News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew81

Everyone keeps thinking Disney can open up full blast.

Can you imagine higher capacity at Studios without the shows? And I’ve got bad news for many who think certain shows are returning ASAP if at all.

tpac24

The CDC says people who are unvaccinated need to wear masks indoors. That is supported by science. For Disney, they have to assume everybody is unvaccinated, particularly indoors.
Or not because they covered themselves legally on this before they ever even reopened.

tpac24

Everyone keeps thinking Disney can open up full blast.

Can you imagine higher capacity at Studios without the shows? And I’ve got bad news for many who think certain shows are returning ASAP if at all.
Why wouldn't they if the cast was all vaccinated?

FantasiaMickey2000

Best Guess, Universal will announce it Monday, Disney will be about 2 weeks behind.

This summer is setting up to be the busiest Disney summer in a long time (if not a record).
With All Star Sports, All Star Music, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, and parts of Animal Kingdom Lodge still closed with no reopening date, I wouldn’t expect it to be the busiest ever. I’d expect it to seem busier due to all the closed entertainment, but actually number of visitors will likely be lower than most years pre 2020.

BaconPancakes

And for the people who did the right thing and got vaccinated we deserve this at this point. I’m tired of protecting Karen and billy Bob who refuse to protect themselves. For those of us who have followed all the rules, this is a wonderful day.
They should start requiring proof of vaccination like DL and then no masks required at all. I’m sure a certain group of people would have meltdowns, but would work to keep capacity lower.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With All Star Sports, All Star Music, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, and parts of Animal Kingdom Lodge still closed with no reopening date, I wouldn’t expect it to be the busiest ever. I’d expect it to seem busier due to all the closed entertainment, but actually number of visitors will likely be lower than most years pre 2020.

I wonder how much time they would leave between the announcement of those opening and the opening day?

FantasiaMickey2000

I wonder how much time they would leave between the announcement of those opening and the opening day?
You have to figure at least a month, no? Need to call back, if any are left, former cast members. Need to hire and train new ones. Then they have to clean the resort and rooms which have been left vacant for over a year now. They need to start up supply chain deliveries again. And they’d probably want plenty of time for bookings to fill up so they are making money opening it.

HairyChest

That statement wouldn't protect them from bad PR if a outbreak was traced to the parks.
That would be on the CDC. Not on Disney. This is actually a good opportunity for their PR “Come join us as we celebrate the return to normality. Get vaccinated, protect others, and celebrate the moment with us”. Plus the amount of people that would book a trip, the increase in capacity, the return of shows and etc would be tremendous. Not to mention an easier toll on the CMs and enforcing mask mandates no more.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Today's CDC news seems to make things very difficult for Disney.

There is now going to be an expectation to go maskless, and yet Disney has no way to validate vaccination status. So that would seem to suggest they will have to follow the lowest levels of the chart for now/

Walt-Disney-Company_Full_41964.jpg

Bob Harlem

Today's CDC news seems to make things very difficult for Disney.

There is now going to be an expectation to go maskless, and yet Disney has no way to validate vaccination status. So that would seem to suggest they will have to follow the lowest levels of the chart for now/

Walt-Disney-Company_Full_41964.jpg
We need Vegas odds on this one. (Also add in the Universal factor, which will probably go full on honor system and drop it first). I'd say June 6th -- one year to the day after they reopened. (if not even earlier than that) Then Disney about 2 weeks after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom