News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Glimpses

Maybe we're not as far off from each other is as it seems then. I think indoor mask mandates should stay until one of the following two things happens:

1. Everyone who wants to get vaccinated has the opportunity to. That includes children
2. The case counts get low enough that the risk of infection by anybody is negligible and that the vaccination rate is high enough in the population that those who are unvaccinated are basically covered.
Sorry for late reply, but I agree with this (not that anyone cares). Though, I think they are going to hit go on removing masks indoors as soon as OC gives their blessing early next week.

Vegas Disney Fan

I disagree. Not sure why masks for a few more weeks makes so many people angry.
Because it’s getting hot and increasingly uncomfortable to wear them… at some point we need to tear off the bandaid now that we have a real cure in vaccines. There will never be a perfect time to eliminate masks, not last week, not this week, not in two weeks, and not in two months, Covid is likely here to stay in a diminished capacity so it will never be the “right” time to get rid of the masks, at some point we need to make it voluntary and let people decide for themselves.

I got my second vaccination April 6, wore a mask every day since then until May 20th when my state, and my job, said it was no longer required for vaccinated people, I haven’t worn it a single time since, I still have it in my car but I haven’t seen a single business anywhere in Las Vegas requiring them in over a week. You still see a ton of masks but it’s now voluntary.

Either we trust that the vaccines work or we don’t, it also has the added benefit that it encourages those sitting on the fence to get vaccinated, I’ve had 3 coworkers get their first shot in the last week because work now allows vaccinated workers not to wear masks, it‘s a major incentive for fence sitters and procrastinators.

mikejs78

Premium Member
There will never be a perfect time to eliminate masks, not last week, not this week, not in two weeks, and not in two months, Covid is likely here to stay in a diminished capacity so it will never be the “right” time to get rid of the masks, at some point we need to make it voluntary and let people decide for themselves.
I think there is a right time. It's when one of the following two things happen:

1. Everyone is eligible to receive the vaccine, including children.
2. The case count drops to a very low level (1 per 100000, which is still more than what we've realistically seen from other high vaccination countries).

Chi84

Premium Member
I think there is a right time. It's when one of the following two things happen:

2. The case count drops to a very low level (1 per 100000, which is still more than what we've realistically seen from other high vaccination countries).
That’s probably much too conservative for most health experts, and definitely (from my observations outside this site) for most actual people. But we’ll see. There’s no problem with continuing masks as long as it’s voluntary.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Can't understand why someone who has the vaccine cares whether or not other people are wearing a mask.
Absolutely this. DW & I are vaccinated. We are no longer worrying about those that do not chose to be vaccinated, as there is the valid option of masking at all times, for personal protection.

WE are going to be just fine :). Following posted WDW rules? Absolutely. Masking on an Airplane? Laughing - we did this BEFORE Covid arrived :). Just us - we're going to WDW... not a political event 😅 .

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

But your “right” time to stop wearing them is just one of millions of opinions, others may believe it’s 1 case in a million, others may think if there’s even one case globally we should continue wearing them, others (like me) believe it was once I was fully vaccinated, others think we should never have had to wear them in the first place… how do we decide which opinion is the right one?

Many health experts are now saying they aren’t needed, others are saying they still are… even the experts have differing opinions on the “right” time .

ElvisMickey

Absolutely this. DW & I are vaccinated. We are no longer worrying about those that do not chose to be vaccinated, as there is the valid option of masking at all times, for personal protection.

WE are going to be just fine :). Following posted WDW rules? Absolutely. Masking on an Airplane? Laughing - we did this BEFORE Covid arrived :). Just us - we're going to WDW... not a political event 😅 .
I’m vaccinated. I don’t care who wears a mask and who doesn’t either. The problem is, that there are numerous people who still think you’re the scum of the earth if you don’t wear a mask regardless if you’re vaccinated or not.

Jrb1979

I’m vaccinate. I don’t care who wears a mask and who doesn’t either. The problem is, that there are numerous people who still think you’re the scum of the earth if you don’t wear a mask regardless if you’re vaccinated or not.
It's not what I was saying. If you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask. I'm still of the opinion if you aren't vaccinated you should be wearing a mask and that they should enforce that.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I’m vaccinated. I don’t care who wears a mask and who doesn’t either. The problem is, that there are numerous people who still think you’re the scum of the earth if you don’t wear a mask regardless if you’re vaccinated or not.
Many people thought this of me in the 1970's, because I had long hair :). The issue changes with time - I'm not gonna worry about it 😅 . It is remarkably easy to become someone else's "scum of the earth" 😅. Just be slightly different 😅.

Oddysey

You have a point for sure, but I tend not to care what these people think. Overly judgmental people will always find something to judge me about.

For example, when I was 28 my DW was pregnant with our first child. She was a 25 year old school teacher at the time. My wife looked very young, and I looked old by comparison. This was also around the time the show 16 and Pregnant was in its first season and very popular. A man starred me down angrily and as if he was ready to fight. At that time in my life I was to proud to break eye contact and as we walked by he started complaining to his wife what a terrible person I was for getting an underage teen pregnant. “I was like one of those older (than the teenage girl) idiot dudes on the show.” “I ruined her life.”

Once I heard his complaint I broke eye contact because I realized this man has a personal problem. I guess I could have had my wife whip out here ID and show her age, but what is the point? There is no satisfying people who think this way because it makes them feel better when they perceive themselves to have the moral high ground. In other words, if he was not judging me for that (falsely to be clear), then he will just find something else about me or somebody else he does not like to make himself feel better.

The point is the person judging you for not wearing a mask does not know you or your situation and if they walk around in “all knowing”judgement all the time, the problem is with them l, not you. Don’t let others keep you from enjoying yourself when you are absolutely doing nothing immoral.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom