News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

"A Taste of EPCOT FOREVER" ;)

I think it will just be that fireworks are returning and it will be EF. Probably won't say much more than that. Anyhow, I think people will probably like the new version better than the old.
You're the second person to say that after Martin! So what changed between March 15th 2020 and what could be July 2021???

Father Robinson

This very website tells you wear to sit for the best view, at least. Or use the highly technical strategy of not parking where the torch flames are pointing.
Yeah but you can't always go by the torches. Sometimes some aren't lit, sometimes the ones that are lit you can't quite tell which way the flame is blowing due to them being far away, sometimes they don't light them until just before showtime (by them it's too late to set up in a new good spot). I did use the IllumiNations smoke tracker a lot.

TimeTrip

Did they ditch the newer lasers that were brought in for RoE, and used in EF? It looks like the Harm testing only shows a bunch of super-strong moving colored spotlights. Maybe the cameras are too far away, and laser light level too low to pick up any of them? Or perhaps I haven't watched enough videos :)

Giss Neric

Few things that could've been done better IMO.

1. Child voices for intro/1 little spark = OK. To me it could've signified the EPCOT Center we loved as children. Cut the child voices completely after that.

2. Replace the kites with a show-long projection on water screens like Fantasmic! to accompany the music. Would give context to the musical pieces that today's generation doesn't have a clue about.

3. Include at least 10 - 15 seconds of Reflections of Earth, excuse me, Disney World's most successful, award winning nighttime spectacular, ever.

4. Lose Whole New World

Edit. Totally rework the dreadful pre-show music and replace the child announcers.
That's too much effort. I would like them to just focus on making Harmonious a worthy replacement of ROE than modifying a polarizing show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom