News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFloMagic

Study after study after study for decades has shown viruses are not prevented by surgical masks.
They are too small, a virus cannot be stopped by it. Bacteria however are a magnitude larger than a virus is. They can be stopped by the masks.
Here is an article about the effectiveness of it in regards to influenza:

And while I agree, it is icky if people are not using clean masks, the reality of the situation, guaranteed, is far from not icky. People are gross, masks get reused and not cleaned every few hours.

And here is a scientific study which discusses the purpose of a surgical mask in the OR:
No. Masks work at preventing the release of droplets, which are the main method of transmission of Covid.

"Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols."

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Touchdown

If masks don’t reduce viral spread then why does the Joint Commission on Hospital Safety mandate that anyone entering the room of a person who is being tested for or is confirmed positive for a respiratory virus need to wear a surgical mask?

Why has study after study shown it is effective at reducing Covid spread?

Why did we not have flu this year?

Just please stop already. As for masks causing skin infections, last time I checked, people wear hats all the time, said hats cover people’s forehead whose skin is no different then your face, people don’t wash hats, and we don’t have a rash of skin infections. To take it a step further, the skin located in your armpits and groin (and all the parts it contains) are far more sensitive and thinner then your cheeks and they are covered by clothing everyday, practically 24:7 in normal situations.

Last edited:

dreday3

Did they remove outdoor mask mandates right after Universal did to entice people?

WDW opened 5 weeks later because of how big of an operation they have and to get prepared for opening. If they could have, they would've opened in June.

Universals been busy, hitting capacity on weekends, they don’t need to entice people.

Disney literally was adding new mask signage yesterday/day before!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Many also looked at the effectiveness of controlling the spread of a virus within the general population.
They found there was no discernible effectiveness.

We don’t need studies even to see the in effectiveness on full display. Places with early mask mandates still had huge rises in COVID. Places with no mask mandates also had huge rises in COVID. In some instances mask mandates were instituted and the COVID rates immediately went up (I don’t believe there is a connection, but rather that it just goes to show how pointless the mandates were)

Not going to rehash all of this nonsense over and over and over again.

If someone feels safer wearing a mask, wear it! No one is stopping you.
The rest of us are moving on though.

Observations about mask mandates are very different from observations about mask effectiveness, just because there isn't a mandate doesn't mean people stopped wearing masks. It's also hard to compare states and tie their results to a single thing, there are just to many variables involved. Wearing a mask is a public health issue, because you choosing not to wear it has an impact on other people. It's important that we really understand the value of masks so we are ready for the next time, whether that is this fall, or years from now.

Last edited:

Creathir

Observations about mask mandates are very different from observations about mask effectiveness, just because there isn't a mandate doesn't mean people stopped wearing masks. It's also hard to compare states and tie their results to a single single thing, there are just to many variables involved. Wearing a mask is a public health issue, because you choosing not to wear it has an impact on other people. It's important that we really understand the value of masks so we are ready for the next time, whether that is this fall, or years from now.
A scientific study just was released about the ineffectiveness of the mandates.
Note, this has not been peer reviewed yet as it is so new, so take it with a grain of salt.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A scientific study just was released about the ineffectiveness of the mandates.
Note, this has not been peer reviewed yet as it is so new, so take it with a grain of salt.

... and here are a bunch of studies that do show benefit. At the very least we need to keep an open mind on this topic...

correcaminos

I don't know. I don't even care. I just realized I'm tired of discussing all of this. 😂
🤣

I hear that! I was thinking you might be better than me with the idea of guessing what will happen is about like throwing darts at the dart board while blindfolded and spun around. Because that's exactly how I feel now 🙃

mickeymiss

Sorry if this has been asked.

I read that they are now loading more than one party for gondolas. Do they require masks for that? Also, we weren't allowed to take buses from pop century to HS/EP during our trip that we returned from a week ago. We had to take the gondolas. I hope they offer buses again because some people are afraid of heights. It was odd not having an option. I still get jittery on the gondola myself lol.

Creathir

Sorry if this has been asked.

I read that they are now loading more than one party for gondolas. Do they require masks for that? Also, we weren't allowed to take buses from pop century to HS/EP during our trip that we returned from a week ago. We had to take the gondolas. I hope they offer buses again because some people are afraid of heights. It was odd not having an option. I still get jittery on the gondola myself lol.
Masks are still currently required in all indoor situations and on all Disney transportation options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom