FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreading

Clearly Disney is not uncomfortable with offering FP at a price (club rooms,VIP tours, and Club 33). The question to me is why they would give them away. No one else in the theme park industry (that I know of) does.

rreading

You could also keep park pass and cap the capacity to maintain reasonable wait times.
Yes. I would still imagine guest satisfaction would drop. Could be wrong though. I’ve hated fighting the park pass this June. Much rather lose out on getting a FP for FOP than miss out on going to AK. But that’s what’s happening to HS right now. Impossible to get a park reservation as everyone wants the ability to get a ROTR reservation

TrojanUSC

Those low wait times are because of reduced capacity. Try it again once crowds are back to normal.

Wait times, even on busy days, pre-FP were never quite what they became once 80% of the riders came from FP.

Also, even if they go back to a somewhat normal capacity, they will theoretically be adding quite a bit more operating capacity throughout the park with added shows, filling every row, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Value and memories is part of what has made Disney parks appealing.

they haven’t invested enough to maintain that.

is it unreasonable to wait an hour? No...not at all. But it is unreasonable to have fo wait in a stagnant 45 minute line for something that is old and should be more or less a walk on. Like buzz or pirates.

I’m not letting Iger off the hook for playing social experiment with the parks. It is what it is...but don’t ignore that his major contribution to the parks was to remonetize long paid for stuff at the expense of the park’s soul

djkidkaz

I wouldn’t be surprised to see FP become a perk of staying on site. They did away with their version of Magical Express so you will need an alternate reason to get people to stay on property. I feel like free FP for hotel guests would be the best option for Disney to not have to pay for magical express busses which I’m sure was expensive. Now they just give free FP which costs them nothing at all and they still get guests choosing to stay on their property.

Nickp1983

Magical Express going away is the dumbest thing ever. The entire reason for us to stay on site is for the immersive disney experience.

You get off the plane and Disney takes care of the rest.

Disney keeps wanting more and more money as they offer less and less.

As for FP
Here's my idea. And it's crazy!
1 FP per park guest
1 additional FP for resort guest.
1 additional FP for Disney+ bundle subscriber's.

When you sign up for a year of Disney+ with ESPN and Hulu you are given a code that gives your entire booking party 1 additional fast pass per person for each park ticket.

Boom. LOL

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wouldn’t be surprised to see FP become a perk of staying on site. They did away with their version of Magical Express so you will need an alternate reason to get people to stay on property. I feel like free FP for hotel guests would be the best option for Disney to not have to pay for magical express busses which I’m sure was expensive. Now they just give free FP which costs them nothing at all and they still get guests choosing to stay on their property.

they don’t make profit on hotel rooms...1/3 of them are timeshares already paid...and they’ve never needed that much reason to get people to buy the rooms. They show up with an over leveraged discover card in their hands anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Magical Express going away is the dumbest thing ever. The entire reason for us to stay on site is for the immersive disney experience.

You get off the plane and Disney takes care of the rest.

Disney keeps wanting more and more money as they offer less and less.

As for FP
Here's my idea. And it's crazy!
1 FP per park guest
1 additional FP for resort guest.
1 additional FP for Disney+ bundle subscriber's.

When you sign up for a year of Disney+ with ESPN and Hulu you are given a code that gives your entire booking party 1 additional fast pass per person for each park ticket.

Boom. LOL

they’ve made the determination that a far more than acceptable percentage of customers will do nothing but continue to pay.

I would bet their farm they’re right

Last edited:

Nickp1983

they don’t make profit on hotel rooms...1/3 of them are timeshares already paid...and they’ve never needed that much reason to get people to buy the rooms. They show up with an over leveraged discover card in their hands anyway.
I would imagine if you're staying on-site you are staying longer AND only going to Disney. So there's a perk to get people to the resorts.

If we stay off site it's because we are doing Unversal as well and probably going to beach for a day or two.

Dranth

Those low wait times are because of reduced capacity. Try it again once crowds are back to normal.
This.

Disney has mentioned before that they believe there is a minimum ride threshold to make people happy and staffing just enough to barely hit that limit makes the most financial sense. That is what they seemed to doing pre-pandemic and it appears they have been heading that way during.

Look at what they have done since fall of last year. Each time they have increased capacity, wait times have trended up. Now that we are at the point where they are transitioning out of pandemic mode, I expect wait times are going to shoot up even higher until they hit their market research, mathematically derived attraction per day number and then stabilize. Once we reach that point, standby only is going to be far worse than it is now.

Chip Chipperson

And even with reduced capacity, I saw Slinky Dog Dash have an 80-minute wait at 8:45 AM on Friday when the park didn't officially open for another 15 minutes. A few days earlier it was 70 minutes at 9:00 and was even longer a little later in the morning. We chose the 50-minute wait for MMRR on Tuesday morning instead since we hadn't been to WDW since the ride opened. We also saw 7DMT with a 70-minute wait shortly after MK opened. We opted for the 25-minute wait for Big Thunder instead and rode that 3 times in less time than it would have taken to ride 7DMT once.

And I mentioned in another post that the Nemo ride in Epcot had a 35-minute wait on Thursday afternoon, so you can imagine what the wait times were for Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, etc. And that was around the same time it took us 20+ minutes just to order a Taco Vampiro and another 10-ish minutes to get it once we ordered, so it's not like the waits for rides were because nobody was hitting the food booths.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would imagine if you're staying on-site you are staying longer AND only going to Disney. So there's a perk to get people to the resorts.

If we stay off site it's because we are doing Unversal as well and probably going to beach for a day or two.

Correct...that’s always been the case.

there was never a lot of “leakers” from the on property hotels...that’s been exaggerated. If your paying the vast overcharge for Disney hotels...you’ve fallen for the “D”

but they provide their own proof. If operating hotels lead to such a massive revenue difference...their last groundbreaking on a hotel wouldn’t have been in 2001...

they’d have 10 more by now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How can you not profit selling a dressed up Motel 6 (values) for $120-150 per night?

because it’s assigned to a huge overhead system.

it semantics...but an important point in such a large operation. Most motel 6 don’t roll 500 buses 18 hours a day.

where the profit? The $42 plush made for $1.50 in the sweatshop next to Shanghai magic kingdom and shipped in mass to be sold by a minimum wage, CP...

but I don’t want to tangent too much off fastpass.

I will say as an “incentive” to stay on site is pointless unless they can double the prices.

Nickp1983

Correct...that’s always been the case.

there was never a lot of “leakers” from the on property hotels...that’s been exaggerated. If your paying the vast overcharge for Disney hotels...you’ve fallen for the “D”

but they provide their own proof. If operating hotels lead to such a massive revenue difference...their last groundbreaking on a hotel wouldn’t have been in 2001...

they’d have 10 more by now
But wouldn't increased hotel capacity lead to increased crowds at parks which would then lead to an increase in wait times and also require more cast members?

Seems like it's a real fine balancing act.

If you ever seen Pumping Iron with Arnold (trust me... this is going somewhere)..... when he talked about being proportionate.. you make your biceps bigger .. you have to make your shoulders bigger... then chest... then back. It's not as easy as just making one area bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom