Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
More of the magic is returning! The phased reopening of the Disneyland Resort moves another step forward as the Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland Resort’s original hotel, reopens on July 2, 2021 with limited capacity. You can make room reservations now for your next memorable vacation at this landmark AAA Four Diamond hotel, immersed in the magic of Disney day and night!

Staying in the Fantasy Tower is enchanting, where the nostalgia of Disneyland, touches of pixie dust and “hidden” Mickeys meld with the hotel’s mid-century modern design. Initially, the Fantasy Tower will be the first Disneyland Hotel tower to reopen. In all guest rooms, one of my favorite features is the headboard that lights up with fireworks and plays, “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.” It’s so special!

During the closure, the upholstery and fabrics throughout the guest rooms, lobbies and meeting rooms were refreshed and updated. The guest rooms now feature a fun new fireworks pattern in the carpet and upgraded platform beds to help maximize storage. The corridor flooring features new patterns inspired by the art of Mary Blair with graphic elements recalling the park lands each of the towers are named for.

If you’re yearning for some yummy nibbles during your hotel stay, make a date at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill or the Coffee House. We recommend using the mobile order service on the Disneyland app** for added convenience at Tangaroa Terrace and the Coffee House."

el_super

I disagree with this entirely, it sounds like a bad excuse to build an empty uninteresting land.

Safety has to be the top priority. And honestly, budget cut doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you weigh it against the millions Disney spent on the R&D.

It just seems so ... formulaic. Complain that the park is closed, and then once it reopens, complain about the crowds.

Just go and have fun.

SevenSevens

The fact that it’s taking two hours to get a mobile ordered hot dog means they should probably hold off. They couldn’t even feed/ accomodate the people that are at the parks at 25% due to the staffing issues and tier restrictions.
My experience last Sunday when we went to order lunch was the wait for what we wanted was over an hour on the mobile app, so we just walked up the register (there was no line) and the food was ready for us before I finished paying. Obviously not helpful for those locations that only do mobile ordering, but at hybrid locations it is clear Disney is being stingy with mobile ordering capacity.

mickEblu

Safety has to be the top priority. And honestly, budget cut doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you weigh it against the millions Disney spent on the R&D.

It just seems so ... formulaic. Complain that the park is closed, and then once it reopens, complain about the crowds.

Just go and have fun.

The only thing that’s formulaic are your posts

mickEblu

My experience last Sunday when we went to order lunch was the wait for what we wanted was over an hour on the mobile app, so we just walked up the register (there was no line) and the food was ready for us before I finished paying. Obviously not helpful for those locations that only do mobile ordering, but at hybrid locations it is clear Disney is being stingy with mobile ordering capacity.

Good to know. I don’t think I’ve ever mobile ordered. Maybe once. I’m not an early adopter for anything. If there’s a register and the wait is decent I’ll do that. If not I’m at the mercy of mobile ordering of course or I’ll just sneak in a bologna sandwich

Stevek

More of the magic is returning! The phased reopening of the Disneyland Resort moves another step forward as the Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland Resort’s original hotel, reopens on July 2, 2021 with limited capacity. You can make room reservations now for your next memorable vacation at this landmark AAA Four Diamond hotel, immersed in the magic of Disney day and night!

Staying in the Fantasy Tower is enchanting, where the nostalgia of Disneyland, touches of pixie dust and “hidden” Mickeys meld with the hotel’s mid-century modern design. Initially, the Fantasy Tower will be the first Disneyland Hotel tower to reopen. In all guest rooms, one of my favorite features is the headboard that lights up with fireworks and plays, “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.” It’s so special!

During the closure, the upholstery and fabrics throughout the guest rooms, lobbies and meeting rooms were refreshed and updated. The guest rooms now feature a fun new fireworks pattern in the carpet and upgraded platform beds to help maximize storage. The corridor flooring features new patterns inspired by the art of Mary Blair with graphic elements recalling the park lands each of the towers are named for.

If you’re yearning for some yummy nibbles during your hotel stay, make a date at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill or the Coffee House. We recommend using the mobile order service on the Disneyland app** for added convenience at Tangaroa Terrace and the Coffee House."

Yes...my liver will be angry but my home away from home will finally be open again. Trader Sam's, here I come! The "nightmare" is over!

Oh, and the reservation site for the hotel is slammed right now.

el_super

Ya but it’s how you say it right.

Yeah I know that sincerity translates as well as sarcasm on the internet... but seriously don't worry so much about how long the lines are and what rides you get to do and whether your food will be cold... if you worry so much about having a bad experience you will never have the chance to have a good experience.

CaptinEO

So because of safety Disney can't have aliens or robots in their largest land of all time because they are afraid of people taking photos?

😂

ToTBellHop

First time I’ve seen a post mentioning a visit to the parks but not the CA-resident restriction. It just mentions needing a park reservation and face covering.

mickEblu

Yeah I know that sincerity translates as well as sarcasm on the internet... but seriously don't worry so much about how long the lines are and what rides you get to do and whether your food will be cold... if you worry so much about having a bad experience you will never have the chance to have a good experience.

We haven’t gone on a trip in a while, let alone Disneyland. When Im dropping 2k for a weekend at Disneyland I want to make sure I get the most value out of my trip. Also again, it’s it’s not just me and my wife or other adults. We have a 5 year old, 8 month old and my 2 year old nephew and everything that comes along with them to consider. Im not cheap but I want value and don’t like to make a dumb decision especially when I have the knowledge. The fact is after they decided to increase capacity to 35% this week it makes anytime between now and June 15h the worst time to go. As you have the most restrictions and least capacity. It irks me that my trip happens to fall in this timeframe but my wife and son are too excited so it seems that there is “no turning back now.” So it just comes down to trying to set yourself up for a good trip. When I’m there, we ll all be making the best of it. That’s how it’s always been. In fact if anything, I’ll likely have a better experience now because of the low expectations.

ToTBellHop

From Paradise Pier’s reopening announcement:

Planning to visit the theme parks during your stay? Remember that all guests ages 3 and up will need both a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day and same park to enter the park they want to visit.*** Theme park reservations have to be made in advance, and they’re limited and subject to availability. Planning a stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel? You can use your hotel confirmation number to view the latest reservation availability for theme parks. Be sure to have a valid ticket to book your theme park reservation. Keep in mind: a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access, and you’ll need to link your park tickets to a Disney account to make a separate theme park reservation. If you do not have an applicable theme park reservation confirmation and a valid ticket, you will not be granted access to the theme parks. Also, only California residents may visit the parks at this time. You may be asked to show such proof of residency, as necessary. Remember that appropriate face coverings are required for all guests ages 2 and older throughout the resort.

And from today’s announcement:

Planning to visit the theme parks during your stay? The Disneyland Hotel is ideally situated just steps from Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park, as well as the gateway of the Downtown Disney District.

Remember that all guests ages 3 and up need both a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day and same park to enter the park they want to visit.**** Theme park reservations need to be made in advance, and they’re limited and subject to availability.

You can also use your hotel confirmation number to view the latest reservation availability for theme parks. Be sure to have a valid ticket to book your theme park reservation. Keep in mind: a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access, and you’ll need to link your park tickets to a Disney account to make a separate theme park reservation. If you do not have an applicable theme park reservation confirmation and a valid ticket, you will not be granted access to the theme parks. Remember that appropriate face coverings are required for all guests ages 2 and older throughout the resort.

It’s boilerplate and they changed it.

mickEblu

I know that many of us lament fast passes but are we really better off without them? Fast passes might be a case where they were better for APs who just wanted to do few Es and some smaller attractions but not necessarily vacationers. I’d much rather have a front of the line pass if I’m on vacation.

Anyway I’m looking at the wait times and everything seems to be between 25-50 minutes with a few exceptions. In this scenario you avoid the mega long lines but have virtually no walk ons and everything is a decent wait. For my money, I think I’d feel more satisfaction fast passing a few big rides, having to wait in maybe 1-2 long ones, having some walk ons and some average wait times. The variety I think helps. Right now you are just waiting at least 25 -40 minutes for most attractions and just doing that over and over. It’s nice to hear those lines stay moving though.

Then again this isn’t a perfect experiment as ride capacity is limited right now.

CaptinEO

I know that many of us lament fast passes but are we really better off without them? Fast passes might be a case where they were better for APs who just wanted to do few Es and some smaller attractions but not necessarily vacationers. I’d much rather have a front of the line pass if I’m on vacation.

Anyway I’m looking at the wait times and everything seems to be between 25-50 minutes with a few exceptions. In this scenario you avoid the mega long lines but have virtually no walk ons and everything is a decent wait. For my money, I think I’d feel more satisfaction fast passing a few big rides, having to wait in maybe 1-2 long ones, having some walk ons and some average wait times. The variety I think helps. Right now you are just waiting at least 25 -40 minutes for most attractions and just doing that over and over. It’s nice to hear those lines stay moving though.

Then again this isn’t a perfect experiment as ride capacity is limited right now.
These are the exact same wait times as last Saturday and it was a blast.

Also without fastpass you are actively moving through lines instead of waiting. This makes such a big difference. It's a huge win as theres no more stopping and starting of the line at the discretion of employees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom