people know how to use it to its full potential. That’s not unfair or line jumping or cheating. To the people who don’t like FP, I can see how their lack of motivation to plan in advance would possibly make them resentful towards the people who do enjoy the planning because in the end game, those “planners” are not waiting in long lines for any attractions at all. As someone else stated, we are all different and we all like to vacation differently so I say to each their own. So in regard to FP and when it returns (because I believe it IS returning in some form - paid or not) don’t condemn or unjustly judge those of us who choose not to wait in long lines with you. With capacity increasing the lines are unarguably getting longer and I for one can’t wait for the option to FP the major attractions again. With young children it makes our WDW vacation so much more enjoyable

But the reality is that the way that it works out, FP+ actually benefits the people the who have on point strategy, but don't reserve until the day of. If you're booking 30 days out, you're way too early. The good stuff doesn't get free until the day of. Disney throws more FP+ throughout the day, and people aren't going to discard reservations until the day of. Then when you get back into tier 1, it starts raining FP+ tier 1s at the end of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom