Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

Very sad to tell you… but she’s right. They probably had that in mind when creating it too.. that nobody (particuarly most Figment lovers) would notice/catch on. They ‘did’ intentionally portray Figment as a nuisance due to their annoyance of the fans’ complaints.. (take a look at the “focus group” eye chart next time you’re on the ride…) 😉 There’s also a reason why they have it setup that the “big stink” in the smell lab is what gets Channing to stop the tour (as opposed to a familiar scent of rose.. remember the ‘original ride’ ‘s scent of rose??) “, then shortly after (take a listen behind the closed Laugh Lab & Dream Lab doors you pass by.. with laughter coming out of the laugh lab and snoring recorded by Chuck McCann (original voice of Dreamfinder) before.. (hehe, Dreamfinder was put to sleep behind closed doors… LULZ, yeeeah, no kidding. With HONEY, I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE, that is..) and Channing eventually caves into the Friends of Figment’s “Upside Down” way of thinking… ultimately concluding with “Imagination is a Blast” (Ohh yes, they ‘did’ Infact mean it that way..) don’t kid yourself. It’s gross what they did to that attraction..

They were slick in what they did… took the Tiki Room: Under New Management route but reversed the roles… have the old character be the nuisance as opposed to the new.. to the point they even used the same type of sign. (Same Splattered paint they used for New Management is used for With Figment)
713A907B-2D91-4D0A-B488-3BBF5242D615.jpeg

Trying to make it seem as if the “small Figment brains” are the ones who are wrong on what Imagination really is.. when infact.. if you Google the definition.. look who’s Infact right! 😉;
A1158051-2A7A-4892-BA1E-AD88A0F93AC0.jpeg

2DBDDF0B-6B6B-4834-9323-6FF33343F16B.jpeg

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Make of this what you will. I’m not convinced this is the truth. Just doesn’t seem realistic atm.

The thing about this narrative and the others that seem to corroborate it, is that it IS very much a thing that they are clearly seriously considering. I really do think it’s not “if” it’s just “when”. This seems to be the crown jewel of the Epcot overhaul, and they don’t want to mess it up so they keep pushing it further down the timeline. Imho.

Inspired Figment

The thing about this narrative and the others that seem to corroborate it, is that it IS very much a thing that they are clearly seriously considering. I really do think it’s not “if” it’s just “when”. This seems to be the crown jewel of the Epcot overhaul, and they don’t want to mess it up so they keep pushing it further down the timeline. Imho.
Exactly. Remember D’amaro’s response about it when he was asked? He said something along the lines of “give us more time”. My guess is he’s waiting for Chapek to get the boot, cause he & Iger simply refuse to greenlight a proper comeback as for some reason they’ve never felt it was worth the long term investment. They felt they “fixed it already” in 2002.. despite the actual credit going to Eisner for greenlighting that revamp, and well.. we all know full well that “comeback” wasn’t actually what it was hyped up to be. A poorly conceived band-aid to a much larger problem (an unfitting film IP themed attraction) is what that was. Anyway, here’s hoping for the best in the future! I genuinely feel D’Amaro gets, loves, and respects Disney (particuarly the parks) along with the creativity of WDI far more than Iger & Chapek ever did.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Exactly. Remember D’amaro’s response about it when he was asked? He said something along the lines of “give us more time”. My guess is he’s waiting for Chapek to get the boot, cause he & Iger simply refuse to greenlight a proper comeback as for some reason they’ve never felt it was worth the long term investment. They felt they “fixed it already” in 2002.. despite the actual credit going to Eisner for greenlighting that revamp, and well.. we all know full well that “comeback” wasn’t actually what it was hyped up to be. A poorly conceived band-aid to a much larger problem (an unfitting film IP themed attraction) is what that was. Anyway, here’s hoping for the best in the future! I genuinely feel D’Amaro gets, loves, and respects Disney (particuarly the parks) along with the creativity of WDI far more than Iger & Chapek ever did.
Also.. while I hate to make such a snarky comment about current management here.. can’t help but find that fitting.. As Iger & Chapek have only continued to repeat the very same mistakes Eisner has, just with an even ‘more’ narrow/synergistic viewpoint than he & Pressler had. Their claim to fame/“saving” of Disney has simply been their brand acquisitions like the Muppets, Pixar, Lucasfilm, etc... things Eisner was already planning to do begin with.. along with remakes.. so yeah..

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

A company literally founded upon free spirited creativity (the very damn thing Dreamfinder, Figment, and the Journey Into Imagination pavilion perfectly representated) that ultimately led to the iconic, impactful, long lasting works we know & love ‘needs’ that very same creativity to survive in the future. Following Dr. Nigel Channing’s (blatantly wrong I might add according to the dictionary) overly controlled, narrow, synergistic way of doing things simply isn’t going to last long-term despite what corporate wants you to believe.

Homemade Imagineering

Personally I'm really trying to temper my expectations with a proper Imagination redo. With that said however, I wouldn't doubt it if D'amaro is planning to bring back the original duo at some point in the future. Heck, I think it would be great to announce a new Imagination at the next D23 expo in a year. Almost as, a sign of WDI emerging from the pandemic with a new E ticket everyone will be hyped for (even if it is announced way early on, and actual work on the pavilion doesn't begin until say, 2025). I'd be okay with waiting a few years in between an actual announcement and breaking ground on the pavilion, knowing the current version would only last a short while longer.

Mickeynerd17

If this is the case, then the half-in-half approach to the EPCOT overhaul would have two major new rides being Guardians for the IP half and a refurbed imagination for the Vintage half.

It's all speculation, but definitely interesting info.

DoleWhipDrea

Say what you will about D'Amaro, but he listens to his CMs and the parks fans for feedback. It does sound like brining Imagination back to its full glory is important to him. I would rather Imagination gets the large budget it needs for whenever the eventual refurb happens. Hopefully Chapek won't stand in the way and meant it when he said he prefers to be mostly hands-off over various departments. As long as Figment and Dreamfinder merch can make good money the way it has been, we're on the right track.

pdude81

What he may have meant by asking for a little time is that there are a whole bunch of other projects delayed right now and needing to wait until revenues are back to normal before any more big projects. He shared an affection for Mr Toad's Wild Ride so he thankfully has respect for classic rides even if they aren't drawing huge crowds right now.

pdude81

Except the Splash Mountain retheme, apparently.
I haven't been following the splash threads, but I haven't noticed any news items related to Splash in the year since they announced that eventually it will change. Perhaps it'll go down for refurb in January and stay down a year, but I expect park revenues for Q2 FY22 to have recovered by then. Plus, as I am sure you are aware, that ride will be reworked for a different reason

Thelazer

Personally I'm really trying to temper my expectations with a proper Imagination redo. With that said however, I wouldn't doubt it if D'amaro is planning to bring back the original duo at some point in the future. Heck, I think it would be great to announce a new Imagination at the next D23 expo in a year. Almost as, a sign of WDI emerging from the pandemic with a new E ticket everyone will be hyped for (even if it is announced way early on, and actual work on the pavilion doesn't begin until say, 2025). I'd be okay with waiting a few years in between an actual announcement and breaking ground on the pavilion, knowing the current version would only last a short while longer.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. They can never top the original ride... (or even get us half close back to it)

Inspired Figment

I've said it before, I'll say it again. They can never top the original ride... (or even get us half close back to it)
Which is why I say.. go to back to that original ride but make the improvements it needed back in ‘98. Mainly the stuff that was initially planned but cut out due to budgetary limitations, along with other technology & spfx enhancements. That’s all you need to do and everyone will be happy. 💜👍🏻 That and improve the marketing on the characters & attraction so they stay in the limelight. Then people ‘know’ they’re there that it’s a must see icon much like Spaceship Earth. That way we won’t have another Honey I Shrunk the Audience situation happen again where that was made the centerpiece attraction as opposed to the latter.

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

Which is why I say.. go to back to that original ride but make the improvements it needed back in ‘98. Mainly the stuff that was initially planned but cut out due to budgetary limitations, along with other technology & spfx enhancements. That’s all you need to do and everyone will be happy. 💜👍🏻 That and improve the marketing on the characters & attraction so they stay in the limelight. Then people ‘know’ they’re there that it’s a must see icon much like Spaceship Earth. That way we won’t have another Honey I Shrunk the Audience situation happen again where it was made the centerpiece attraction as opposed to the latter.
I don't think you go back to what was, but take inspiration from it to create the new Imagination. While we all morn the death of the original attraction, wouldn't simply bringing it back be a bit lackluster since it's something that already existed. IMHO, be inspired by what came before, and wow us with something new

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom