News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanUSC

"Outdoor unmasking" would still be a huge step forward for summer visitors, who'd only have to mask up when they're indoors, in the air-conditioning! We're coming in August, and trying to breathe through a sweat-soaked mask outdoors was something I was dreading, although I was certainly willing to do it if that was required.

I definitely agree that WDW will be requiring masks [indoors or otherwise] longer than most other places. It's hard for them not to, when so much of their target demographic is in the one age group that can't get vaccinated yet.

Its going to be indoors and while in queues, as many kind of straddle the outdoor/indoor line.

jamos140

I don't think I fully understand how big the news is but it will likely be the final straw.

The CDC knows that a lot of anti-vax people and the "hesitant" crowd are going to not wear masks anywhere now too. They will just have to get vaccinated or run their risk of catching COVID. CDC cannot protect them.

Private business policies are going to change drastically very soon.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't think I fully understand how big the news is but it will likely be the final straw.

The CDC knows that a lot of anti-vax people and the "hesitant" crowd are going to not wear masks anywhere now too. They will just have to get vaccinated or run their risk of catching COVID. CDC cannot protect them.

Private business policies are going to change drastically very soon.
and Disney will be pressured as well. Masks are coming to end sooner than I ever expected. The wave has begun

ToTBellHop

Yes, that is the guidance, but for the purposes of Disney they have to assumed everyone is un-vaccinated.
All they will assume is that they are in Orange County, FL, must follow Orange County’s rules, and have the support of the CDC. We were never going to mandate masks until 100% of people are vaccinated. Disney will drop outdoor masks soon since they can do that at 50%. I’m unaware of a plan on indoor, but I presume they’ll go with 70% (of America?). That is likely by Fall. We are already at 59%.

HairyChest

Disney doesn't have to be cautious. They already put that responsibility on you and you are agreeing to the risks when you attend.
EC5FA19E-1A03-46E2-9C40-656A733B7FD7.jpeg

orky8

All they will assume is that they are in Orange County, FL, must follow Orange County’s rules, and have the support of the CDC. We were never going to mandate masks until 100% of people are vaccinated. Disney will drop outdoor masks soon since they can do that at 50%. I’m unaware of a plan on indoor, but I presume they’ll go with 70% (of America?). That is likely by Fall.

Assuming the OC guidance stays where it is, the 14-day average positivity rate will almost certainly fall below 5% within 2 weeks - probably sooner. At which point all mandates could b lifted.

jamos140

Assuming the OC guidance stays where it is, the 14-day average positivity rate will almost certainly fall below 5% within 2 weeks - probably sooner. At which point all mandates could b lifted.

OC may modify their guidance as well based on this. Which impact Disney even more.

jhint17

All they will assume is that they are in Orange County, FL, must follow Orange County’s rules, and have the support of the CDC. We were never going to mandate masks until 100% of people are vaccinated. Disney will drop outdoor masks soon since they can do that at 50%. I’m unaware of a plan on indoor, but I presume they’ll go with 70% (of America?). That is likely by Fall. We are already at 59%.
Any chance the outdoor mandate will be gone by June 8th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom