News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Lucky Rabbit

One thing to consider is the footage being shot with the actors. With the pandemic, Hollywood was shut down, and understandably so. That, coupled with budgets being upended, massive losses from closed parks, movie theatres, etc., created a perfect storm.
At least filming the ride scenes shouldn’t inhibit the budget too much. They shot Mission Breakout during Vol 2. Cosmic Rewind scenes are getting filmed this fall during production of the Holiday special and Vol. 3.

SailorMercury

I heard from a source that this is shifting slightly. It will now be Guardians of the Galaxy featuring the music of Olivia Rodrigo.

😂
“Hey guys. It’s me, Peter Quill from Marvel Studios Guardians of the Galaxy. I’m very sorry about the absence of my awesome mix. But we have Olivia Rodrigo’s all new album, “Sour” instead. It’s a lot better and you can buy it in stores now!”

*rollercoaster launches*
*the album plays idk I’ve never listened to it*

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I heard from a source that this is shifting slightly. It will now be Guardians of the Galaxy featuring the music of Olivia Rodrigo.

😂

5btqep.gif

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
“Hey guys. It’s me, Peter Quill from Marvel Studios Guardians of the Galaxy. I’m very sorry about the absence of my awesome mix. But we have Olivia Rodrigo’s all new album, “Sour” instead. It’s a lot better and you can buy it in stores now!”

*rollercoaster launches*
*the album plays idk I’ve never listened to it*
Good for you.

Mac Tonight

Who said anything about a joke?

I thought this was happening... I've been listening to Livy's 3 song's on repeat for the last 30 minutes.
Maybe it will happen, what do I know! At this point, I wouldn't put anything past Chapek.

Also, no offense to her personally, but I just can't be bothered... not my style.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Maybe it will happen, what do I know! At this point, I wouldn't put anything past Chapek.

Also, no offense to her personally, but I just can't be bothered... not my style.
Not my style either... personally I turned her off during SNL and I find her songs forgetful.
I honestly can't remember the girl's name...

Which would be sad if she gets something in WDW and people can't remember her name or a song... Yet people love Dreamfinder and Figment and WDI ignore and put off updating that attraction. Hmm

Mac Tonight

Not my style either... personally I turned her off during SNL and I find her songs forgetful.
I honestly can't remember the girl's name...

Which would be sad if she gets something in WDW and people can't remember her name or a song... Yet people love Dreamfinder and Figment and WDI ignore and put off updating that attraction. Hmm
I hadn't even heard of her until a day or so ago.

Now, Dreamfinder and Figment is a whole other issue...

doctornick

Question for anyone who knows: is the UoE building going to have anything other than the queue/first part of the ride? I know at first they had considered some sort of show there and that's off the table. But will there be anything like a post-ride gift shop or a M&G space, etc?

SailorMercury

Question for anyone who knows: is the UoE building going to have anything other than the queue/first part of the ride? I know at first they had considered some sort of show there and that's off the table. But will there be anything like a post-ride gift shop or a M&G space, etc?
I think that it’s just the queue and first part. (And I think a preshow. There was concept art of Rocket and Groot with the Milano that looked like a preshow). Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a gift shop though. Gotta sell those Groot plushies

Rescue Ranger

This attraction should use the characters in their animated/comic forms. Same should have been done in Disneyland. With all Marvel characters, with the exception of special events like they did with Maleficent.

I was pleasantly surprised WDW used the comic style for Groot & Rocket on the Skyliner.

Between actor re-casting, reboots, cancel culture, etc....it's much smarter NOT to use the live action cinematic universe for the inspiration. Dave Batista is already done with Drax. What next when they add a new actor? The comic/animated world is ageless. Take universal for example. Had their Spider-Man attraction been film based....yikes.

SailorMercury

This attraction should use the characters in their animated/comic forms. Same should have been done in Disneyland. With all Marvel characters, with the exception of special events like they did with Maleficent.

I was pleasantly surprised WDW used the comic style for Groot & Rocket on the Skyliner.

Between actor re-casting, reboots, cancel culture, etc....it's much smarter NOT to use the live action cinematic universe for the inspiration. Dave Batista is already done with Drax. What next when they add a new actor? The comic/animated world is ageless. Take universal for example. Had their Spider-Man attraction been film based....yikes.
The GotG Skyliner Car art is based on the Disney XD show

The Aracuan Bird

The Guardians didn’t make much of a dent in popular culture until the film. They don’t have the universal appeal that Spider-Man does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom