News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

The Aracuan Bird

It's a rollercoaster. It will be popular for a very long time. Do people solely ride Rockin for Aerosmith? (I love Aerosmith, never replace them!). Contrary to some on here that have a disdain for any type of rollercoaster but they are a very popular ride type that are a big draw for any park. Combine that with what I'm going to assume to be very catchy effects and the gimmick of controlled spinning and I have no doubt Guardians will still be very popular 10 years down the road.
Yes, but can it carry a park on its own? Or will people go to ride the coaster and dip?

There’s no doubt that EPCOT needed a coaster, and I’m sure this will be popular, but it needs a lot more than just a coaster if it wants to catch up to the rest of the parks.

Movielover

Yes, but can it carry a park on its own?
It won't be carrying it on its own. At opening Epcot will have a coaster, a very cool flight simulator, A high speed car ride, A trackless dark ride, A underrated space simulator, 3 family water rides, 3 traditional dark rides (although one of them desperately needs a redo), a large scale AA show, and multiple films and walkthrough attractions. I would argue that Guardians is needed to complete the thrill factor of the park and then the company should focus on the non thrill and non ride aspects such as the underutilized theaters and of course the big empty pit in the middle.

The Aracuan Bird

It won't be carrying it on its own. At opening Epcot will have a coaster, a very cool flight simulator, A high speed car ride, A trackless dark ride, A underrated space simulator, 3 family water rides, 3 traditional dark rides (although one of them desperately needs a redo), a large scale AA show, and multiple films and walkthrough attractions. I would argue that Guardians is needed to complete the thrill factor of the park and then the company should focus on the non thrill and non ride aspects such as the underutilized theaters and of course the big empty pit in the middle.
They’re all quite varied in terms of quality. Many on the lower end. From what I see, I don’t imagine many would consider Imagination, Nemo, and Mission: SPACE (despite your opinion that it is underrated) as big assets to the park despite the large amount of space they take up. If they were, why is the park so unpopular for the average guest? One coaster isn’t going to make the night and day difference the Park needs.

DoleWhipDrea

No matter how one may feel about GotG getting a coaster in EPCOT, it will draw new guests to the park, at least for a while. It's a popular Marvel property that's going to generate interest. Yes, EPCOT needs more than just a single new coaster in order to improve the park, but Disney knows that this one single attraction will drive attendance. Just look at the addition of Pandora to DAK - it's a film that (while a lot of people saw in theaters due to the thrill of the imagery in 3D) isn't exactly a film that a lot of people are major devoted fans of. Yet the land is still driving attendance and the lines in the land continue to stay long. Will they be as long in 2027? We'll see, but by then WDI will likely be looking to add something new to DAK anyway.

No, Disney won't greenlight everything that needs to be done. All of the parks at WDW have needed more attractions and investments for a long time. Unfortunately they know that even by diminishing the amount of attractions and entertainment for guests, people will still pay exorbitant amounts of money to come and stay at WDW. Unless that changes, Disney will try to invest as little as they can possibly get away with. If we're lucky, WDI is planning for more upgrades and expansions to combat Epic Universe. We'll see if Disney is willing to pay up then...

trainplane3

E3JgVLzXoAYMdSL

Very wide picture so be sure to click it.

jt04

And now to ditch the stupid sing-along and give us IdF full time. That’s by far your best film at Epcot!

How popular is the sing-along?

The travel films have declined clearly. It would be interesting if they went with original scripts and refilmed them in HD frame for frame as far as it is possible and projected on a seamless screen.

Bring in Soarin over Cali. Original China 360. Original Land film. I think using the theaters for multiple films/presentations is a plus. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom