Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Phicinfan

Is there anyway we can petition for them not to do this? Moana doesn't belong in Epcot at all. Maybe we should say we are offended in someway. That seems like the new way of getting rid of something.

"My great great grandfather drowned in water. ... Well it was either that or the fall... into the well."
That depends.
Moana was a story of the importance of nature and supporting and protecting it. It also focused on how life is tied to the water.
If they use some education aspect to tie to Moana IP, it could fit.
I get the negativity of IP into Epcot, but unfortunately that ship has sailed ever since they put Frozen in Norway and the Three Caballeros in Mexico, heck Figment in Imagination.
So, if it has to be IP related, if it also ties some to education...it could work.

GimpYancIent

That depends.
Moana was a story of the importance of nature and supporting and protecting it. It also focused on how life is tied to the water.
If they use some education aspect to tie to Moana IP, it could fit.
I get the negativity of IP into Epcot, but unfortunately that ship has sailed ever since they put Frozen in Norway and the Three Caballeros in Mexico, heck Figment in Imagination.
So, if it has to be IP related, if it also ties some to education...it could work.
You forgot Ratatouille in the France. Just saying.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is there anyway we can petition for them not to do this? Moana doesn't belong in Epcot at all. Maybe we should say we are offended in someway. That seems like the new way of getting rid of something.

"My great great grandfather drowned in water. ... Well it was either that or the fall... into the well."

Yep, don't give them you money.

sedati

Is there anyway we can petition for them not to do this? Moana doesn't belong in Epcot at all.
Take out the elements based on real cultural myths (similar to those explored in other pavilions) and you've got a story about wayfinding. There wouldn't be a world showcase if mankind hadn't spread to all four corners of the earth. Seriously, maybe an attraction about that should be set opposite AA in the acres and acres of wasted space that is the Showcase Plaza area.

Last edited:

jt04

There was a much much bigger backlash against Pandora in dak and most people now love it. For many the land is rated best and so is FoP.

Same will happen with Journey featuring Moana. Bookmark here ➡

Bocabear

There was a much much bigger backlash against Pandora in dak and most people now love it. For many the land is rated best and so is FoP.

Same will happen with Journey featuring Moana. Bookmark here ➡
Seriously, it is a water feature/splash pad on the walkway to something else... I doubt it will be a highest rated feature of EPCOT...
And if it is, how sad is it that this could eclipse all other areas and attractions in the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seriously, it is a water feature/splash pad on the walkway to something else... I doubt it will be a highest rated feature of EPCOT...
And if it is, how sad is it that this could eclipse all other areas and attractions in the park.
It's not a splashpad.

Third time trying to tell you something that you seem to not want to believe.

At this point, I need to ask you: Are you purposely lying about it to make some sort of jab at Disney?

Bocabear

Nope...looking at the concept art, looking at the kids with their hands in water, looking at the Disney provided images, it all looks like a water play area to me...
Third time telling me? lol Well who are you? Do you have the construction drawings and information none of us have? If you do, that is great, and I would love to know more, but Disney is clearly releasing artwork that tells another tale...
1623426115991.png

1623426192707.png

1623426238084.png

If leapfrog fountains and people playing in water don't look like a water play area to you, then you must have some information that has not been released... Not trying to push an agenda or lying, just looking objectively at the artwork WDW has released...

jt04

This new area is a B or C ticket and takes up only a small area comparatively. The "Disney Nature" neighborhood will take up not just (at least) the former Communore West but also most of the former western areas of Future World. At least that is what the artwork shows.

Time to see the forest through the trees. 🌲

FigmentFan82

Nope...looking at the concept art, looking at the kids with their hands in water, looking at the Disney provided images, it all looks like a water play area to me...
Third time telling me? lol Well who are you? Do you have the construction drawings and information none of us have? If you do, that is great, and I would love to know more, but Disney is clearly releasing artwork that tells another tale...
View attachment 563325
View attachment 563326
View attachment 563327
If leapfrog fountains and people playing in water don't look like a water play area to you, then you must have some information that has not been released... Not trying to push an agenda or lying, just looking objectively at the artwork WDW has released...
There's also an adult with her hand in the water in the artwork, but you purposefully neglected to mention that since many of your posts you seem to have a bias against anything that would appeal to kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom