Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree - I'm in the North East as well, and I've been to Wal-mart maybe 3 times since this began, only when I absolutely had to. They are gross to begin with. With this? Just letting anyone in walking around without a mask on the "honor system"? HA. Won't be setting foot there. Target still wants my business though, so that's fine. ;)
If Target changes too there‘s always Amazon ;)

Chi84

Premium Member
How would they know? Employees don’t report to their company when they are vaccinated. And here in FL, the governor has made it illegal to ask.

I am vaccinated. My employer does not “formally” know, other than the casual conversations I’ve had with co-workers.
It's not illegal to ask in every state, and in many cases employees willingly share that information with employers - some formally, some informally. The fallacy is that anything that is done must be done perfectly or not at all. Life doesn't work that way.

ImperfectPixie

We have to remember that most people who work at Walmart do not make a living wage. So to expect them to enforce rules that will only give them grief throughout there already stress full day is a bit much. (This said as a former employee of said company).
Don't get me wrong...I don't blame the employees at all. For me, it's all on management and the higher ups. 1) for not backing employees, and 2) for treating employees like they're disposable.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How would they know? Employees don’t report to their company when they are vaccinated. And here in FL, the governor has made it illegal to ask.

I am vaccinated. My employer does not “formally” know, other than the casual conversations I’ve had with co-workers.
In FL it is illegal now to refuse someone access to a business based on vaccination status. I don’t think it’s illegal for an employer to ask if you are vaccinated. If an employer chooses they could make a policy that all employees must still wear a mask but give an exception if someone shows proof they are fully vaccinated. Then if you don’t want to show proof you don’t have to, you just have to wear a mask. Everyone showing proof would be doing it voluntarily anyway so no violation either way.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
In FL it is illegal now to refuse someone access to a business based on vaccination status. I don’t think it’s illegal for an employer to ask if you are vaccinated. If an employer chooses they could make a policy that all employees must still wear a mask but give an exception if someone shows proof they are fully vaccinated. Then if you don’t want to show proof you don’t have to, you just have to wear a mask. Everyone showing proof would be doing it voluntarily anyway so no violation either way.
I know a few large companies in my state are toying with the idea of requiring employees to be vaccinated before coming back to the office....and I bet some will implement this.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know a few large companies in my state are toying with the idea of requiring employees to be vaccinated before coming back to the office....
We looked at that where I work but the powers that be decided not to go that way. We are required to wear a mask in the office so I wonder if that changes now. Wild times. Things changing so fast.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No

GaBoy

It's not illegal to ask in every state, and in many cases employees willingly share that information with employers - some formally, some informally. The fallacy is that anything that is done must be done perfectly or not at all. Life doesn't work that way.
I just cashed in a $100 E Gift card with my employer. Affidavit with both dates and if it was a single or double dose. Could care less if anyone knows.

CosmicRays

Don't get me wrong...I don't blame the employees at all. For me, it's all on management and the higher ups. 1) for not backing employees, and 2) for treating employees like they're disposable.
You are absolutely correct- most managers in my experience ovet the past 20 years of retail have been all about the bottom line, and not about empowering their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom