News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloMagic

Absent government mandates, businesses have no duty of enforcement. I don't know about other areas, but where I live businesses have shown no interest in taking on the burden of enforcing rules based on vaccination status.
Then they should wait for orange county to drop the indoor mask mandate.

correcaminos

"Dr. Anthony Fauci says he doesn't regret joining other the Trump administration's other public health experts in advising Americans against wearing masks early on in the COVID-19 pandemic."
  • "I don't regret anything I said then because in the context of the time in which I said it, it was correct. We were told in our task force meetings that we have a serious problem with the lack of PPEs," he said.
Yet again it was about supplies, not being forced into not wearing. Until we could secure masks that my kid could wear, we stayed home. We follow the rules and listen to science. I was lucky to have old N95s to wear when needed. Feel free to judge me on that, but I never stopped listening to what was advised.

You think I put my kid in danger? That's crazy talk honestly. If you knew a thing about what I posted here, you'd never have tried to make a poor example of me. That was just a low blow.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Then they should wait for orange county to drop the indoor mask mandate.
And since there is no COVID briefing from OC today we aren't likely to see that before the weekend. I believe their next briefing is June 2.

Incomudro

My issue with that is that people can take meds to hide it. Also a fever can come up later. That's exactly how covid hit my aunt's LTC facility. Worker was feeling okay and temp check fine. Then a few hours later was fevered and ill. Never thought they were helpful.
I get that, and I realize it isn't foolproof.
But I think about how many people I've known over the years who insisted on showing up at my job when sick, because they thought they were heroic.
Meanwhile, they infected half the building.

Parker in NYC

That's exactly the problem. People tend to only follow the guidance they like, so it's pointless. Like California governor Newsom citing the CDC constantly until they dropped the mask guidance, and then he just said he'll keep doing whatever he thinks best. It's all just so ridiculous at this point to point to an authority and say "They said we have to do X right now so we better do it."
I see a lot of people following changing guidance and a lot who don't. Frankly, I just look at what's happening around me and don't blame leadership for making my own personal health considerations. Common sense is great, I recommend it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Think any substantial number of people in this country will actually make positive changes to their health as a result of all of this so next time around they will fair better?
This is one of the issues that bothers me. After all this, no one is really talking about leading healthier lifestyles so if/when something like this (or just illness in general) occurs, the population and the individual will be in better shape to handle it.

And before someone says something...no, leading a healthier lifestyle is not a 100% preventer for disease, etc.

CosmicRays

no way it will be before...that would be dumb.

they need to really get serious about crowd control/managing demands/etc...like yesterday. Bob must be waiting for Bob to tell him what to do?
the bobs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom