News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mac Tonight

They are all attractions.
200.gif

RSoxNo1

well....they can't use Thor as a comic book character, however Thor predates Marvel because it's an ancient god in Norse Mythology, along with Loki, Odin, etc. so Disney theoretically could create a Thor themed attraction, but it probably couldn't resemble the Marvel version at all. In fact I believe there's already Thor themed things in the Norway pavilion at Epcot
I'm not sure if the gallery is open but Gods of the Vikings had references and figures for Thor, Odin, Loki and Freyja.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So uh, fun randomness to steer the conversation back towards Guardians.

It's construction has now taken 41 days longer than the construction time for Universe of Energy combined with it's total lifetime refurbishment downtime.
To be (very loosely) fair, Universe of Energy was mostly just extremely large rooms with projector screens and mirrors... Plus no pandemic.

WondersOfLife

Didn’t it have a large dark ride section with large dinosaur animatronics?
Of course. but thinking about it... the entire show building for UOE is being used just as a queue. On TOP of that, everything going in the big box is going to be pretty impressive (I hope). That omnicoaster sounds like it’ll be quite up there as well. We’ll have to wait and see.

Either way, none of that was even my point.

Sausalito is literally a big warehouse.
is what you’re referring to, the guardians box?

DreamfinderGuy

To be (very loosely) fair, Universe of Energy was mostly just extremely large rooms with projector screens and mirrors... Plus no pandemic.
Okay, by that logic there was nothing in there to gut, meaning it should've taken no time at all for it to be gutted for Guardians. Guardians' queue building has been standing for 40 years now too, Energy started from dirt.

The Aracuan Bird

Of course. but thinking about it... the entire show building for UOE is being used just as a queue. On TOP of that, everything going in the big box is going to be pretty impressive (I hope). That omnicoaster sounds like it’ll be quite up there as well. We’ll have to wait and see.

Either way, none of that was even my point.

is what you’re referring to, the guardians box?
You don’t know that. But yes, I hope so as well.

I expect the coaster track to be decently fun. Disney’s show quality as of late has been anywhere from good to poor, so I have no idea what to expect.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don’t think about the state of the art technology or engineering in there though.

Or the diorama.

But the kids will enjoy their 3 minute blast before moving onto the next 3 minute blast.

BTW no pandemic it was still scheduled to take 7 months longer to build than the original park.

WondersOfLife

Don’t think about the state of the art technology or engineering in there though.

Or the diorama.

But the kids will enjoy their 3 minute blast before moving onto the next 3 minute blast.

BTW no pandemic it was still scheduled to take 7 months longer to build than the original park.
Oh ok. Thanks for the insight.

Still, Energy was my childhood favorite attraction (The Ellen version, of course. I know All about the OG tho.). But I just simply refuse to make any judgment on it before its complete.

WondersOfLife

You don’t know that.
Yup that’s why I said I hope in parenthesis.
I have no idea what to expect.
Nobody does. They’re obviously not doing the minimum work on this thing (Like FEA), but it’s also hard to tell if it’ll be top notch. I think people just need to take a chill pill. I see a lot of people here about to have strokes from stress lol.

WondersOfLife

Okay, by that logic there was nothing in there to gut, meaning it should've taken no time at all for it to be gutted for Guardians. Guardians' queue building has been standing for 40 years now too, Energy started from dirt.
How does it feel being so worked up about this.

Let’s wait and see what they come up with.

CrashNet

One thing to consider is the footage being shot with the actors. With the pandemic, Hollywood was shut down, and understandably so. That, coupled with budgets being upended, massive losses from closed parks, movie theatres, etc., created a perfect storm. Now, the added timing to build buzz and have appropriate ROI for that buzz is a factor as well. In a way, everyone really lost 18 months of their lives.

Also, for what it’s worth, spreading cost over fiscal periods is even more of a practice today than in the 80s. There’s also the consideration of building in an existing park, which is making money, vs a new park that is only spending.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom