News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdpierce

It was signed into law last week. As long as it continues to be on the books WDW is required to comply with it. It's causing havoc with the restart of the cruise industry as well.
I apologize for not being clear enough - I don't imagine that there's much of an issue with Florida's ridiculousness since Federal law will ultimately control in the area since tourism is pretty inherently a interstate commerce. It'll take some time, but I don't see how it stands.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I apologize for not being clear enough - I don't imagine that there's much of an issue with Florida's ridiculousness since Federal law will ultimately control in the area since tourism is pretty inherently a interstate commerce. It'll take some time, but I don't see how it stands.
Prior to last week when it was just an Executive Order it could have been fixed easily. Now that's it's a law the governor can no longer just sign it away. When he made the choice to sign that law he locked it in for a long time. We already have cruise lines (NCL) threatening to pull all of their ships out of the state because they aren't allowed to require crew and passengers to be vaccinated before boarding. If the cruise industry restarts and has another COVID outbreak on a ship because the governor of FL will not allow them to require vaccines that industry may never recover.

Even if there are court cases trying to get rid of it, that is going to take months to work through the court system

CosmicRays

June 11-18th, 2018 the park operated with 3 rides: RnRC, Tower, and Star Tours. Toy Story Mania was closed for refurb and then had it's official "location" change on June 30th, 2018. GMR had closed in August of 2017. Baseline Tap House was open at this time, it opened in September 2017.
Well I do love some Rockin so theres that lol.

Roy G. Dis

Would not be a good business move.

Walt Disney Company reports Q2 2021 earnings showing more than $1billion decrease in earnings at Parks, Experiences and Products due to COVID-19​

Disney needs people at the parks, no masks that way CM do not have to police it and if people feel anxiety about Covid, then you can wear one if you choose to go.

They just beat their earnings estimates despite your BOLDED LARGE TEXT

tpac24

I wish you could say the same for these threads! You’d think that reasoning would have saved a few data servers here.
None of them are Disney people so they would never enjoy this board as much as we do. Actually the ones I know are not really big into social media either.

donsullivan

Premium Member
You seem very sure of yourself? What leads you to believe this?
Because I know that all of their actions throughout the entire company in every building and every division of the company, not just parks is based on CDC guidance. That is the baseline they have used for everything, everywhere. When they closed all of their offices, the protocols they put in place where all based on CDC guidelines. That has been there benchmark to set policy with since all of this started. It's the one constant that takes politics and other agendas out of the loop. It also gives them a solid foundation for legal protection should someone try to sue them saying they didn't take proper precautions for employees or guests. Again, these are not just rules for the parks but every part of the entire corporation.

BaconPancakes

You guys may want to pay attention to the Disney 2nd quarter earnings call going on right this moment…Chapek said that Disney will make mask decisions based on the CDC guidance. This will happen sooner than later and quicker than some may like.
Right and the CDC is lowering mask requirements for vaccinated people ONLY. Don’t hold your breath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom