News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

Today’s guidance, in particular, could allow for maskless cruises since they want vaccine, anyway.

I like to think of myself as a rational person. I'm fully vaccinated, believe they work and I still don't think I can go on a cruise anymore! :D

Just the thought of being stuck on the ship for weeks puts that idea right out of my mind...

ToTBellHop

4E85271D-197D-4FBB-9169-A1F4AA719727.jpeg

The President of the United States posted this; there will be a lot of pressure on businesses.

jamos140

I agree that they won't RUSH to remove the mask policy for indoor. But with the new CDC guidance, it is going to be extremely difficult for CMs to enforce it. I don't think it lasts for long.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. WDW can't force their CMs to enforce a policy that the POTUS is no longer requiring.
They can for a bit. If Orange County wants 70% of adults, that is reasonable. Disney won’t be able to control people after that point. That is why they will step down to”indoor only” soon. It’s been a phased reopening; we are entering the final phases.

dreday3

They can’t determine who is vaccinated and who is not. Nor do they want a bad photo op with throngs of people crowded in front of the castle.

Yes, but at some point optics are going to change from looking bad because of not enforcing masks outdoors to looking bad for enforcing masks outdoors.

bad is probably not the right choice of words, feel free to replace it.

I don't know what the answer is - my thought is no masks outdoors for all - then up to individual states/businesses for how to enforce indoor mask use (until we reach a point of just no masks, period).

Weather_Lady

To be clear, this will just provide cover for Disney’s next move: no masks outdoors. I expect indoor masks to remain through the summer at this point, if not longer. That depends on how society proceeds. There are no plans in the works to remove mask rules indoors at WDW.
"Outdoor unmasking" would still be a huge step forward for summer visitors, who'd only have to mask up when they're indoors, in the air-conditioning! We're coming in August, and trying to breathe through a sweat-soaked mask outdoors was something I was dreading, although I was certainly willing to do it if that was required.

I definitely agree that WDW will be requiring masks [indoors or otherwise] longer than most other places. It's hard for them not to, when so much of their target demographic is in the one age group that can't get vaccinated yet.

jamos140

They can for a bit. If Orange County wants 70% of adults, that is reasonable. Disney won’t be able to control people after that point. That is why they will step down to”indoor only” soon. It’s been a phased reopening; we are entering the final phases.

Agree. For a short period of time.

This is a very significant development for WDW though. Really wish vaccine passports were a thing. It would make this a lot more simple.

orky8

They can’t determine who is vaccinated and who is not. Nor do they want a bad photo op with throngs of people crowded in front of the castle.

Are you kidding? Sports stadiums are being packed again. The bad optics is going to swiftly switch to a company using Covid as an excuse to charge the same for subpar services. For a long time, they got a break. That break is quickly coming to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom