FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

Nope. I have to politely disagree. I might FP Space Mnt to wait only 5-10 mins and use my other 2 FPs on 7dwarfs and Splash Mtn. At no other time will I wait 45 mins + to ride anything else in MK. We have never waited more than 20 mins for EVERY ride at all 4 parks using the FP system every summer for the last 7 yrs pre Covid. Because we know how to use it properly. The ONLY reason you’re saying you haven’t heard a complaint recently with the removal of FP is because the parks have been at 35% capacity. That will not be the case going forward. The lines for the most popular attractions will exceedingly get longer and longer this summer and fall and we WILL see the standby lines showing wait times of over an hour more likely 2+ for the major attractions without the reimplementation of some sort of FP system. It’s simple math
Yea, good luck getting a 7 dwarfs fp unless you are first on the phone and staying onsite. But, you are one person out of thousands. I have never been able to get one of those. I have ridden it three times without a FP and walked on. Twice during the parade, and once after breakfast at "Be my guest".

It doesn't matter how many people are in the park, as a general good for all situation, FP sucks. It slows down the "other" line and unless you are planning on going only on FP obtained rides you are going to lose that time on the others. You guys can kid yourself forever and ignore the thousands of others that are unable to obtain all those additional FP's because of numerous legitimate reasons, but its existence is unfair and frustrating to all those other people. That may not be of any concern to you right now, but as years go by and the inevitable slowing of new visitors starts to take its toll, it will make a difference. Remember all those businesses that were thought to be to big to fail that you do not see around anymore. That can happen to Disney as the word of the delays and frustration gets transmitted to the general public. And it become the famous saying... "no one goes there anymore, it's to crowded". And it will be the reason.

PirateFrank

Yea, good luck getting a 7 dwarfs fp unless you are first on the phone and staying onsite. But, you are one person out of thousands. I have never been able to get one of those. I have ridden it three times without a FP and walked on. Twice during the parade, and once after breakfast at "Be my guest".

It doesn't matter how many people are in the park, as a general good for all situation, FP sucks. It slows down the "other" line and unless you are planning on going only on FP obtained rides you are going to lose that time on the others. You guys can kid yourself forever and ignore the thousands of others that are unable to obtain all those additional FP's because of numerous legitimate reasons, but its existence is unfair and frustrating to all those other people. That may not be of any concern to you right now, but as years go by and the inevitable slowing of new visitors starts to take its toll, it will make a difference. Remember all those businesses that were thought to be to big to fail that you do not see around anymore. That can happen to Disney as the word of the delays and frustration gets transmitted to the general public. And it become the famous saying... "no one goes there anymore, it's to crowded". And it will be the reason.

Great point. My biggest issue with FP isn't the ability to get on a desirable attraction using a faster line.....its the saturation it creates on the queues of other attractions.....

Captain America posted something above - which was a great technical explanation of how FP increases the effective capacity of attractions, because it puts people in queues on slow attractions who otherwise wouldn't be there. That's great for Disney....it sucks for us.

My own guest satisfaction with WDW has gotten worse each and every successive year that FP and then FP+ has been implemented, because while my time waiting to get on 3 attractions is shortened, each and every other attraction has greatly increased wait times. Those underutilized attractions are godsends when you've just endured an 80 minute wait cooking in the sun on Big Thunder...You can get into something like pirates quickly, get off your feet/cool off and be able to recharge to wait on another long line. Instead, *every* line is long. Every attraction is loaded....

flutas

When you originally posted those categories in another other thread...someone responded to you saying that the DVC category is most likely extra FPs as perks/inticements to prospective DVC buyers, not DVC owners....kinda like getting a free night for sitting through a time share presentation.

Also, while I am not currently an online application developer, I used to be. Developers create categories like this all the time - it doesn't mean they are going to be actively used. It might be a placeholder in case they ever see a need for a DVC based category.

Granted I could be wrong and there's a DVC category - but Ive been an owner for more than 13 years - and I can't possibly see the company giving out such a perk. DVC perks have disappeared/dwindled over time, not the reverse.

My thought about it (after I dug up some more stuff after that original post) mainly being a new perk to get people to

A) buy direct from Disney
B) buy the timeshares in general

Also, sed 's/FastPass/Magic Access/g'. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Except in practice, this wasn't how FP+ actually worked. It wasn't evenly used by everyone.

After the 3 pre-booked FP, everyone had the ability to book a 4th FP, but few people knew about it, or at least how to use that option effectively. Many opted to use just 3 FP for assorted reasons. There were also people who didn't book any FP.

More or less, I imagine there will always be a % of WDW visitors that won't use FP.

...but it frankly blew.

so you gotta go on line and decide where you’re gonna be 55 days from now on tickets designed specifically for Leisure and flexibility/options...to get 3 things...in some parks 2 of which nobody really wants...that resulted in every other line being unusually long/slow for what you’re getting??

yep...great system

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My thought about it (after I dug up some more stuff after that original post) mainly being a new perk to get people to

A) buy direct from Disney
B) buy the timeshares in general

Also, sed 's/FastPass/Magic Access/g'. :)

so I’m confused...

do you get that sweet loving if you buy new?

that’s great!!!

but what do you do with the 500,000 or so memberships (not individuals) that are second most likely to be there on every day of the year?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney has made it clear that they no longer care about keeping guests on property. They've made the calculation that Uber and Lyft are too widespread and it's a battle they can't win. They obviously still want the resort room night revenue, but they no longer seem to care about protecting the captive guest bubble for F&B, merch, and recreation.
This 1000%.
Nobody is Better at data...
If they looked at it and determined that there’s no more money to be generated by doing something...they don’t pay to do it.

ppete1975

FP+ showed how terribly under built the three other parks were, and not all things at Disney world need a FP/queue.

Going to Disney with full crowds and no FP off any sort will suck, not looking forward to it.
Or worse, the people who can barely afford going feel like third class citizens because the people who can easily afford it will be fairly evident. And the people who already use debt to pay for the trip will just make the shareholders even more happy. Lets be honest its the first step to a class system that used to be harder to spot, now it will punch you in the face.
Ive always hated six flags fast pass approach, where it cost more than a daily ticket totally setting up a class system. But Six flags is cheap, for what we pay currently for disney outside of dessert parties and fancy eating there should be no difference in customers.

Dranth

My own guest satisfaction with WDW has gotten worse each and every successive year that FP and then FP+ has been implemented, because while my time waiting to get on 3 attractions is shortened, each and every other attraction has greatly increased wait times.
Yes but how much of that is due to them cramming more and more people in parks where they keep replacing attractions with lower capacity alternative or close them completely vs. how much is due to the FP+ system?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nope. I have to politely disagree. I might FP Space Mnt to wait only 5-10 mins and use my other 2 FPs on 7dwarfs and Splash Mtn. At no other time will I wait 45 mins + to ride anything else in MK. We have never waited more than 20 mins for EVERY ride at all 4 parks using the FP system every summer for the last 7 yrs pre Covid. Because we know how to use it properly. The ONLY reason you’re saying you haven’t heard a complaint recently with the removal of FP is because the parks have been at 35% capacity. That will not be the case going forward. The lines for the most popular attractions will exceedingly get longer and longer this summer and fall and we WILL see the standby lines showing wait times of over an hour more likely 2+ for the major attractions without the reimplementation of some sort of FP system. It’s simple math

where ya live, boss?

ColeTrain04

I’ve never had issues with getting a FP for any ride. And truth be told people who pay the Disney premium deserve the perks. If those slots fill up before the 30 day mark, which I agree will happen, then they went to people who paid a pretty penny to get them. You can’t blame Disney for rewarding people who stay on their property. Yes it also makes the standby lines longer. Also, if you know how to use fast pass properly then you also wouldn’t have any issues getting the ones you want. We rarely ever stay on property and still were able to get any fast pass we wanted day of. It’s really just knowing how to play the game.

TimeTrip

We have never waited more than 20 mins for EVERY ride at all 4 parks using the FP system every summer for the last 7 yrs pre Covid.
You're saying that's the case for every ride you ever used a FastPass for? I.e. you never waited more than 20 minutes for 3 rides a day, or maybe 1 or 2 more if you got through them all and got subsequent day-of fastpasses? I'm assuming so, but I can see how your statement could be interpreted differently.

AmishGuy91

You're saying that's the case for every ride you ever used a FastPass for? I.e. you never waited more than 20 minutes for 3 rides a day, or maybe 1 or 2 more if you got through them all and got subsequent day-of fastpasses? I'm assuming so, but I can see how your statement could be interpreted differently.

It sounds right to me. I'd normally get around 10 fast passes a day and you rarely wait more than 20 minutes in the FP line. Going last September, the low crowds were nice, but I waited 30+ minutes for rides way more often than I ever did pre-covid.

Dutch Inn '76

I'd hate to see free FPs go away. I know how to use them, and I use those guys well. If noobs can't figure it out, too bad. It's not hard. We were there back before Christmas without FPs, and I waited in lines longer than I have in years. There were a lot of things that we just didn't have time to do. Frankly, no FPs would eventually effect my desire to go to WDW at all, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom