News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicRays

This is bad for castmembers. I think Disneys decision will really be influenced by the pushback CMs get from guests trying to enforce the mask mandate.

Expect the mandate to be lifted really soon. For the sake of the CMs
I didn't think about this but it makes perfect sense. I would hope that people visiting would adhere to the rules and not treat the workers with negativity, but you know what they say about hope in one hand...

donsullivan

Premium Member
They are unmasking at the White House right now, staffers, media and all of the others there. This is a change in stance from the top -- forget the idea of vaccine passports, this is going to happen very very fast.
And they can require/ask every person about their vaccination status. WDW is not allowed by Florida law to do that.

Fear

operational nightmare.
More than current mask enforcement? More than enforcement in the extremely muddier waters that we've just been thrust into?

I'm not saying it's a perfect system, but something akin to that could work, given the legislation they're bound by right now, right?

disneygeek90

They are unmasking at the White House right now, staffers, media and all of the others there. This is a change in stance from the top -- forget the idea of vaccine passports, this is going to happen very very fast.
I'd bet the White House is nearly 100% vaccinated.

The CDC didn't say no masks for anyone. They said no masks for vaccinated individuals. This is why it's tricky for Disney.

donsullivan

Premium Member
There is a very simple fact here that, whether we like it or not is guiding all of this. Walt Disney World is not allowed to ask guests about their vaccination status. In the absence of that, the mask requirement will stay in place for all cast and guests until CDC guidance changes to suggest that masks are no longer required regardless of vaccination status. They must have only one rule applied evenly to all guests. Anything else is an unmanageable mess.

CosmicRays

I would imagine the Disney keeps the mask mandate as long as humanly possible because of the lack of knowing who is vaccinated. This does make me wonder if the CDC somehow never updates past today lets say and always says unvaccinated can not unmask, would Disney ever drop theirs?

RSoxNo1

3 rides, ouch. That sounds like I would have spent my whole day at Baseline.
June 11-18th, 2018 the park operated with 3 rides: RnRC, Tower, and Star Tours. Toy Story Mania was closed for refurb and then had it's official "location" change on June 30th, 2018. GMR had closed in August of 2017. Baseline Tap House was open at this time, it opened in September 2017.

RoyWalley

Why wouldn't Disney just assume everyone is unvaccinated which would also minimize the risk to the unvaccinated kids out there? Seems like a no-brainer at this stage...
Would not be a good business move.

Walt Disney Company reports Q2 2021 earnings showing more than $1billion decrease in earnings at Parks, Experiences and Products due to COVID-19​

Disney needs people at the parks, no masks that way CM do not have to police it and if people feel anxiety about Covid, then you can wear one if you choose to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom