FastPass

Robbydj13

Original Poster
There will be. Likely nothing like the old one.

Unless covid scuppered the plans which I very much doubt. Delayed? Maybe.
Rumors are obviously pointing to a paid system, which is fine with me. But it needs to be limited and somewhat pricy. I think if they are gonna charge, then it should make a real and noticeable difference and be a very good splurge. If they only charge a little, then everyone will get it and it won't make much of a difference. I will happily pay a very premium price for an added premium benefit.

StarshipDisney

Well, it was quite refreshing to read a thread to where I see that I may actually have at least one or two allies in the "I loved FP+" camp.

Bottom line here is that FP+ was very kind to us especially on travel days to where we could drive down for 7 hours, check-in, get to any park I planned and ride three of the best rides with no wait. Same for the morning before we leave. It as also how we rode the latest and most desired rides with no wait (as those had the longest lines).

FP+ was fantastic for us and I accept no argument otherwise. It will be missed and is a major reason for us to consider not paying so much to stay on property anymore.

Having said that...shields up and standing by for incoming fire. I know the FP+ haters will want to argue with me.

Robbydj13

Original Poster
Well, it was quite refreshing to read a thread to where I see that I may actually have at least one or two allies in the "I loved FP+" camp.

Bottom line here is that FP+ was very kind to us especially on travel days to where we could drive down for 7 hours, check-in, get to any park I planned and ride three of the best rides with no wait. Same for the morning before we leave. It as also how we rode the latest and most desired rides with no wait (as those had the longest lines).

FP+ was fantastic for us and I accept no argument otherwise. It will be missed and is a major reason for us to consider not paying so much to stay on property anymore.

Having said that...shields up and standing by for incoming fire. I know the FP+ haters will want to argue with me.
Im a fastpass+ hater but I understand why you and others like it. My argument has always been that it doesnt allow as much to be done or the flexibility as the old system. But I get why it works for some

BiBi

Rumors are obviously pointing to a paid system, which is fine with me. But it needs to be limited and somewhat pricy. I think if they are gonna charge, then it should make a real and noticeable difference and be a very good splurge. If they only charge a little, then everyone will get it and it won't make much of a difference. I will happily pay a very premium price for an added premium benefit.
At the same time they can't make it too expensive because that would compete with their private vip tours.

TTLUTS

Oh I agree that it does, my point was that it limits what one can accomplish per day, whereas the old system allowed you to get more done. I know why people enjoy the new system, convenience. And why I enjoy the old system, quantity of experiences.
The problem with the old system is that if you didnt rope drop, you didnt get FP for the top rides....i remember going and running to Soarin 15 mins after the park opened and they would be sold out for the day..........That stinks worse than the unintended consequences of FP+

Chi84

Premium Member
My point is that some people are "good" at the system giving them an advantage. By definition if someone has an advantage, not all are equal.
Some people are young enough (or traveling without older parents or very small children) to make them "good" at standing in line for hours, giving them an advantage. Whatever system is chosen will give some an advantage and others a disadvantage.

TTLUTS

We love FP+ and old paper FP never worked for us........We would sleep in every morning, head to pool from 10-2pm, then head to parks from 3pm until closing because my family loves the parks at night....We had many great night at MK when EMH would go until 2am...........We would have our FP+ booked for the tops rides and work the other in around them. We would never be able to do that w the old system b they would all be "sold out" by the time we got to the parks

Last edited:

TTLUTS

Some people are young enough (or traveling without older parents or very small children) to make them "good" at standing in line for hours, giving them an advantage. Whatever system is chosen will give some an advantage and others a disadvantage.
Agree.....WDW seems to be phasing out the perks for the hotel guests that cost them money (Magical Express, EMHours, etc.). Hotel guests being able to book FP+ 30 days ahead of day guests seems to be the last perk they have and I wonder if it will affect occupancy/bookings if they removed that benefit. Guests will likely begin to question whether the increased cost of a WDW hotel is worth it vs offsite if the only perk is proximity

LaughingGravy

Loved Maxpass in California. It worked well there. I think because of this.
  • You cannot use MaxPass or start making reservations until you have entered a theme park for the day — all riders in the party must have entered a park that day to be included in the reservation.

Chi84

Premium Member
  • You cannot use MaxPass or start making reservations until you have entered a theme park for the day — all riders in the party must have entered a park that day to be included in the reservation.
So if you entered the park for the day at 3pm would you be able to get any of the most popular rides or would they be gone for the day?

TTLUTS

MaxPass has same issue as old paper FP system........All the top rides will sell out unless you get there early......

TTLUTS

MaxPass has same issue as old paper FP system........All the top rides will sell out unless you get there early......
Compare this to Universal Express Pass as an example..........Express Pass allows you to be spontaneous (no advanced booking required) while not penalizing you depending on the time of day you get there and having rides "sold out"

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The problem with the old system is that if you didnt rope drop, you didnt get FP for the top rides....i remember going and running to Soarin 15 mins after the park opened and they would be sold out for the day..........That stinks worse than the unintended consequences of FP+

Completely agree.
It made it so that you literally had to have one person take everyone's ticket and RUN to the attraction you knew would be gone in the first few minutes of park opening.
At EPCOT someone would run to TT while the rest leisurely walked towards Soarin for SB.
At HS someone would run to TSM while the rest leisurely walked to RNRC for SB. etc.
And for those couple of E-ticket rides you'd be getting a return time of like 3pm even with that runner. Then you had to coordinate your dining etc with that and if it didn't work where you could use the fastpass in the window you were SOL unless you wanted to be one of those people that collected and used later which Disney put a stop to.

TTLUTS

So if you entered the park for the day at 3pm would you be able to get any of the most popular rides or would they be gone for the day?
well FP would be gone and you'd have to do standby..........with FP+, would could still have a FP while entering late

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom