Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Watch out. I've learned not to suggest some people or media outlets are fear mongering or over exaggerating continued risk among the vaccinated around here.
Yes, watch out. I'm always watching.

Just make sure you turn in your paperwork before you leave for the day.

Wendy Pleakley

Not off to a good start....

This doesn't sound so bad to me. Two guests (so far) and they're asymptomatic.

We know that a small percentage of vaccinated people will still get COVID, and the fact they didn't get sick shows the vaccine is working as intended.

I wouldn't personally be getting on a cruise ship right now, but this shows that a cruise can occur safely. COVID is manageable in this situation.

ABQ

What's the big deal? If they are vaccinated, the symptoms ought to be mild. If 95% of the passengers were vaccinated, very few other will likely test positive. I'm not sure I see the issue here? What am I missing? Not sure who's statement it is in the article, the writer or if they are parroting someone else, but as they say, "these cases are not unexpected"
I am curious that if it's just these 2 people, then what is unique about them? What vaccine did they have, and when? How long ago? And so forth.

LittleBuford

But to be fair, you can't just "debunk" everything else she brought up. It's good to hear all sides and angles of this issue. And scientists can be political too.
Scientists in the UK are calling for a delay in the lifting of restrictions based on the fact—and it is a fact—that the Delta variant is causing a rise in cases and hospitalisations. The delay need not be long; all that’s required is for more people to be vaccinated, which shouldn’t be difficult given the success of the UK vaccine rollout.

How is any of that political?

sullyinMT

What's the big deal? If they are vaccinated, the symptoms ought to be mild. If 95% of the passengers were vaccinated, very few other will likely test positive. I'm not sure I see the issue here? What am I missing? Not sure who's statement it is in the article, the writer or if they are parroting someone else, but as they say, "these cases are not unexpected"
I am curious that if it's just these 2 people, then what is unique about them? What vaccine did they have, and when? How long ago? And so forth.
The biggest deal, for most families, would be being stuck out of the country. Getting enough viral load to test positive and not being able to board a flight. Like others have said, if it ends up being just these two (or some other small number), and they remain asymptomatic, the concept of vaccinated cruises doesn't fail from this one story.

Also, the two were sharing a stateroom. 95% vaccinated, so were either or both not vaccinated (ie, under 16)? Details are a little thin right now.

ABQ

Scientists in the UK are calling for a delay in the lifting of restrictions based on the fact—and it is a fact—that the Delta variant is causing a rise in cases and hospitalisations. The delay need not be long; all that’s required is for more people to be vaccinated, which shouldn’t be difficult given the success of the UK vaccine rollout.

How is any of that political?
You sure about the rise in hospitalizations? I posed this same delta variant spike matter a few days back and was informed by someone here that it's certainly causing cases to go up, but not so much deaths and hospitalizations. Numbers I'm seeing in the past two weeks show the UK daily new admissions going from 127 to 133, not much of a spike. England is rising slightly while Scotland and Wales are dropping slightly. Norther Ireland is flat.

GimpYancIent

This doesn't sound so bad to me. Two guests (so far) and they're asymptomatic.

We know that a small percentage of vaccinated people will still get COVID, and the fact they didn't get sick shows the vaccine is working as intended.

I wouldn't personally be getting on a cruise ship right now, but this shows that a cruise can occur safely. COVID is manageable in this situation.
Sure. Will this cruise now be an extended until medical clearance at the home port?

ABQ

The biggest deal, for most families, would be being stuck out of the country. Getting enough viral load to test positive and not being able to board a flight. Like others have said, if it ends up being just these two (or some other small number), and they remain asymptomatic, the concept of vaccinated cruises doesn't fail from this one story.
OK, I get that. Though it's certainly a risk any of these early cruise ship passengers ought to be prepared to deal with, and I'm sure they were.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The purpose of test cruises was to "test" covid related policies and procedures. Does anyone really believe that any reasonable mitigation techniques would be enough to prevent the spread of the virus on a cruise ship?

GimpYancIent

The purpose of test cruises was to "test" covid related policies and procedures. Does anyone really believe that any reasonable mitigation techniques would be enough to prevent the spread of the virus on a cruise ship?
And the test came out POSITIVE! Reality is cruise ships do not enjoy a great health record pre-COVID so this is not earth shaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom