News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

TTA94

What’s the odds WDWs castle returns back it’s original look after the 50th? Had it been painted the pink this year and specifically for the 50th then I’d say there’s a good chance it’s temporary, however since they painted it last year as part of Cinderella’s 70th Anniversary, Then came the added 50th decorations… I don’t know what will happen and if the pink is permanent.

Of course the vast majority of guests will think it was all painted specifically for the 50th, which isn’t fully true.

LittleMerman

Sorry to interrupt your narrative, but have you seen the castle in person recently? We saw it in September, December last year with what at time appeared to be pink uppers and purple iridescent turret roofs. Our last trip which ended a week ago, the castle pink had faded to a muted color and the turrets were deep blue.
Yes I was there in January of this year and again in February. Was not a fan.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes I was there in January of this year and again in February. Was not a fan.
1620209774984.png

LittleMerman

I was referring to the new paint scheme when I said I wasn't a fan. Not loving the new decorations either although I have not seen them in person. I didn't like the new paint colors based on photos and a lot of people said wait until you see in person - and I still wasn't a fan. So I'm not sure how much would change seeing the decorations in person. To me, so far, it just looks like a mess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
it looks like it's melting...
Spring was never waiting for us, friend, it ran one step ahead as we followed in the dance between the parted pages and were pressed in love's hot, fevered iron. Like a striped pair of pants, Walt Disney's Park is melting in the dark, all the sweet, pink theming flowing down. Someone left the paint out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to paint it, and I'll never have iridescence again. Oh no! Ohh nooo... OH NOOOOOOOoooo....!!!!

RunningKoen

Spring was never waiting for us, friend, it ran one step ahead as we followed in the dance between the parted pages and were pressed in love's hot, fevered iron. Like a striped pair of pants, Walt Disney's Park is melting in the dark, all the sweet, pink theming flowing down. Someone left the paint out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to paint it, and I'll never have iridescence again. Oh no! Ohh nooo... OH NOOOOOOOoooo....!!!!

Well, since you brought up the sweet, pink theming.

And we cant sing along to this song without some cake reference :)

1620245422465.png

aladdin2007

What’s the odds WDWs castle returns back it’s original look after the 50th? Had it been painted the pink this year and specifically for the 50th then I’d say there’s a good chance it’s temporary, however since they painted it last year as part of Cinderella’s 70th Anniversary, Then came the added 50th decorations… I don’t know what will happen and if the pink is permanent.

Of course the vast majority of guests will think it was all painted specifically for the 50th, which isn’t fully true.

agree, I don't get why so many have said it will return after, I feel like this is a permanent color scheme for the foreseeable beyond the 50th unfortunately. I haven't read anything that suggests they plan to change the colors after the "mini 50th picnic".

Fable McCloud

I love the elegance of the ribbons and the buntings. I love the brightened blues and golds. I don't love the pink. In my brain, Sleeping Beauty Castle is pink, Cinderella Castle is blue-blue grey. Maybe by the next trip it will have faded a bit...

In all actuality though, it's all better than the cake. Though I do hate to see the clock covered by the 50th medallion.

Touchdown

I love the elegance of the ribbons and the buntings. I love the brightened blues and golds. I don't love the pink. In my brain, Sleeping Beauty Castle is pink, Cinderella Castle is blue-blue grey. Maybe by the next trip it will have faded a bit...

In all actuality though, it's all better than the cake. Though I do hate to see the clock covered by the 50th medallion.
I do love that clock. But a 50 has to go somewhere and it’s the least worst choice.

Parker in NYC

God willing. But in a world where Disney allows the rocks at the Tomorrowland hub entrance to continue flaking...

DoleWhipDrea

Didn't an insider here say that the paint job didn't come out as they expected and they weren't all that happy about it? I think it was alluded that it might get changed.

Giss Neric

I was referring to the new paint scheme when I said I wasn't a fan. Not loving the new decorations either although I have not seen them in person. I didn't like the new paint colors based on photos and a lot of people said wait until you see in person - and I still wasn't a fan. So I'm not sure how much would change seeing the decorations in person. To me, so far, it just looks like a mess.
I don't think it's a mess. The proper term is it look busy. Maybe taking down the buntings will solve it. The gems and the gold wraparounds are lovely.

Bocabear

I think the roof change helped a bit... It is still Golden Girls Mauve which is wrong for the whole character and idea of the castle....If this were being done for Disneyland's 50th, making all the castles worldwide look like Sleeping Beauty's Castle, it might make sense, but when it is the 50th Celebration for WDW's original castle and park it seems like it was just a bad idea. Maybe for Disneyland's 70th they will paint Sleeping Beauty Castle gray ...to look more like the WDW Castle.
With Advanced imaging and computers, they could have had a better idea of what it would look like before it was done...
Get rid of the peeling rocks in Tomorrowland and bring back the Gull-wing waterfalls from 1971... Give Tomorrowland it's WOW entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom